“Don't let the 'motel' in their name fool you!”

The M Ashland Motel
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
Los Angeles, California
“Don't let the 'motel' in their name fool you!”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I always stop in Ashland on my way to Seattle (half way from LA) and usually stay at my friends. This time I decided to stay at the newly refurbished Ashland Motel. I looked on their website, (in my opinion a face lift of that would be very beneficial) and checked out the pics and reviews and decided to take one for the team. I'm glad I did. I was greeted warmly as I came in late and got a room for 45.00 (AAA discount). My room number was 14 and it was a smaller unit. I've included pictures. It was a very clean and Ikea- styled unit. Super basic but it had a nice bed and minifridge as well as a microwave. I found this motel to be extremely affordable and comfortable and the staff friendly and accommodating. I will be staying here on future trips...the skiing at mt Ashland is supposed to be good for beginners!

• Stayed March 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Palo Cedro, CA
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I wish that I could find this inexpensive and clean motel everywhere I go. I loved the big roomy shower, even if I always want a bathtub. We liked the lighting in the bathroom and even took photographs as an idea for our remodel. Hardwood floors! Awesome. And then they were pet friendly. What is not to love?

Bonus: Great breakfast place: Morning Glory, right next door!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Kihei, Hawaii
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Newly remodeled with large shower, comfy king sized bed, and flat screen TV. Hardwood floors are a plus. The wall heater/AC worked great. This is not a 4-5 star hotel, but it is an affordable, clean, comfortable motel near campus. If you are going to the Shakespeare Festival, you might want something closer to downtown.

Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Mukilteo, Washington, United States
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Stayed 3 nights at this motel. It was very nice,newly remodeled, clean. The bed was very comfortable, microwave and small refridgerator. Nice supply of towels and personal products. The staff was very pleasant and accomodating. One night the channel changer for the tv would not work. I called the office and a very pleasant girl from the office brought me new batteries and made sure that was the problem. The tatoos and piercings certainly did not distract from her friendly professionalism. I was by myself and never once felt there were any employees that were of poor character. Would stay there whenever I am in town. Would also recommend it to anyone. A plus, walk to several good resturants and to the college or town.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank B0bbie10
california
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Finally a motel that does not have the dark wall to wall carpet and the cultured marble shower.
The owners have made a real effort, and the rooms have bamboo floors and slate tiles in the shower, modern furniture and lighting (on the minimalist side).
The amenities need some upgrade: the microwave sits on top of the fridge, there is no coffee maker or hair dryer.
Put some art on the wall, revamp the exteriors (hint: garden), and the place will jump the class (and price range) above

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank ca_roamer
Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed 8 July 2012

This motel is awesome! From the outside, it looks pretty much like a run-of-the mill motel. But the rooms are all renovated and have a state-of-the-art appearance. Well decorated, super clean, with flat TV, very comfy beds, a beautiful hardwood floor and a wonderful natural stone rain-shower! Also very good equipped rooms: wifi, flat TV, microwave and refrigerator are all standard. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The location is very close to the town-center and, oh, by the way, the next door Morning Glory Cafe is a must to visit! (Cafe does not belong to the Motel). This Motel is highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Armin W
Reviewed 22 June 2012

The front desk lady has altimers and I was quoted 79 dollars but paid 132... wow and I also made a reservation over a week in advance also giving my credit card information and at check in she did not know who I was nor where my info was. Rooms are nice and clean enough.. but overall I would not reccomend it, I work in the hotel industry and this place is not even close to acceptable....

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank wardawg0

Travellers are raving about these Ashland hotels