“Best B&B in Ashland - I return every year!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Morical House Garden Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ashland
Morical House Garden Inn
Ranked #21 of 31 Ashland B&B and Inns
Olympia WA
“Best B&B in Ashland - I return every year!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

I've stayed at The Morical House for several years now and would never consider staying anywhere else. I always stay in the Coach House and have been in all three rooms in that building.

The location is a little away from downtown, but I like that. The 1 mile walk to and from downtown feels great to me after a day of sitting in the theater (or it's a very easy drive and parking in downtown is easy). The decor in the main building is modern, and in the coach house is more timber frame with high ceilings and skylights, but everything is classy. This is not the type of B&B where you're worried that you're going to overdose on chintz.

The breakfasts are, without doubt, the most delicious gourmet breakfasts that I've ever encountered. By that, I do not mean that's it's a carb and cholesterol overload. That's not my idea of a great breakfast. No, as an example, a breakfast might be some melon to start, then crepes, and then a small scoop of homemade blueberry sorbet to finish. Furthermore, the house is willing to customize breakfasts to an extent I've never encountered anywhere else. I'm diabetic and they were happy to make things separate for me using either Splenda or another sweetner and/or to provide me with sugar-free syrup. I have stayed there with a friend who is on a high protein/low carb workout diet and they came up with entirely separate, but wonderful menus for him every morning. That level of service should give you an idea how terrific the host and the level of service are.

There's also a nice garden and deck, and I've spent more than one relaxing afternoon in their hammock.

I've stayed there several times and never had a problem with bugs or with anything else so I have no idea where the couple of negative reviews on this site are coming from. Quite the opposite, I would never stay anywhere else in Ashland.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank canadianphil

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Evanston, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2011

Had a lovely time here. As you might get from reading other reviews, it's not the typical B&B - no frilly curtains w. wicker baskets, but rather a modern style w. some asian touches. GOOD: Surprisingly comfortable, and the food was fantastic. Modern amenities, including free wi-fi. There's a garden out back (we had a morning deer and quail sightings!) w. a fantastic deck for lounging with a cocktail and book. The owner gives you space, which I prefer, and I will certainly book another stay the next time I hit the shakespeare festival. the BAD: location leaves a bit to be desired - we walked a couple times to see the plays, but it was a bit far.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank mwilliamst
Santa Cruz California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2010

My husband and I stayed 4 nights at the Morical House Garden Inn with a group of new friends that attend the Shakespeare Festival on an annual basis. We took over the entire inn making it a very intimate and great experience. Alicia was extremely accommodating to our group. The breakfasts were the best I have ever experienced ... very unique and tasty. You do not need to have lunch! The inn is very relaxing, decorated in a Zen decor and sitting areas inside the inn as well as an amazing garden. It is a short walk to downtown. We went to 7 plays and returned to the inn to discuss them before retiring each night. The weather was perfect and we were happy we brought our bicycles to ride along the river.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank ChattyKathy49
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2010

My husband and I loved our time at Morical House. The grounds are gorgeous, our room was spacious and the breakfasts were beyond amazing! It's a great place to call home when visiting Ashland.

4 Thank TravelFun1229
san diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2010

great house fantastic ZEN decor,peaceful...loved the property...and great breakfast

5 Thank drlori3
BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2009

The breakfasts are amazing-- we loved the surprise of them each day! And resident deer on the property are charming. The grounds are inviting-- we spent an hour or two each day reading and relaxing in the sun. It's about a five minute drive into the downtown/ theatre area, so not quite as convenient as some other B&Bs but we thought it well worth it. Yes, it has a big city sort of appeal, in some ways (you should be a bit of a food snob to stay here) but it had all the rural peace and quiet you could want and lots of privacy. The hostess is friendly and smart and funny. They supply you with all kinds of info on walks and restaurants. We had a great stay and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Poemer
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2009

My husband and I stopped for 1 night in Ashland during a roadtrip through Oregon and Northern California...we loved the Morical Inn (by far our favorite B&B / Inn that we stayed at); our only regret was not staying longer.

The Morical is on a fairly busy / commercial stretch of Main St, but is very quiet / secluded once you enter. The furnishings of the house are clean and modern (welcome respite from the lace and wallpaper you often see in B&Bs) and our room, while cozy, was very well laid out. Great sheets, spotless bathroom, good soaps / shampoos, etc. The grounds are beautiful to wander around in and there is a lovely deck in the back to lounge on.

Breakfast is clearly a highlight - all the food was organic and there were three courses. (Our consisted of berries / yogurt; then pancakes with sausage, then chocolate and sorbet). It was a little odd having 'dessert' at breakfast, but delicious nonetheless.

Overall, would really recommend it to someone looking for an intimate inn that's modern in spirit.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple