Rodeway Inn Ashland
Bard's Inn(Ashland)(Great Value!)
US$116
Ashland Springs Hotel(Ashland)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$128
Hotels.com
Ashland Hills Hotel & Suites(Ashland)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$116
Best Western Windsor Inn(Ashland)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$105
Holiday Inn Express Ashland(Ashland)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$122
Travelocity
Green Springs Inn(Ashland)(Great Value!)
US$101
Stratford Inn(Ashland)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$133
Travelocity
Plaza Inn & Suites at Ashland Creek(Ashland)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$100
The Palm(Ashland)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$80
All reviewsparking lotcontinental breakfastsingle storyfront desk ladydownstairs roomair conditionercoffee potshort drivecomfortable staynext morningbed was comfortableshakespeare festivalfridgedowntownconssoapunit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We chose this hotel as our first stop on a 10 day road trip to CA from WA. We were looking for a decent clean place to stay, and we got it. It definitely is an aging motel, but we felt good about the choice, and the lady who worked check-in was super nice!! We stayed downstairs, so that we could park our car right outside the door. After a 7 hour drive, and 88 degrees, the pool was a much enjoyed respite...not too private as it is in the middle of the parking lot and next to a bar/restaurant, but we still felt safe. The motel is right next to the freeway and it is really quiet...we were surprised at that because our room was just across from the Wild Goose bar, which had late hours. The two items that I did not care for, was the continental breakfast area and the initial odor when entering the room. The complimentary breakfast consisted of cold cereal and individually wrapped pastries....we were very thankful for a refrigerator in the room to keep our cold food cold! And truly, the odor was not that bad...as I said before, the motel is old, and the room smelled like it used to maybe be a smoking room. p.s. stayed with my hubby and 12 year old child...would stay here again for the price!

Room Tip: Lower rooms have parking right next to the window/door
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your valuable opinion regarding our parking and area. Through guest feedback like yours we are better able to enhance guest experience; so thank you.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

The Hotel is poorly managed in that the coffee maker in the room did not work, the GFI outlet in the bathroom was dangerously cracked and broken, and the shower control knob was falling apart to the point where you couldn't control the temp.. The property could be ok if properly maintained. The Indian desk person, when advised of the rooms issues said nothing not even a "sorry for your inconvenience". The supposedly pet friendly hotel has grass areas in front of the hotel with signs everywhere stating " no pets".

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ken B

We appreciate that you have taken the time to share your recent experience and find this very distressing. Our primary goal is always to provide our guests with an enjoyable experience. For that reason, we certainly take this very seriously and have forwarded it to management. We appreciate that you've taken the time to leave advice for our future guests.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

I have stayed at this hotel before and really enjoyed my stay. It is a great value, and yes it is not near downtown but it is still a short drive. And it is convenient to have the gas station close by to get coffee and snacks, and the Wild Goose next door is a great place to get something to eat.
My only complaint is the over aggressive housekeeper. We had the do not disturb sign on the door the whole time (except for one day when we wanted the room cleaned during our one week stay) but would on occasion ask for toilet paper. I was expecting her to hand it to us at the door, but she practically barged into the room and went straight into the bathroom with toilet paper and towels. Then as we were leaving she ran up to the car and asked for a $10 tip at the end of the stay. We only had the room fully cleaned once (we cleaned the room on our own and took out our own trash), and were given new towels about every other day. I am all for tipping, but not when it is demanded of me. I was shocked that she did that, I almost thought it was a joke at first. I have a degree in Travel, Tourism, and Hospitality with a special certification in hotel operations. I know this is not standard practice.
I will however continue to stay here despite this issue. It is a great value and for my needs a perfect location.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank VitaAmare
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I was on my 'girl's getaway weekend' with my best friend and we wanted an inexpensive place to stay. This place fit the bill. While the hotel is older, we found our room to be clean, the beds comfortable, adequate parking, friendly receptionist and convienently located. It was quiet at night, so getting to sleep was no problem. One big bonus was the size of the fridge in our room. We had stopped and shopped at Harry & David's prior to coming to the hotel and we were concerned that our perishable goods wouldn't fit. No problem.

The breakfast wasn't huge, but there was two types of juice, a few different cereal options, and some packaged pastries.

I found a great trail for running/walking near to the hotel. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the ground level and never heard anyone above us.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kit R
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We were attending the Shakespeare Festival in Ashland and this seemed like an affordable place to stay, especially since we had our dog with us.

Let me say that I felt terrible for the poor receptionist! She had large purple circles under her eyes and looked like she hadn't slept in a month. It seems like this hotel is family owned and that they were working the poor girl beyond her capabilities. She checked us in without a word of greeting or anything. The only time she talked to us was when I asked her what the total price was for the room before handing her my card and when she told us our room number.

The double room we got was alright but it was older. I was not happy that our room did not have a bathtub. It only had a shower stall with a curtain that was too small. We used most of our towels just trying to dry off the floor after our shower.

There was a large field next to the hotel which was nice for walking the dog but it was covered with trash and I had to really watch my pet to make sure she didn't step on any glass.

There was a restaurant-bar in the middle of the parking area. Several patrons of the bar were hanging out back of the restaurant smoking and they made me a little nervous walking my dog myself in a strange area with them present. If it had been dark I would have asked my husband to do it instead.

I would probably not stay at this hotel again and think that there are other nearby options in a similar price range that have bathtubs.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank stargirl2254
tombeech, Manager at Rodeway Inn Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

If they would have requested a room with a bath tub we would definitely assist them with their request, if we would have any availability at that time of request.