We typically stay here when we visit Ashland for the plays. There are four of us and we've stayed at various types of rooms. I rarely give 5 stars for anything - but we have never had a problem with this hotel and the customer service is fantastic.
We've stayed in various types of rooms. The spa room was a bit weird. There was a large space b/w the door and the bathroom that seemed wasted. Would have been happier if that could have been a lounge area instead. Probably won't get a spa room again - didn't have time to take a bath anyhow - and it's a waste of water. Have stayed at hotels with WAY bigger tubs. One in Vegas took us 1/2hour to fill up. (yeah - it was a true waste, but that tub was UNreal.)
We've stayed in King rooms with a sitting area. that worked. We asked for a cot and it fit. The beds have always been comfortable and clean. The cots are a bit older, creakier mattresses that are not plush. But they are big enough for a teenager. I actually slept on the couch one night (didn't use the pullout bed) and it was actually okay to sleep on. Have reserved a 2-queen room for our next stay.
These rooms aren't cheap - we pay for the convenience/proximity to the theatres and downtown location.
We stayed on the ground level once and I was nervous that it would be noisy - but the walls were thick enough and we ran the fan for white noise and it was fine. Plus the hotel is kind enough not to run the leaf blowers early in the morning! We were grateful for that.
Our room had a small frig and some counter space and cupboard. That was nice. Frig was clean. Space was good for us to store all of snacks (since we drive to Oregon).
The free Wi-Fi was decent as well. We had up to 5 devices running on it in our room at once (including phones, iPads, laptops, etc) and we didn't seem to experience significant lagging..)
The bathrooms have always been clean. I am very finicky. The shower/tubs have been installed with the wide curved bars - I guess Americans are all just bigger now?
The towels are big enough and are clean.
There is enough soap, etc but we typically bring our own shampoo.
We always use the gym when we stay at this hotel. It is super basic. But it's clean. One treadmill, one bike, one elliptical and some weights. There are towels, and water available. A TV too. That's pretty much it.
There is a nice long trail super close by (the one that follows the creek), so we go for runs as well.
There are a ton of places where you can hang out, both inside and outside. We love to sit on one of the outside patios and play games in between plays. It's so much fun. The other guests are really nice as well. We never have a problem finding a place to sit (we are a big group).
The public areas are clean and well kept. There is a big huge puzzle they leave out in one of the areas. Have never seen it finished. Wonder if some kid steals one piece just to mess everyone up at the end???
We never eat breakfast at the hotel. We don't really like the big public hotel breakfasts. We like hot - to order meals. We tried it once. It is the normal fare: make your own waffles, cereals, eggs, coffee, juices, danishes, etc. It was fine, but we prefer to go out to eat for breakfast. For being part of the hotel cost - this is a decent breakfast.
Again, we have never had any issues with customer service. Whenever I reserve a cot - I have always received one right after we arrive. Everyone is always courteous and helpful.
Because we've never had a problem - the service is great - the rooms are always clean and comfortable - I give it 5 stars.
Yes - I have stayed at many Ritz Carltons hotels, Mandarin Oriental, etc. and THEY can be MORE than 5 stars - I had to give this hotel 5 stars even though I would not call it a luxury hotel, but because we have stayed MANY times and never had ONE single problem. Where can you go where that has ever been the case?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Timeless Style and Modern Luxury in a Chic Setting Welcome to the Plaza Inn & Suites, a boutique hotel in Ashland, Oregon. Here, visitors to Ashland experience the best of both worlds – a peaceful self-contained hotel in the heart of down town Ashland that is also just steps away from The Plaza, Lithia Park, the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, theater district, boutique shops and the more than 90 restaurants located within walking distance of our downtown hotel. We are constantly finding new ways to heighten guest experience and we now have a Tesla high power charging station. The hotel’s comfortable elegance, contemporary style, and personalized service define our approach to hospitality and our guests are assured a truly outstanding experience – from accommodations, to service, to dining and location. Come explore the charm and many cultural activities which Ashland has to offer while staying with us. The Plaza Inn & Suites hotel is the first choice in Ashland, Oregon for an unparalleled lodging experience. The Plaza Inn & Suites is warmly decorated and furnished with a Shakespearean theme throughout the hotel and captures the literary spirit of the area. The beautifully appointed rooms and suites come with complimentary Internet access and premium bedding. Your ultimate comfort and relaxation is our top priority and everything has been designed toward that goal. Guests are treated to a delicious complimentary expanded hot breakfast and evening snacks. The hotel also features a fitness center, convenient parking and a variety of amenities. Need help with anything? Our very own Plaza Inn & Suites Concierge will be more than happy to assist you in any way possible. Check in to a room with style and substance! Our 92 spacious, non-smoking rooms and suites are beautiful and inviting with a chic, minimalist style providing a restful retreat. Our hotel is pet friendly and your furry friends are allowed in select rooms for a nominal fee. Our accommodations provide a true residential feel with everything you need to make yourself at home in Ashland, Oregon. Be sure to like us on Facebook for specials and events! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Plaza Inn & Suites at Ashland Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plaza Inn & Suites At Ashland Creek Hotel Ashland
- Plaza Inn And Suites At Ashland Creek
- Plaza Hotel Ashland Creek