“A bargain, convenient and clean.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Timbers Motel
Timbers Motel
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
Bay Area, California
“A bargain, convenient and clean.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2009

I read an initial review that was discouraging. But decided to stay at Timber's after being recommended by another motel manager in the area. We stayed in Ashland because we were attending a wedding in Gold HIll and didn't want to stay in Medford. We stayed in an upstairs room and had a beautiful view of the Cascade Mountains, Southern Oregon University and a glorious sunset. Wished we had stayed in the family unit with the kitchenette, which offered more space and a sitting area. My husband loved the convenience of the nearby coffee shops and quality market.

Air conditioning worked well and keep us comfortable in 92 degree weather. The convenience of being close to town was perfect. Free internet? wow! Can't get that in California.
The pool was refreshing after a long hot drive from California. A steal of a deal for those on a budget. Don't forget to tip the housekeeper. Coming back to a clean room after a hot day is nice. A visit to Lithia Park is a must. We look forward to returning to Ashland (for Shakespeare Festival) and staying at the Timber's!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2008

We stayed at The Timbers on Sept 10, 2004, and were suprised at the quality of the room. It had coffee, micro, fridge, iron/board, and lots of room. Nice pool and the manager was very helpful and friendly. It's on a great bikeway into downtown (2 miles), and less than a block to our favorite restaurant in town, "Omar's". Next door is an excellent grocery and there are lots of restaurants nearby as well. On top of all this, it was less than $100 with all taxes included. I highly recommend this place, it's well worth the price!

• Liked — Amenities and location on the main bike route through town
  • Disliked — Not a thing!!!
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Randy S
Salishan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2008

Tried to book online, since they were rated cheap. WARNING! You get what you pay for! At their website, I inquired about a room on a certain date. They asked for my name, address, phone #, credit card info. With some trepidation, I provided all requested info. They responded: "Thx. We will get back to you with the status of your reservation request." Weeks passed and I heard nothing. I then booked with another Ashland motel, the Stratford, one of the best, but more expensive than Timbers. The transaction online with Stratford was completed flawlessly in 10 minutes. A month later, I checked my Mastercard account online and found a charge from Timber for $100 !!! I fired off an email, demanding a refund and accusing them of a scam. Their general manager responded saying they would agree to a refund, saying their clerk "forgot" to send me an email confirming my reservation. She then scolded me because I: 1) failed to followup with a phone call or letter when my promised email confirmation didn't come thru and 2) accused them of any dishonesty, since they were a "long-standing Mom and Pop organization." In other words, when they charged my MC account, but failed to inform me accordingly, it was my responsibility to contact them and find out what they were doing. The general manager said: quote: "When 'we' asked for your credit card information, that wasn't us, personally -- that was just the web site." This is a "Mom and Pop" organization in the truest sense of the word: i.e., Not ready to do business in the 21st Century. Recommendation: Spend a few bucks more and deal with real professionals, not incompetent whiners who screw up and then blame the customer.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — incompetent online booking service
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank wwwreid

Travellers are raving about these Ashland hotels

California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2008

We booked this hotel because it was close to downtown and reasonably priced. When we arrived, we were initially disappointed - the hotel is surrounded by a strip-mall; the pool is small. But, in the end we were very pleased. Our room was spacious, very comfortable and clean, and had all the ammenities of a more expensive hotel. The area was quiet and the motel was within walking distance of a few good breakfast places. We would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — value for the money
  • Disliked — the pool - which we ended up not using
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mimidemama
Tillammok, Or
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2008

I was injured while staying at this Motel due to their negligence. The manager sent me a free overnight stay in their king suite. The letter thanked me for being a guest and that they "we're sorry for the less than satisfactory experience". I called and asked for a number of their insuance company and/or attorney and Max refused to give me either . He said I was not a registered guest only my friend was. So, if that is correct why did he send a letter about my recent stay? They obviously will not accept responsibilty for their mistake or care about my injury...................Stay here at your own risk!!!

• Liked — Sensitivity of the check out clerk
  • Disliked — Getting hurt due to their negligence.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank coastalresident207
tacoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2007

The motel seemed shabby but ok at check in. Then we had a bubbling noise come out of our bathroom which turned out to be a back up into the bath tub. We bought cleaning wipes even after the maid came and did our ouw clean up from then on. Four night stay for a class, couldn't wait to leave.

TORRANCE, CALIFORNIA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2007

It's plain and simple it's affordable, close to everything and the Managers know me very well. This has been family owned and operated for 40 years. They really updated many things and its kinda like a B&B, I chose the King suite every time. I wouldn't go anywhere else when I know I could get the best location and a really clean room. I tell you give it a shot!

• Liked — Friendly, cost efficient
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)