When booking our last minute travels my sister stumbled across the Inn at Arch Cape. After reading some of the positive and a few not so positive reviews and frankly, not knowing what to expect we decided to give it a whirl and we’re happy we did. For the most part we didn’t encounter any of the issues that many other people commented on. We stayed at the peak of the summer months where the weather was 70 degrees on average with no precipitation. We stayed in room one and my sister and her family stayed in room four. We met the owner who was assisting housekeeping, we never needed and refused service but they did bring us fresh towels and coffee religiously! First and foremost this is an updated property maintaining its rustic charm. Some stuff is a little dated but you’re at the coast so it’s coastal living! The rooms were super clean, far cleaner than I would expect with the beach so close and they’ve done a great job at trying to maintain that cleanliness, especially the carpet. This isn’t the W nor are you paying W rates! Hats off to the shower, amazing is the only word to sum it up. Rain shower head, river rock floor, slate walls enough said!
I will echo a few other things that I have heard.
- Cell service for AT&T and Verizon is hit and miss. We were able to make and receive calls but they would drop on occasion, Verizon was better than AT&T. It’s a coastal vacation, stay off your phone and enjoy!
- Road noise- this is accurate, it’s on 101 but given its prime location it can be overlooked. We slept with windows open and no issue. I was also worried about the other unit that we shared a wall with and nothing! We knew they were there because there car was there, they had a newborn and we couldn’t hear a thing!
- Nearby amenities: 5-6 minutes south, or 8-9 minutes north and you have everything you could need! The book in the room has all those details. We had no issues getting what we needed, even take out for our first night.
- Check-in- for someone who travels often check-in couldn’t have been easier. Walk in to a little room, dial a number, they give you a code to your key and your set. Arrived and in my room within :60 seconds. Simple process and it works!
To summarize- we absolutely loved our stay and would go back again! Where else can you get this close to the beach, full and usable kitchen (we fully maximized it), BBQ, beach access 10 seconds (literally) to an amazing beach, multiple areas for bonfires (beach or onsite fire pit), fireplace in-unit with firewood included, plenty of storage, and more than enough space for entertaining! Very livable and comfortable! For anyone traveling as a group this is an awesome location, the way everything is configured you can close yourself off to those not in your party or open it up to those who are. All in all I get the sense after reading the reviews that the owner takes the reviews to heart and does her best to listen and address issues. Many of the things that people commented on early have clearly been addressed so I have to assume it was a learning curve.
Really great experience, I am sure you will have the same!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn at Arch Cape is a cozy boutique inn featuring fully-appointed kitchens and wood-burning fireplaces. Located 351 feet from the beach, the six-room inn is located in Arch Cape, just five minutes south of Cannon Beach and five minutes north of Manzanita. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your The Inn at Arch Cape reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Arch Cape Hotel Arch Cape