The M Ashland Motel
Bard's Inn(Ashland)(Great Value!)
US$116
Ashland Springs Hotel(Ashland)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$128
Hotels.com
Ashland Hills Hotel & Suites(Ashland)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$116
Best Western Windsor Inn(Ashland)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$105
Holiday Inn Express Ashland(Ashland)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$122
Travelocity
Green Springs Inn(Ashland)(Great Value!)
US$101
Plaza Inn & Suites at Ashland Creek(Ashland)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$100
The Palm(Ashland)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$80
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The owners of this hotel have done an awesome job renoing. We love the minimalist decor. Very IKEA like with laminate flooring which is really hard to hide dirt as opposed to carpeting. Really nice bathroom. Great price. Location is not bad, we walked about 2 km. Ashland is a great little town. I was so impressed with the whole look of the town and all the choice of restaurants. They don't include breakfast but with Morning Glory right next door, you don't want breakfast to be included.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2014

rooms are small, but adequate. our room was very clean. we had 2 dogs with us, one small & one very large, no problem. restaurant next door had the best breakfast & good service. great location! I wouldn't want to stay here for any length of time, but for a night or two it was perfect.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We were shocked when first seeing our bare and very basic room. Nothing on the walls. No close,t instead a metal rack from Costco. The room and bathroom were clean. The bathroom was small with little surface area for putting your toiletries on. However, the shower was huge and nicely tiled! When you sat on the toilet you ran into the towel rack on the wall. The toilet paper holder fell off of the wall immediately. The housekeeper did not fix it the next day, and the day time desk clerk said she would have to call the maintenance man!?! The air conditioning/heating unit is an on/off type. So, you turn it on to heat and it gets hot, then turn it off ad it gets cold, no good way to maintain a regular temperature. TV was good. Our room was quite quiet, and the beds were comfortable if you like a harder style bed with decent quality sheets. The price with tax of almost $100 a night was way overpriced for the quality of the room. Too far to walk to the plays, but directly across the street from SOU.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Yes it served its purpose, a stop on a road trip. It's your basic 60s motel updated to seem modern. It was clean and the tiled shower was nice. Unplugged all the heater, fridge as they were noisy. There was nothing on the walls, pretty spartan decor, basically no love. We were able to walk to town and had a great meal at Pasta Piatti.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Don't get me wrong, I really like this place. I have stayed here before, and I come back because it's in a great location, it's walking distance to downtown, it's family owned, the staff is very friendly and helpful, and it's affordable. The rooms I have stayed in are definitely no-frills, but they are cute and comfortable nonetheless.

However, on my last stay, the room just felt dirty. The linens and towels and bathroom fixtures all seemed clean enough, but upon close inspection, the rest of the room looked as though it had been overlooked for quite some time. The floors needed to be mopped, the baseboards and window sills were covered with a thick layer of dust, and it looked as though housekeeping had not checked behind the bathroom door in a very long time. We stayed for two nights, and didn't really start noticing the dirt until the second day. It wasn't dirty enough to warrant switching rooms, but we did leave with an overall feeling of ewwww.

If I were to consider all my visits to the Ashland Motel, I would give it 4 stars, but because of this last stay, I have to knock it down to 3. This is something that is easily remedied by the staff, and I hope they take notice because I really like the motel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple