“Good Impression”

Add it.
Southern Oregon University
Ranked #2 of 6 Museums in Ashland
More attraction details
Owner description: This pretty campus has much to offer visitors: theater performances produced by its famed drama department; concerts of classical, opera, and popular music and the Schneider Museum of Art.
LO, Oregon
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Good Impression”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My son and I took a guided tour of Southern Oregon University over Spring Break and came away with a good impression overall. Our guide, Jon, was a current student and RA and he was knowledgeable about the campus, most classes, extra curricular activities and student life in general. My son was not impressed with the dorm room we viewed but I told him that all dorm rooms are small and not exactly pristine given the fact that college kids live there and they are not the best at keeping house. Plus he's a bit spoiled with his own room at home.

The main campus is compact and it did not take us long to go from one end to the other. We did not go across the street to the athletic side of the campus though. There is a museum and a really nice library on campus. The whole campus has wi-fi and everyone we met was very friendly. The campus is close to downtown Ashland and there is also a Market of Choice across the street.

We did not stay to talk to an Admissions Counselor but if this University becomes a finalist in my son's college choices, we will probably be back again to talk more in depth with someone.

Visited March 2012

• Korean first
Rohnert Park, California
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 210 helpful votes
“Very good school to tour and everybody was friendly”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I have taken many students on tours of colleges for my job and this was one of the best visits! The tour itself was good with friendly and knowledgeable student guides, but the best part was the attitudes from everybody on campus. When we were walking around looking at things that were not included on the tour, staff noticed us and took time out of their day to show us around. All of the students that we interacted with were very friendly and welcoming and it made the day a great experience. As others have mentioned, it is now Southern Oregon University!

Visited March 2012
2 Thank kingswin
Seattle
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“It is for years called Southern Oregon University”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

A small town University full of great and friendly people. If you want a safe place to go to college in one of the most beautiful places on earth this is the place.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank William F
Seattle
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Trip advisor is REALLY out of date on this "attraction", which is nonetheless excellent. !”
Reviewed 2 February 2012

"Southern Oregon College" has been Southern Oregon University four years! Itvis a gem of a university, great professors, small classes and a wonderful location. from parents of a June 2011 SOU graduate.

Medford, Oregon
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Checked out the grounds & rooms.”
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I'd go there if I were still looking for a college. My grandson attended it.

1 Thank joylmoran