“Gracious and comfortable--stay here in Ashland!”

Ashland Springs Hotel
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
Reviewed 22 September 2010

The Ashland Springs Hotel is hands-down the nicest hotel in Ashland. During the Shakespeare Festival, there is rarely an unbooked room, and so very few deals are to be had on rooms. But the price is worth it for the convenience and lovely atmosphere of this grand dame on Ashland's main street. The comfortable and gracious rooms are quiet, although small in the manner of older hotels. Bathrooms sleek and well-appointed. Our room had a small sitting area, and looked out over the back of the hotel to the hills--very private and scenic. I loved being there! My only small quibbles are with the lack of light in the rooms--2 queen beds and only 1 small reading light near each one (so one partner had no reading light). There was low light in the bathroom--makeup impossible to apply in the dimness! and the sitting area had a nice floor lamp that was essentially the only light in the room. An overhead light would be nice, or at least another floor lamp closer to the entrance to the room and the closets so you could see to find your way in and your clothes. Bathroom had only a shower, despite being quite large, and I had hoped for a tub to relax in. BUT, a super hotel indeed, immaculate, adequate continental breakfast, and a sweet late-night tea arrangement on the mezzanine to discuss the plays you saw. I'd go back in a heartbeat. We stayed elsewhere in Ashland before, but now I am spoiled forever by the Ashland Springs. Staff very nice. But book early!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 September 2010

If you are visiting Ashland and you don't stay at the Ashland Springs Hotel you are missing out. They were wonderful. Everything was just so special and fantastic. I can not rave enough about this hotel. I used to stay at another hotel but now that I have experienced the Ashland Springs Hotel I will be a faithful customer. We also went to the Waterstone Spa and Salon and again had a GREAT time.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2010

We stay at the Ashland Springs Hotel often enroute from California to Portland on business. We have also stayed there, when time allowed, for pleasure while seeing the plays at the Shakespeare Festival The staff is always friendly and welcoming and our room waiting for us after a long drive. The location is the best in Ashland with parking right behind the hotel. The rooms, while small, are nicely done - and the bedding and sheets the BEST - so luxurious. I always get a great nights sleep. The restaurant, Larks, has excellent food and a nice environment. Don't miss the wonderful scones they have in the morning for breakfast which is included in the room price. Also appreciate the free internet.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2010

I had booked a standard room but I was told that we were upgraded to a room with a view so that we would have a little more space. Our room was small, but how could a standard room possibly be even smaller? I did like the interior though, it's old fashion but in bright colors. Even the bed was tiny, not what you expect to be a bed for two.
In the morning we woke up because of the sun shining through the window. The curtains are a lot too small and apart from the window to keep any light out.
The breakfast buffet did not have much choice especially not in bread. Or maybe we were just a bit late. The straw chairs were bit low and uncomfortable for the morning.
The elevator took several minutes to reach our floor every time we tried to use it.
They offer free wireless internet which I liked.
Overall, I somehow like the building and the styling of the room. I did not have any problem with the service and the room was clean. Still it had some drawbacks, mainly the room size. I would still recommend it to a friend after informing him about the size.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2010

Shakespeare, Lithia Park and the Ashland Springs Hotel...Culture, Nature and our home away from home. If you want to stay in a classic hotel built in the 1920s while you attend what Time magazine rated as one of the five best small theaters in America, this is your opportunity. On our most recent stay, we were had the good fortune of securing a corner room on the top (9th) floor - a room so enticingly romantic that we found it difficult to leave it to attend the theater or stroll in the lovely park. The more modest rooms are still uncommonly charming and evocative. The setting for breakfast is a second floor balcony running along the perimeter and overlooking the classic lobby. We have the good fortune of living less than three hours from this gem, but we would travel across the country for this hotel and the theater and the park.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2010

Our room was beautiful! It was small but just what we needed. The bed was Very comfortable and dreamy, and the products in the bathroom were Top notch.
The hotel staff was also very friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed 3 September 2010

I was worried enough by the negative reviews (tiny rooms, possible bedbugs) of this hotel to consider changing our reservations. I am SO glad I didn't! The staff couldn't have been more helpful and informative, and they were very patient with my concerns. They encouraged us to make a thorough search, while reassuring us that the mattresses were new, the hotel was spotlessly clean, and no complaints had been received in the past 12 months. They were correct! Our room--- even with a king-size bed--- was certainly spacious enough, everything was hospital-clean, and the decor was soothing and restful. Best of all, the air-conditioning was SUPERB, even during the blistering heat of the late summer of 2010. And I have to add that the service and food at the Larks restaurant in the hotel easily ranks with my best experiences in San Francisco and New York. We would defiitely return to the charming Ashland Springs Hotel!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple