“Irresponsible pet owners”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Albany
Paradise. Ca
“Irresponsible pet owners”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Stayed Saturday evening, March 15th. Met Gregg upon checking in and found him to be very polite, well informed, and very helpful. UNFORTUNATELY, the room next door was rented to irresponsible pet owners who left their mutts in their room unattended for over an hour. Gregg worked very hard trying to track them down via cell phone, but for almost an hour we were subjected to obnoxious barking dogs inside the hotel next to out room. Perhaps animal control should have been called after 20 minutes. And yes, I am a pet owner, I just do not travel with them.This is a very nice facility, perhaps you should pick one floor for pets only and leave the rest of the hotel for humans only.

Room Tip: Barking dogs made the stay more unpleasant that pleasant.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Greg J, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Albany, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you for another awesome review!

Being one of the few hotels in the Willamette Valley that does allow pets to be with their owners while staying, we do have to juggle the pros and cons of being a pet friendly hotel. We do expect all pet owners to adhere to our Pet Policies & Procedures, and unfortunately we did have one bad apple that fell from the tree.

We hope that this one incident doesn't make you frown upon our chain of hotels and wish to see you come back again to see what a well run hotel can do!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Hillsboro, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

This hotel is great! The service is great the rooms are good. This is a great hotel. This was a good stay. I definitely staying here again! I would recommend this hotle for anyone. It has a great pool too. Well to summer this up, this is great!

• Stayed March 2014
Another great review!

Thanks for taking the time out your busy day to come here on TripAdvisor to give us a review. We always enjoy a great review from our guests and appreciate you honesty and candor!

Hopefully we'll see you again soon!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

I travel quite a bit for work and have never been made feel so welcome and appreciated as I did when I checked in at this hotel. The manager had prepared a gift bag for me that included sweet and bubbly treats and had left it and a hand written card with the front deck to give upon my arrival.

The facility is spotlessly maintained and I was able to completely relax before another long day at work. I live in Ohio but will be in Oregon monthly. I will definitely be staying at this facility during my future visits!

The pool/sauna/workout room are also very clean. One hint: preheat the sauna for thirty minutes prior to use, as it operates on a timer and needs this time to heat up.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the great review!

We here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Albany, OR strive to ensure that everyone of our guests has a great experience here and we are so glad that you were able to come here and enjoy every facet of our hotel.

We hope to see you again in the future to have an experience that is...TOP NOTCH!!!
Clarkston, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a four day stay. The staff was courteous, efficient and always willing to help. Our room was clean and the beds very comfortable. I would highly recommend the Holiday Inn Express Albany.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Greg J, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Albany, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Excellent review!

The staff here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Albany thank you very much for taking time out of your busy day to show others what a great hotel we provide to our guests. I am extremely proud that you were able to enjoy every aspect of your stay with us.

We will continue to provide great service and a well maintained hotel for you and all of our guests!
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

I was on a business trip, feeling sleepy, and checked in late here. Was greeted by Trent, a very friendly and courteous desk clerk, who got me a clean and comfortable room at a reasonable rate. He didn't even mind that I used the business center (a real perk!!) at 3AM. Had a great night's sleep and a very tasty breakfast in the morning. The people here really do want you to enjoy your stay, and I certainly enjoyed mine. I'll be back when I'm in the area.

Room Tip: If the sound of running water bothers you, don't stay in rooms 102, 202, or 302. The water main...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Greg J, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Albany, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Another excellent review!

Thank you for letting everyone know about your wonderful, albeit brief stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Albany. We take great pride in knowing that even at three o'clock in the morning we can provide our guests with great customer service after a hard days work. I'm sure Mr. Trent thanks you as well for mentioning his name in this site and we will be sure to commend him.

We thank you again and hope to see you real soon!
Seal Rock, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I ended up at the hotel where my car had been parked for several days after being stranded in Portland by an ice and snow storm. After an extra long and delayed Amtrak ride I finally got to the hotel where I ran into the most gracious desk clerk. Snow and ice covered streets prevented me from going anywhere but he offered my menus on a local Chinese restaurant that delivered! The next morning (he was there again) he offered me a shovel to dig my car out and checked to see that I was ok doing so. Perhaps my age (81) had him concerned. I was so grateful for his help and also saw him dig out another car that belonged to another hotel guest. Excellent service and I consider myself lucky.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Greg J, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Albany, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thank you for this outstanding review!

Being the person that was out there with you in that snow covered parking lot, I am sincerely grateful for this review you have bestowed upon us. What a snowy and wet weekend we had! I am glad you were able to make it out safely. We always try to ensure that our guests have a great experience with us even if the weather conditions were less than ideal.

Hopefully the next time you see us it will be under better weather conditions (come on summer!) and as a staff we'll be able to WOW you again as well!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

I was happy to find that this Holiday Inn Express accepts pets, so we were able to stay here on a road trip with our cat. It's the typical great quality that I've come to expect from HIE, but at a good price since it's not a major city. It's right next to the Albany Municipal Airport, but we didn't hear any plane traffic due to the icy storms likely grounding flights.

Our king room was a good size and had a spacious bathroom. It's set up well for business travelers as well as families, except for not having an extra outlet for a phone by the bed on both sides. No problems with water or heat. The breakfast buffet was good and had the usual offerings, and the only bad part was the weird omelet. Our stay was so short that we only saw one front desk receptionist, but he was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Greg J, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Albany, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Thank you for that top notch review!

We're are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. As everyone knows, we welcome cats as well as our canine compatriots, so we are glad you were able to enjoy your time here with yours!

We hope to see you again soon as well as any furry critter that might be along for the ride!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Albany
BEST WESTERN PLUS Prairie Inn
Comfort Suites Linn County Fairgrounds and Expo
Phoenix Inn Suites Albany
Super 8 Albany
Super 8 Albany
#5 of 10 in Albany
Best Western Premier Boulder Falls Inn
Comfort Suites of Corvallis

Been to Holiday Inn Express Albany? Share your experiences!