“An insiders' tip !!!”

Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
Dusseldorf, Germany
“An insiders' tip !!!”
Reviewed 8 July 2012

This motel is awesome! From the outside, it looks pretty much like a run-of-the mill motel. But the rooms are all renovated and have a state-of-the-art appearance. Well decorated, super clean, with flat TV, very comfy beds, a beautiful hardwood floor and a wonderful natural stone rain-shower! Also very good equipped rooms: wifi, flat TV, microwave and refrigerator are all standard. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The location is very close to the town-center and, oh, by the way, the next door Morning Glory Cafe is a must to visit! (Cafe does not belong to the Motel). This Motel is highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Armin W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed 22 June 2012

The front desk lady has altimers and I was quoted 79 dollars but paid 132... wow and I also made a reservation over a week in advance also giving my credit card information and at check in she did not know who I was nor where my info was. Rooms are nice and clean enough.. but overall I would not reccomend it, I work in the hotel industry and this place is not even close to acceptable....

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank wardawg0

Travellers are raving about these Ashland hotels

Ashland, Oregon
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I paid for a week at Ashland Motel $301.00 with taxes at 43.00 dollars a day for seven days. The internet service was poor. Barely got one bar and that was like none, couldn’t get anything done, no phone books and no websites to get information on anything.

Toilet plugged up. I asked for room service and was disappointed when a maid who looked like a serious drug addict in addition to having piercing in her face and tattoos, gave me a lot of flack about unplugging the toilet claiming I was putting green slime in the toilet then disappeared for an hour. I contacted the office and the same maid showed up all angry and told me that I could take out the trash myself and I got no new towels and had no toilet paper. On my way to the office to check out early, two drug addicted looking maids started arguing with me making accusations claiming I caused property damaged. I had no idea what they were talking about, hoping I don't get charged for something. One said I costed her money I told her she did not owned the property, she is having delusions. She may have been hallucinating if she saw green slime. They were blocking my path and there was no other way around them. I asked them politely if they could step aside and let me by, and one of them said don't tell my friend what to do.

I got to the office and while explaining to the manger what happened, one of the maids entered and started arguing saying she wanted to know "what kind of [--] I was saying about her". Several times, I asked to leave and she refused. She stated the trash was already removed from my room. Manager said she didn't appreciate what I was saying about the maids.

Dee, the manager would not give me my money back and we argued. She said I will have to charge you the daily rate and so I owe you nothing. Or you can stay another two days. I had to think about. I took the trash I had in my room and put it outside. The manager said I think it better you leave. After packing my belongings, I went to the office and they owed me for four days 172.00 and I got sixty dollars after much argument. She refuse to give me the rest 112.00 dollars. So I got robbed - 112.00 dollars on the way out the door.

After shopping around, I found a clean place, bigger, cleaner with nicer people, for about 286.00 dollars a week.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank David P
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We stayed here for 1 week while attending a workshop at SOU. It's right across the street and so handy to many restaurants and the Market of Choice. It's just not the type of room you want to spend a lot of time in. The 'kitchenette' was minimal but worked for breakfasts. No closet but metal racks for your clothes. Nice TV and comfortable bed. The surprising thing was the gorgeous (but small) marble tiled bathroom. The wireless internet worked fairly well and we had a room on the far end so it was very quiet. It wasn't quite hot enough to use the unheated pool. The air-conditioner could be a little loud.

We almost freaked out when the older gentleman at the desk said he didn't have our reservation but he was confused and did straighten it out.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 October 2011

I love this motel!!! Super clean, comfortable and modern...the shower is THE best, the beds rival those of 5 Star hotels so I slept incredibly well. A short walk to town and next door to the yummy Morning Glory restaurant, this motel is in an ideal spot. I'd definitely stay here again! :-)

Room Tip: The friendly staff will help you select the perfect room at a great price.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Plymouth, Michigan
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We got a kitchenette unit because of my wife's diet situation. It was pretty minimal: no toaster, dish towels or paper towels, dish drying rack, freezer in fridge. Their "high-speed internet" clocked at 12 Mb, but in reality didn't work at all (we were the farthest room from the office). There are no phones in the room. Bath towels are small and thin. The shower on full hot is warm enough, for me at least. The water must be hard, or maybe it was the itty-bitty soap bars they provide. Our parking spot flooded when it rained. Overall, really minimal, with a feeling and attitude of cheap. Oh and it's not half a mile to the OSF as their web site says; it's more than a mile.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed 27 September 2011

These rooms are updated and very basic. They are clean. The bathrooms are fabulous. We will be visiting our child at SOU and this hotel is very near the residence halls so very convenient. Great little breakfast spot next door.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the ice machine and stairs.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family