“Defintely not service with a smile”
Review of Motel 6 Albany

and 1 more site!
Motel 6 Albany
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We have stayed at this motel when visiting family in Albany since 1997. Have not had a problem before our visit in April when the clerk who checked us in could not have been more rude. I have stayed at lots of places all over the world and hever had someone working in a motel or hotel be worse.

Just talked to my sister who is visiting Albany now and must have been checked in by the same clerk because she made the same comment.

It's a Motel 6 so we aren't expecting the Ritz,. we do expect the staff to be at least pleasant. There are lots of other motels in Albany and next time, we visit, we will be staying in one of them, but not here, that's for sure.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Leslie H
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Albany

Reviewed 6 June 2013

While the Hotel is nice and clean. The staff is friendly and my room had a great bed, micro fridge and microwave when I arrived at 9:20 no one has the sense to turn on the AC in my room. According to my phone app it was 106 degrees when I entered and took 4 hrs to lower the temperature below 80. That's just not acceptable to me. After several hours of sweaty sleep I just left.

Wont be staying here again with out some assurance of changes.

Room Tip: Don't stay here on a hot day or you will regret it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 314Fred314
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This is a well-kept up motel 6, where the hotel owners do live on the premises. The owner is very friendly; the rooms are very, very clean and kept up. A lot of space and it's quite. Coffee is the usual, but there are several good breakfast places near by.

Room Tip: get a room facing the lake
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2013

The hotel itself was great.. The rooms were very clean and spacious. If you have a pet, they won't let you use hotel grounds so you have to walk them to the park behind the hotel but its not a big deal. My only issue with this hotel was the front desk. The owner is great, very nice and helpful. But there are two other women that work the desk and that's where our problem was. One woman was extremely nice and friendly. The other woman was rude and very frustrating. It was her attitude alone that made us leave the hotel. If it weren't for her, this hotel would be much, much better.

• Stayed: April 2013
Harshad P, Manager at Motel 6 Albany, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our Motel 6. We appreciate your kind words about our property. We would like to apologize for any inconveniences that occurred during your stay. We can assure you that we have spoken with the employee about her attitude. We would love to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed 7 April 2013

I really hate to have to slam on this Motel 6, because it was one of the cleanest ones I have ever been to, but there were a variety of problems I had on my stay.

1. The owners of this Motel 6 live here and the way it is set is in such a way that they can watch everyone come in and out of their buildings. I prefer privacy and it was un-nerving to have someone at the window "watching me" every time I moved my car or leave my room.

2. They are extremely strict on who can be in your room. If you are visiting friends, they are not allowed in your room unless they pay $10.00 even if they aren't staying. Parking is also very strict and you are only allowed to park one way: front only. I don't know why, but I was told this at the desk and signs are everywhere. I was even asked for my license plate number as if I were supposed to have known it by heart.

3. My key card continued to deactivate. I was not given a new card and the lady at the desk acted as if it were my fault for having "my phone too close to it". I had to go to the office twice during my stay to re-activate it. I've never had any issues with keys deactivating on their own at other motels I've stayed at.

4. Freeway, parking lot and neighbor noise (typical) and the deadbolt did not lock properly.

The only good things about this place is the price, large and clean rooms, expanded cable and the mini fridge and microwave in each room. Other than that, stay away because the customer service is terrible and the silly rules in place are ridiculous.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank caitcid

Thank you for taking the time to review our Motel 6. We appreciate the comments about the cleanliness of our motel. We can assure you that the living premise of our motel is not intended to be a spying situation, we do apologize for making you feel that way. We also apologize for our "no visitors" rule, it is just our way of keeping the motel quiet for our guests. We promise to work on the rest of the issues! Thank you again for your review, it is greatly appreciated!

Reviewed 7 April 2013

Yup.....travelling North checking out mostly Motel 6's due to Furkidz.
Very pleasantly surprised when we pulled in last night.
Clean, clean with usual fridge and microwave. WIFI free and it worked!
The bonus was the great park right next door fir the dogs. Real grass, play ball and watch the ducks!
Paid $61 for one night, 2 beds. I think it was worth the money.
Wonderful Elmers Restaurant close by for great breakfast followed by a quick Costco visit.
Will be sure to recommend.

Room Tip: We stayed on second floor. Less car noise in the morning
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your positive review. We work hard to keep you happy! We are looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 18 February 2013

This place has much larger rooms than most Motel 6 motels I've been to. The king rooms have room for a large desk plus small table with 2 chairs, plus a small refrigerator & microwave. The rooms are very clean and the setting is quite nice. Our room had a view of a neighborhood park with a pond and walking path. Check in and check out was easy and friendly. There is no in-room coffee service, but coffee is available at the office by about 6:30 AM. There is also no shampoo, so plan accordingly. Oh - pet friendly as well.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your great review. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience. For your future stay, feel free to ask us for shampoo in the office. We keep it there with other amenities such as an iron and ironing board, extra towels, and more!

Motel 6 - Albany

Also consider these accommodations in or near Albany
Econo Lodge Inn and Suites
#5 of 10 in Albany
Comfort Suites of Corvallis
Best Western Plus Prairie Inn
Phoenix Inn Suites Albany

Been to Motel 6 Albany? Share your experiences!