“Great trip great guides”

Noah's River Adventures
Ranked #2 of 16 Tours in Ashland
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 1974. Noah's River Adventures is Ashland, Oregon's premier rafting and year-round salmon and steelhead outfitter. Everything is provided and satisfaction is guaranteed. A trip for everyone, mild to wild. Specialists in family and group trips.
Reviewed 18 August 2012

My five year okd and nine year old did their first trip on the Rogue. Had a great time and we will be back. Andy was awesome!

Reviewed 18 August 2012

We went on the introductory rafting trip on the Rogue and had a great time. We had little to no rafting experience, but the guides were knowledgeable and made us feel comfortable on the water. The scenery was beautiful, and the water chilly on a hot day. I would definitely recommend this service to someone looking for something different or outdoorsy to do in Ashland.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

This whitewater rafting had the most consistency out of any rafting adventure I've done. I'm even more excited now for the class 5 rapids I'll be doing in new Zealand after doing these class 4/4+ rapids. For anyone coming to southern Oregon, they need to do this rafting tour. Brace yourselves for the long drive though. About an hour to hour and a half both ways. But well worth the drive!

Reviewed 16 August 2012

Make it easy on yourself and your family - when looking for a whitewater rafting group in southern Oregon - just call Noah's! You will be very happy that you did! We were and will go back any time.

My wife and I spent about four hours total trying to figure out which whitewater rafting outfit to go with in southern Oregon. We had been rafting before, and had two children (ages 12 and 9) with us. We wanted something challenging, fun, and worth the time and money. We called over half a dozen companies, and must have called Noah's five or six times researching the available trips. I have to believe the front office was getting annoyed with us - I was annoyed with us! Nevertheless, Megan was the epitome of professionalism, helpfulness, and was cheerful during each of our calls. I cannot say enough good about working with her to set up the trip.

We chose a full-day "Intro to Rogue River Whitewater Rafting" for the four of us. We wanted something that was more Class III and Class IV rapids; however, our son was too young for that challenging of a trip. (If that is what you want to do, too, don't worry. Noah's has one of those on the upper Klamath River.) The full-day also allows people to use inflatable kayaks for the first half the day on Class I, II, and one Class III rapid. I was pleasantly suprised with the inflatable kayaks - they were not the cheap ones that I saw other firms using. They were durable, and did well in slackwater as well as larger rapids.

For those curious about duration, the full-day trip puts in around 10am and finishes around 3:45pm. If you haven't been rafting before, that is enough to wear out the novice rafter and the kids.

The trip included lunch, and based on other rafting trips we've been on, we expected simple and boring lunch fare. Well, this was much better than that! Imagine guides bringing a couple of tables complete with tablecloths along with them! They served cold water, lemonade, and iced tea. (It was 105F that day, so keeping things cold was no small feat!) They provided cold fresh watermelon, chips and salsa, hummus, and spinach dip as appetizers. The lunch was sandwiches, but some of the nicest I've seen. They went well beyond the good bread and good cuts of meats, and had condiments such as cranberry sauce, dijon mustard, pepperonicis, and other things beyond simple mayonaise and mustard!

After lunch, the trip continued down some more rapids before the group pulled over and got rid of the kayaks in anticipation of the last few rapids, which included two Class IVs.

The guides were Nick and Mack, and you could not ask for better. Both of them were great coaches, professional, enthusiastic, and made it a great day. Nick made a lot of effort to engage the kids, and had them laughing so hard they nearly fell out of the raft a couple of times. The smiles on their faces and their laughter were what made the trip so awesome.

I was also impressed with the quality of the equipment. Although most outfits have good to very good rafts, I tend to look at things like the life jackets, helmets, etc., to see how well they are maintained. It is clear that Noah's keeps their items in good repair, and has quality gear.

There are a lot of whitewater outfits in southern Oregon and it can be daunting to pick one. Do yourself a favor and make it easy. Book with Noah's.

Reviewed 13 August 2012

We were so excited to go rafting leading up to the trip, and noah's didn't disappoint in any way! We go there, waited for a few minutes, and were met by friendly staff. We got into the van and the driver/guide was really cool. He gave us some facts about the surrounding scenery, which was cool. We got to the river after a 30 minute drive and before we knew it, we were rafting!! Something that stood out especially for my sisters, my friends and I was our guide. We got Andrew and the whole time we were laughing our heads off and having a GREAT time. At the same time, however, he kept us safe and gave us clear instructions of what to do. My friend and I did fall out of the class 4 rapid, but he came over and pulled us in so quickly that no harm was done. Oh yeah, and the snack they provided was literally AMAZING!! Delicious! So I would definitely recommend Noah's; our families have already planned to come back next summer. Thanks for a great experience that I'll remember forever!!