“Great Stay!”

Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
Palo Cedro, CA
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I wish that I could find this inexpensive and clean motel everywhere I go. I loved the big roomy shower, even if I always want a bathtub. We liked the lighting in the bathroom and even took photographs as an idea for our remodel. Hardwood floors! Awesome. And then they were pet friendly. What is not to love?

Bonus: Great breakfast place: Morning Glory, right next door!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Kihei, Hawaii
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Newly remodeled with large shower, comfy king sized bed, and flat screen TV. Hardwood floors are a plus. The wall heater/AC worked great. This is not a 4-5 star hotel, but it is an affordable, clean, comfortable motel near campus. If you are going to the Shakespeare Festival, you might want something closer to downtown.

Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Mukilteo, Washington, United States
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Stayed 3 nights at this motel. It was very nice,newly remodeled, clean. The bed was very comfortable, microwave and small refridgerator. Nice supply of towels and personal products. The staff was very pleasant and accomodating. One night the channel changer for the tv would not work. I called the office and a very pleasant girl from the office brought me new batteries and made sure that was the problem. The tatoos and piercings certainly did not distract from her friendly professionalism. I was by myself and never once felt there were any employees that were of poor character. Would stay there whenever I am in town. Would also recommend it to anyone. A plus, walk to several good resturants and to the college or town.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank B0bbie10
california
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Finally a motel that does not have the dark wall to wall carpet and the cultured marble shower.
The owners have made a real effort, and the rooms have bamboo floors and slate tiles in the shower, modern furniture and lighting (on the minimalist side).
The amenities need some upgrade: the microwave sits on top of the fridge, there is no coffee maker or hair dryer.
Put some art on the wall, revamp the exteriors (hint: garden), and the place will jump the class (and price range) above

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank ca_roamer
Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed 8 July 2012

This motel is awesome! From the outside, it looks pretty much like a run-of-the mill motel. But the rooms are all renovated and have a state-of-the-art appearance. Well decorated, super clean, with flat TV, very comfy beds, a beautiful hardwood floor and a wonderful natural stone rain-shower! Also very good equipped rooms: wifi, flat TV, microwave and refrigerator are all standard. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The location is very close to the town-center and, oh, by the way, the next door Morning Glory Cafe is a must to visit! (Cafe does not belong to the Motel). This Motel is highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Armin W
Reviewed 22 June 2012

The front desk lady has altimers and I was quoted 79 dollars but paid 132... wow and I also made a reservation over a week in advance also giving my credit card information and at check in she did not know who I was nor where my info was. Rooms are nice and clean enough.. but overall I would not reccomend it, I work in the hotel industry and this place is not even close to acceptable....

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank wardawg0

Travellers are raving about these Ashland hotels

Ashland, Oregon
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I paid for a week at Ashland Motel $301.00 with taxes at 43.00 dollars a day for seven days. The internet service was poor. Barely got one bar and that was like none, couldn’t get anything done, no phone books and no websites to get information on anything.

Toilet plugged up. I asked for room service and was disappointed when a maid who looked like a serious drug addict in addition to having piercing in her face and tattoos, gave me a lot of flack about unplugging the toilet claiming I was putting green slime in the toilet then disappeared for an hour. I contacted the office and the same maid showed up all angry and told me that I could take out the trash myself and I got no new towels and had no toilet paper. On my way to the office to check out early, two drug addicted looking maids started arguing with me making accusations claiming I caused property damaged. I had no idea what they were talking about, hoping I don't get charged for something. One said I costed her money I told her she did not owned the property, she is having delusions. She may have been hallucinating if she saw green slime. They were blocking my path and there was no other way around them. I asked them politely if they could step aside and let me by, and one of them said don't tell my friend what to do.

I got to the office and while explaining to the manger what happened, one of the maids entered and started arguing saying she wanted to know "what kind of [--] I was saying about her". Several times, I asked to leave and she refused. She stated the trash was already removed from my room. Manager said she didn't appreciate what I was saying about the maids.

Dee, the manager would not give me my money back and we argued. She said I will have to charge you the daily rate and so I owe you nothing. Or you can stay another two days. I had to think about. I took the trash I had in my room and put it outside. The manager said I think it better you leave. After packing my belongings, I went to the office and they owed me for four days 172.00 and I got sixty dollars after much argument. She refuse to give me the rest 112.00 dollars. So I got robbed - 112.00 dollars on the way out the door.

After shopping around, I found a clean place, bigger, cleaner with nicer people, for about 286.00 dollars a week.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo