“Great, affordable rate for all it offers”
Review of Flagship Inn

Flagship Inn
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
Reviewed 31 March 2014

WOW! Another great motel in Ashland. I couldn't believe all the amenities that were offered at such a reasonable price. The rooms were very up to date, clean and "homely". The staff were welcoming and friendly. Great mountain views. Loved the picnic area for a family BBQ. Would stay here again. Best part was the location, directly across from the university and about a mile from the heart of downtown. The price differences from here to the downtown area were very shocking, some prices doubled and didn't even offer the same amenities.

Room Tip: Back side of building upstairs has great views :)
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Flagship Inn

Reviewed 26 March 2014

If I hadn't prepaid for my room, I would never have stayed the night. Dolores P. is right, there is something wrong with the reviews on Tripadvisor.
The walkway to my room was a torn and filthy outdoor carpet. The sheets were too small for the bed and came undone. The carpet had stains, the paint was scratched off, the sink was too low and the place just smelled. The heater cover was off and the inside didn't look clean.
I stay at the Travellers Inn in Williams and it is also moderately priced. The inside is nicely furnished and it is spotlessly clean. So Flagship Inn has no excuse that the price is low.
I have travelled I 5 over 50 times and I have decided not to stay in Medford or Ashland in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I am a frequent solo traveler and utilize reviews for hotel choices and have prided myself on being able to sort out the "complainers" - up til now! Flagship had a decent overall rating but there was a few red flags. As I was to find out they were well deserved. Whether I was assigned the "horrible" room because I was a single or this is the overall state of the hotel is anyone's guess. Unfortunately for me, upon checking in I just dropped my bag in the room [without checking it out] and did not return until almost 11pm. The conditions were such that it is my opinion as a frequent traveler that this room was unfit for leasing. One of the pillow cases was stained with blood; the sink had a constant leak that could not be stopped and was noisy - when I tried to mute the noise with a face cloth I found that the drainage in the sink was impaired [goodness knows from what as I was not going to pull the drain for fear of being grossed out]; the lamp shade was destroyed; the paint over the headboard was all chipped; the furniture was old and all chipped; the paint for about 3 inches jutting out behind the toilet tank was not even the same color as the room [white vs brown]; one of the two safety strips in the tub was missing making taking a shower a bit dicey; the toilet rocked when you sat on it which not only made it uncomfortable but clearly indicated that the wax seal was not properly installed and there was most likely an unsanitary / health / plumbing condition. These issues were all brought to the attention of the desk clerk the next morning [in writing] with a request for a adjustment and/or refund. The young woman was courteous but without any power or authority to do anything and was the 'manager'. She indicated that the "owner", who was away at the time, was the only one who could make any such decision and that she could only offer an apology. That hardly made up for a night of no sleep due to the noise of the leak, being grossed out by the condition of the bedding, upset by the possibility of the sewage leak, having to hold on for dear life during my shower etc. This does not even take in to consideration the less than satisfactory linens which were thin scratchy towels and a meager breakfast presented in comparison to what was advertised. The attendant indicated that I would hear back from management "very soon" - that was on Dec 16th. It is now Jan 2nd and I have heard nothing. Clearly the owner of Flagship Inn is counting on the goodwill of those that have had a decent experience in the redecorated rooms to outweigh the bad experiences of the guests in the outdated rooms that they choose to ignore! Shame on you Flagship Inn!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Dolores P
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This was a really cheap buy. $70 a night for the two of us. Well, it was pretty funky. Mainly my problem was with the smell in the room. It looked clean on the surface but just smelled old and funky. The bathroom looked clean. The sheets were clean and the bed comfortable. I think it was the carpet. It was a maroon color, hard to tell if it was dirty but there were marks on it. And the bedspread had stains which I pointed out to the desk person and we got a clean bedspread. The only staff we met was the receptionist in the office and she was a very nice young woman, professional and helpful. We didn't eat any food but did get coffee and tea both mornings. To be frank I would have changed to a different hotel but this was nonrefundable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CaliforniaNana
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I have now become a regular customer of this motel because my son is attending Southern Oregon University right across the street. All of the staff are very accommodating and treat you like family. The rooms are very clean and their larger ones are very spacious. Comes with a nice continental breakfast each day and is in a beautiful setting and neighborhood area. The pillow top mattresses are very, very comfortable and they give you plenty of good quality, soft pillows.

Room Tip: Ask for the larger of the two rooms. It may be called the deluxe.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Another stop on our West Coast road trip. Was unsure at first... but more than proved us wrong. We checked and were helped by a nice young lady who was in training. The owner was assisting and was very helpful, patient. We stayed at the end of the main level. Room was very clean linens were fresh. They clearly are constantly making upgrades in the rooms. Only thing left was an update to the furniture and carpet (both were clean and well kept though). We didn't part take in the breakfast, ate at a restaurant I was really wanting to try instead.

Room Tip: I always prefer a room on a second floor or higher due to light from vehicles or the possibility of...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2013

This is an old motel that, despite attempts to improve the décor, really shows its age. It didn’t help that we were greeted by a young man who could not have cared less about customer service. He basically tossed us a room key (which did not work) without a thank you. When we asked if a room on the top floor was available, he just said ‘no,’ without checking. We’d made reservations several weeks in advance and checked in mid-afternoon. The parking lot had only a few cars, so his response seemed a bit suspicious, but obviously we weren’t going to get anywhere with him.

The first thing we noticed about our room (#204) was a moldy, sour smell, which forced us to prop the door open as much as possible during our stay. Although the room appeared to be fairly clean, the furniture looked as though it had been around since the sixties. Everything, including the recently re-painted walls, was scratched, dented and chipped.

The bathroom was tiny with a small sink surrounded by a pealing Formica countertop. Next to the sink was a rather dirty looking, non-working hair dryer (replaced at our request with one only slightly better).

Thank goodness the beds were comfortable and included several decent pillows. The first two nights we slept well, noticing little noise. But our third and final night we heard what sounded like elephants dancing on the floor above us until well after midnight.

I should note that other staff we encountered seemed friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple