“Don't Judge A Book By Its Cover”

Phoenix Inn Suites Albany
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Albany
Washington State
“Don't Judge A Book By Its Cover”
Reviewed 26 March 2013

I was a bit apprehensive by the outside appearance as the hotel's exterior is a bit outdated. However, my concerns were laid to rest by the interior and quality of customer service. This hotel is clean, quiet, and worth another visit. One of the cleanest rooms I've stayed in and very comfortable. Breakfast is open until 10 a.m., which is rare anymore, and was fresh. Coffee available 24 hrs, which is also becoming rare. Lots of parking. And, yes, the room's air conditioner is very quiet. Will stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank NemsMom
DPappasAlb, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites Albany, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Thank you for choosing the Phoenix Inn and taking the time leave feedback. I’m glad that you found us to be clean, comfortable, and quite. As you mentioned, we try to make our amenities as convenient as possible for our guests to enjoy. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Don't let the 80's decor fool you. The beds and pillows are VERY comfortable. The room was public areas very also very clean. The hotel was full, but it was still extremely quiet. What I appreciated most about the room was that the air/heat unit and the refrigerator was also quiet. I enjoyed peaceful sleep even close to the freeway.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank AGSTX
DPappasAlb, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites Albany, responded to this review, 28 February 2013
I’m glad that you found us to be clean and quite. Our goal is that every guest has a restful stay in a relaxing room. Thank you for choosing the Phoenix Inn and taking the time leave feedback. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.
Reviewed 4 January 2013 via mobile

Very comfortable and clean. Although it is near an interstate it is very quiet. The down comforter made the king size bed very cozy! The breakfast area is clean and although standard fare it was good. I would choose to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Papajor1
DPappasAlb, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites Albany, responded to this review, 31 January 2013
Thank you for choosing the Phoenix Inn and taking the time leave feedback. As you said, we have a quiet hotel even though we are conveniently located close to the freeway. For the more sensitive sleepers, we recommend asking for a non-freeway side room. If there is ever anything that we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, please let us know. Please stop in the next time you are in town.
Lebanon Oregon
Reviewed 31 December 2012

My wife and I have stayed here a few times and you always know what to expect from this Hotel. Comfortable beds in good sized, well appointed rooms, quiet surroundings and excellent value.

We'll be back.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Phoenix Inn. We appreciate getting feedback from our guests. If there is ever anything that we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, please let us know. Our goal is to have every guest leave here with a five star experience. We look forward to taking care of you the next time you are in the area.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Check in was easy and accomodating. I prefer to stay in "non pet friendly" rooms. (It seems that the Hotels these days do not have rooms designated as "Pet Friendly". That is one point agains this Hotel. We used to have designated "non smoking" rooms but now all rooms in Oregon are "non smoking". ) So after I digress, I'm moving on. They put me on the 3rd floor stating that the chances are greater of having a room that did not have a Pet in them. The room was a King Size Bed room. It was clean, roomy, comfortable with a nice and spacious living area with a really large desk, love seat and lots of lights. I also took a point off for the breakfast. It had everything you would want and expect but I'm not sure why the Coffee always has to be weak, and why non banana"s? Everyone has to have a banana in the morning right? Really I would go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: 3rd flloor seemed quiet to me.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jennifer G
DPappasAlb, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites Albany, responded to this review, 20 November 2012
Thanks for staying with us. We are a pet friendly hotel and we try to keep all pets on the first and second floors. Unfortunately, sometimes guests sneak pets into their rooms. Therefore we cannot guarantee that your room has never had a pet in it since the hotel opened. When it comes to our breakfast, we try to have as much variety as possible, so all of our guests can find something to enjoy. If there were no bananas out, there were apples and/or oranges as well as canned fruit. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Albany!
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I stayed one night at the Phoenix Inn, Albany Or. The rooms were very clean and spacious. Only dated item was the old style tv and not new flat screen. The wifi worked great the evening we stayed but was down the following morning. The hotel staff was doing every thing in their power to get it fixed but outside repair was slow to respond. There free breakfast was good with plenty of fruits, pasterys, scramble eggs and waffles. They also offer upscale coffee.
When I am in Albany Or again this is where I will Stay!!

Room Tip: backs up to the freeway I think parking lot rooms would be more quiet
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
DPappasAlb, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites Albany, responded to this review, 7 November 2012
Thank you for staying at the Phoenix Inn. I apologize for the problems you had with our Wi-Fi. We were able to get our offsite tech support to correct the issue on the 6th. If you ever need it, we do have a hard wired computer in our business center for your convenience. We look forward to see you again on your next visit to Albany.
Farmington, Utah
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Stayed 3 nights in a king suite, based on TripAdvisor reviews. A bit dated room (15 year old decor), but clean, and spacious (big). And a very good value! I have never stayed in Albany before, so not sure if there are better choices, or how this one stacks up. But I am very satisfied for the price. I would suggest trying to get a room that doesn't face the freeway as some road noise gets into your room, but even then, it wasn't that bad. Bed was very comfortable with down comforter and pillows. Old tube style 25" TV - so no HD. Breakfast was good - pretty typical smorgasbord style like most hotels these days. I would recommend this hotel if you are satisfied with a bit dated Fairfield Inn type room.

Room Tip: Better pick would be a room not facing the freeway.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
DPappasAlb, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites Albany, responded to this review, 29 October 2012
I’m glad to hear you had a great stay with us. We really appreciate guest feedback. As you mentioned, we are conveniently located right off of I-5. If you are a sensitive sleeper, be sure to ask for a non-freeway side room. Thank you for choosing the Phoenix Inn and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Albany!