“My Appreciation”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Albany
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“My Appreciation”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I recently traveled with Sunshine Tours(based in Dublin,Va)to the west coast.Our destination was San Francisco,Ca.Our stay in Albany,Oregon was at the Comfort Suites.My review of this hotel is superb from every aspect!Upon leaving for our next destination,I did not realize that my carry on bag had been left behind.Comfort Suites notified our tour director and she informed me.I immediately tried to make arrangements to have my bag sent to the next hotel.Unfortunately,it was Memorial weekend.So,I requested that my bag be mailed to my home in Fredericksburg,Va via regular postal service.I returned to Fredericksburg on June 3rd and stopped by the post office to get my 3 weeks worth of mail.I informed the clerk about the package that would be arriving soon.To my surprise,the bag had already arrived on the 29th!!Comfort Suites had shipped my bag and without charge to me!This is proof to me about how much they care about their customers and achieving excellent customer service scores!Thank you so much,Comfort Suites.......Debbie Bradman(Fredericksburg,Va22406)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Stephanie B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Linn County Fairgrounds and Expo, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Hi Debbie,

We very much enjoyed hosting your Sunshine Tours group, as we do every year! Thank you so much for the great review and we are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our facility and service so much. We look forward to seeing you again next year!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We have just spent five nights in the Comfort Suites in Albany, OR. Everything has exceeded our expectations. The front staff very professional, Theresa at breakfast a true gem, rooms very clean, pool and exercise facility above average, and the new bed linens and pillows excellent. This is what I'd expect in a much more expensive hotel. Well done!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Stephanie B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Linn County Fairgrounds and Expo, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
We are so pleased to hear that we have exceeded your expectations! Thank you for not only choosing to stay with us, but for taking your valuable time to write this review for us. Your words serve as a great encouragement to our team to keep working at providing exceptional service consistently to all our guests. It's wonderful that all our added amenities were so helpful during your stay. Thanks again!
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I stay here regularly, and after many experiences, this property has earned a hard to get 5 star review from me.

I stay all over the place, and this property is only one of two that have earned my 5 star endorsement. The staff is awesome, and I've rarely had a problem, and when I have, it's addressed quickly and efficiently.

Thank you to the wonderful staff and management for many, many wonderful stays in Albany!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Stephanie B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Linn County Fairgrounds and Expo, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Wow! We are thrilled to receive your 5 star review! It sounds like a tough achievement, so we feel quite honored! We appreciate our guests so much and on the rare occasion a problem arises, we always try to take initiative to fix it immediately and to your satisfaction. Thank you so much for your loyalty and please don't hesitate to ask if there is anything else you need to make your visits even better!
N. California
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed two nights coming and going over the Memorial Day weekend. As in past years the place is clean, the rooms quiet and the free breakfast good. There were cookies and corn chips late in the afternoon.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel! It sounds like you have stayed with us on multiple occasions so I would also like to thank you for your loyalty. We work very hard to not only have great service and clean rooms, but to provide this consistently. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback that indicates we are succeeding! Thanks again and please let us know if there is anything we can do to help make your next stay even better.
Charleston, WV
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here during our trip out west. The hotel was fine. We had no complaints about the hotel. Check-in and check-out went smoothly and the room was clean. My wife and I really enjoyed the pool. They have an indoor pool, spa and sauna. The area is decorated with lots of wood. If traveling along Interstate 5 in this area, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
We sincerely appreciate your kind words. Maintenance works very hard to keep all aspects of our hotel clean and in great condition, so it's always nice to hear when someone notices the hard work like you did regarding our pool area. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we are thankful for the time you took to share your experience with others.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

The rooms are large, comfortable and clean; there is a pool, sauna, hot tub and workout center; the complimentary hot breakfast is unbelievable: oatmeal, cereal, baked goods, waffles, eggs, sausage, yogurt, fruit, biscuits and gravy, juices, coffee...

We always go out of our way to stay here. This hotel is such a great value!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Emdtyler
Stephanie B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Linn County Fairgrounds and Expo, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words and positive review! We are pleased that we were able to so thoroughly meet all your needs and expectations -- repeatedly by the sound of it! Your loyalty means so much to us and if there is ever anything we can do to improve your stay, please don't hesitate to ask! Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit!
Willits
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We love it here! We are frequent guests, as we have family in Salem and Seattle, so we go thru here often. Non Smoking, great staff, great breakfast but we came in rather late and were tired.
Our room had a REALLY strong perfume odor and I immediately knew it would be an issue. Spoke to the very nice night guy about changing rooms, who said it was a carpet refresher and probably another room was the same. I am very sensitive and allergic & coughed all night. My husband even had a hard time. We kept the window open as late as we could. (bottom floor) with heater on high! Had a very fitful night. Realized in AM that there was a plug in air freshener that we had not seen and I guess the night guy didn't know they used them. I spoke to front desk and they were very nice & apologized and said they do not use them in every room but ones that need some refreshing. She assured me that she would inform the night guy and we should have been put in another room. I almost took cushions off the couch and slept in the tub! I would come here again but was disappointed. .
I applaud your hotel for advertising "Fresh Air" & no smoking but fragrances are probably even more dangerous and offensive. I find the plug in especially overwhelming. Maybe you could assign 1/2 the hotel to a fragrant free area too. I would come here again but was disappointed. I had a choice of where to stay and was looking forward to the nights rest.

Room Tip: Just check the room first if you have any allergies or asthma.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sharon H
Thank you so much for posting your review on TripAdvisor! We really appreciate all feedback whether good or bad so that we can make changes as necessary. I am so sorry to hear that you did not receive a restful nights sleep during your stay due to our air freshener. We try really hard to maintain a fresh smelling room without it being overpowering but sometimes there is a room that needs a bigger boost than others. The front desk agent should have offered to switch your room, so I will make sure to address this with my staff. I apologize that this issue was not handled better and I am sincerely glad that you brought this to my attention so we can avoid this type of thing in the future. Thanks again and I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future so we can provide you with a superior experience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Albany
Best Western Plus Prairie Inn
Super 8 Albany
Super 8 Albany
#5 of 10 in Albany
Best Western Premier Boulder Falls Inn

Been to Comfort Suites Linn County Fairgrounds and Expo? Share your experiences!