“Very Good!”

Ranked #35 of 161 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Caldera Tap House is a true locals pub. The Tap House also boasts Ashland's largest outdoor seating area, with a three-tiered deck overlooking picturesque Ashland Creek. Kids are welcome until 10 pm and there si a kid's menu.. 20 Caldera beers on tap. Organic ingredients sourced whenever possible.
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Walked over from our hotel while passing through Ashland...a very pleasant surprise! We also tried their beer which was also very good. They have an amazing menu of beers to choose from. Service was also good.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Okay, a review of a tap house by a non-beer drinker isn't really fair. So, take these comments with a grain of salt (and a glass of red wine).

But, unless the purpose of your visit is to guzzle brew, you could do better a lot of other places. The food is basic and reasonably prepared.

However! The food took forever to come from the kitchen the Friday night we were there about 8. That's after we were ignored for as long as possible by everyone when we were waited to be seated. Plus, the waitress chronically averted her eyes when she walked by our table... You know, one of those, "If I don't see you I don't have to ask if you need anything" specialists. Eventually I called out and asked her to stop so we could order a second round of drinks while we waited some mroe for the food.

There just isn't a reason for a non-beer drinker to go here. My rating is strictly on the food and service. If I was a rabid beer drinker, the rating might be higher. Who knows?

1  Thank Galen W
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Everything about this place is good, even the houseflies. Several eating establishments in Ashland boast houseflies, and that tells us they avoid spraying chemicals, which is a good thing. Wait staff are young, still learning, and very pleasant. Food offerings are varied, but not so far out there that you don't know what you've ordered. Yes, it's about beer, but we don't drink it. There are better reasons to dine here, mentioned by other reviewers.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

On a 90 degree day there is no better place to hang out than the shaded patio at Caldera. Plus they love dogs in this generally dog-unfriendly town. Caldera's own brews are very nice, plus they are open-minded enough to serve an excellent selection of other beers, too.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Beautiful location. Food for the stomach, as well as the soul. I was able to find a "dog friendly" table for me and my 8 lb dog. Service was wonderful, food was wonderful, atmosphere was in nature and wonderful.

Been to Caldera Tap House? Share your experiences!