Comfort Suites Linn County Fairgrounds and Expo
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewscookiesfront deskevening snackshomemade souppretzelshome away from homeeggssmall couchwe've stayeda great place to staycascade grillspacious roomparking lothot tubright next doortwo queen bedsgreat breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed two nights coming and going over the Memorial Day weekend. As in past years the place is clean, the rooms quiet and the free breakfast good. There were cookies and corn chips late in the afternoon.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Stephanie B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Linn County Fairgrounds and Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel! It sounds like you have stayed with us on multiple occasions so I would also like to thank you for your loyalty. We work very hard to not only have great service and clean rooms, but to provide this consistently. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback that indicates we are succeeding! Thanks again and please let us know if there is anything we can do to help make your next stay even better.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here during our trip out west. The hotel was fine. We had no complaints about the hotel. Check-in and check-out went smoothly and the room was clean. My wife and I really enjoyed the pool. They have an indoor pool, spa and sauna. The area is decorated with lots of wood. If traveling along Interstate 5 in this area, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

We sincerely appreciate your kind words. Maintenance works very hard to keep all aspects of our hotel clean and in great condition, so it's always nice to hear when someone notices the hard work like you did regarding our pool area. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we are thankful for the time you took to share your experience with others.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

The rooms are large, comfortable and clean; there is a pool, sauna, hot tub and workout center; the complimentary hot breakfast is unbelievable: oatmeal, cereal, baked goods, waffles, eggs, sausage, yogurt, fruit, biscuits and gravy, juices, coffee...

We always go out of our way to stay here. This hotel is such a great value!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Emdtyler
Stephanie B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Linn County Fairgrounds and Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you so much for the kind words and positive review! We are pleased that we were able to so thoroughly meet all your needs and expectations -- repeatedly by the sound of it! Your loyalty means so much to us and if there is ever anything we can do to improve your stay, please don't hesitate to ask! Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We love it here! We are frequent guests, as we have family in Salem and Seattle, so we go thru here often. Non Smoking, great staff, great breakfast but we came in rather late and were tired.
Our room had a REALLY strong perfume odor and I immediately knew it would be an issue. Spoke to the very nice night guy about changing rooms, who said it was a carpet refresher and probably another room was the same. I am very sensitive and allergic & coughed all night. My husband even had a hard time. We kept the window open as late as we could. (bottom floor) with heater on high! Had a very fitful night. Realized in AM that there was a plug in air freshener that we had not seen and I guess the night guy didn't know they used them. I spoke to front desk and they were very nice & apologized and said they do not use them in every room but ones that need some refreshing. She assured me that she would inform the night guy and we should have been put in another room. I almost took cushions off the couch and slept in the tub! I would come here again but was disappointed. .
I applaud your hotel for advertising "Fresh Air" & no smoking but fragrances are probably even more dangerous and offensive. I find the plug in especially overwhelming. Maybe you could assign 1/2 the hotel to a fragrant free area too. I would come here again but was disappointed. I had a choice of where to stay and was looking forward to the nights rest.

Room Tip: Just check the room first if you have any allergies or asthma.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sharon H

Thank you so much for posting your review on TripAdvisor! We really appreciate all feedback whether good or bad so that we can make changes as necessary. I am so sorry to hear that you did not receive a restful nights sleep during your stay due to our air freshener. We try really hard to maintain a fresh smelling room without it being overpowering but sometimes there is a room that needs a bigger boost than others. The front desk agent should have offered to switch your room, so I will make sure to address this with my staff. I apologize that this issue was not handled better and I am sincerely glad that you brought this to my attention so we can avoid this type of thing in the future. Thanks again and I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future so we can provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Passed through Albany while on vacation and just needed a place to spend the night. Very reasonably priced, the room was clean, the hotel was quiet, staff was nice, decent location, close to the highway, free breakfast in the morning to get us on our way. We would definitely stay there again!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Stephanie B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Linn County Fairgrounds and Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

We appreciate your great review! Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to share with other potential guests. We are glad to hear you were able to enjoy our complimentary full hot breakfast buffet in the morning along with our other convenient features and amenities. Thanks again and we hope to serve you again in the future!