Holiday Inn Express Albany
Quality Inn & Suites Albany(Albany)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$132
US$89
US$100
US$80
Motel 6 Albany(Albany)(Great Value!)
US$68
Motel 6
US$75
Orbitz.com
US$136
All reviewsfront deskwarm cookiesconvention centerparking lotcolumbia roomindoor poolnext morningcascade grillafter a long daybreakfast barconvenient locationlinn countybreakfast rooma wonderful staydog showclean roomsroom was large
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed in a King Suite room which was quiet, large, and not only well-furnished but also well-lit. I get so tired of dimly-lit hotel rooms with all fluorescent light bulbs! There was a mini-kitchenette with a table and two chairs, a small refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot, and as a nice plus, a countertop and small cupboard equipped with the little things that make hotel stays more convenient -- paper plates, paper cups, plastic silverware, dish soap, etc. There were also a sofa, coffee table, and desk with lamp and convenient electrical outlet, so there was plenty of space to work in. The bed was very comfortable.

I was traveling with 2 dogs, and the hotel was an easy place to be with a pet. Since I don't leave my dogs alone in hotel rooms, ever, I found it convenient that across the parking lot was a restaurant, the Cascade Grill, where I could order carry-out dinners and they would meet me outside for the hand-off. There are other restaurants in Albany where carry-out is convenient, e.g., Carino's, but I was tired after long days at the sheep dog trial and appreciated the convenience of the Cascade Grill.

The hotel's free breakfast was very popular with a good selection of hot and cold breakfast foods. The dining area was so crowded that I ended up taking a tray back to my room, which was just fine, because I could watch the Tour de France on the excellent big-screen TV!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Leigha T, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Albany, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

I agree, I just love our suites! They are exactly what you need when you are needing extra room. And that 42" high def flat screen TV with all the channels and even free HBO is really nice to offer our guests. Of course we love our 4 legged friends and our housekeeping department is so good, that most of our guests that don't bring dogs, have no idea we are pet friendly. Breakfast has been updated with so many new and awesome options. As a gluten free eater myself, I really appreciate the new gluten free bagels and hot oatmeal bar. So much to choose from! We love your review, and want to thank you for taking the time!! Come back soon, we will save the suite for you!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We recently stayed at this Holiday Inn Express for the Flat Coated Retriever 2014 Specialty. The staff at the front desk was wonderful. Very nice and helpful. The convention center is just out the side door, great location. Our Flat Coats were welcomed and treated royally with water bowls and treats always at the desk. We loved the afternoon and evening cookies!! YUM! Room was clean and quiet. We had a great time. Thank you!!

Room Tip: we stayed on the third floor facing east. nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Greg J, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Albany, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for this outstanding review!

We loved having our Flat Coated Retriever group here with us and can't thank you guys enough for being such a wonderful group. We had the chance to see many different types of retrievers while you were here!

We really do appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again next year.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

This is an excellent hotel. We had a two queen room with sofa bed. The room also had a refrigerator/microwave. Everything was clean and in good repair. Front desk was outstanding and had warm cookies and lemonade which my group took advantage of every time they entered or left the hotel. The hotel has an indoor pool, hot tub, sauna, and fitness room. The breakfast was easily the best hotel breakfast we had on this trip and included eggs, sausage, turkey sausage, pancakes, along with the normal hotel breakfast foods. We also got a great price. Can't think of a thing negative to say about this one. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Than you so much for the glowing review!

I am so glad that you were able to enjoy our hotel during your visit here with your group. I can tell you really enjoyed your visit with us and I do hope that you and your friends make another trip here to Albany to see what we're all about!

Thank you again and we'll see you soon!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I was traveling to Corvallis with 5 kids to a tournament and had to stay here because it was the only hotel available that was close enough. The kids were greeted with cookies and milk and a welcome bag and changed quickly to go swimming. Sometimes hotel staff are turned off by roudy kids but mine were welcomed with smiles and cookies!
We were meeting a larger group for dinner in downtown Albany and at the end of the night, I will just say we had a memorable encounter with the restaurant and local cops (not anything due to kids!). The hotel manager, Greg, stayed up with us until 1am (he was off at 12) to help fax statements and calm our nerves! He even found us a beverage to help!
Overall, the staff was incredible and the hotel itself was great!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Greg J, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Albany, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

An awesome review - LIKE NO OTHER!

There's reviews that can catch your eyes, but then there are reviews such as this one that just knocks some socks off! Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day you let everyone out there in the blogosphere and the web know how good of job we are doing. It means a lot to us individually and as a staff to know that we made such a great impression on your and your family.

We'd love to see you again in the near future and deliver another exceptional stay for you and yours!

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Very close and has a nice pool and spa plus free breakfast. Nothing wrong here. Best option in Albany area. Elevator was slow and that is my ONLY complaint. I need to write a little more to reach 200 characters but have nothing to say. It fit my needs for a decent night's sleep while on business.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Greg J, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Albany, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you for this great review!

Whether its just a quick stop here in Albany or staying for a while, we are always trying our best to provide a great guest experience. We're pleased you enjoyed our hotel and hope to be able to deliver another great stay for you in the future!