“Comfortable and basic”
Review of Stratford Inn

Stratford Inn
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
Reviewed 19 December 2011

I've stayed at the Stratford Inn a couple of times in the last 3 years. It is a basic hotel with comfortable beds, a continental breakfast, and a swimming pool. It is conveniently located to downtown and easy walking distance to the Shakespearean Festival; safe to walk at night. I prefer to have a quiet room and request the parking lot side, which works fine. There is a Safeway next to the hotel. There are sometimes large groups of students that stay here, but it's never been too noisy for me. I recommend this hotel for a basic, comfortable night. The staff is friendly and the hotel well maintained and clean.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank CatfriendDavis
StratfordinnManager, Manager at Stratford Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback! We’re proud to have you as a repeat visitor. Comfort, cleanliness, and customer service are extremely important to us, and we’re happy to hear that we’ve achieved your standards of quality! We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Ashland.

Reviewed 18 July 2011

Located downtown, just a leisurely stroll to OSF and shops! Safeway is located directly next door and with a fridge/freezer in our room, it made for a perfect combination! The room was equipped with a kitchenette which was perfect for travelers on a budget! Our room was very clean upon arrival and the maid service received each day was great! The staff is super friendly and helpful. The front desk girls always greeted us with a smile and dealt with the noise from the hours we spent in the pool. A nice perk is the coffee shop located upstairs, their coffee is fantastic and items purchased can be charged to your room. All in all, was a great place to stay and we will be back again! Way to go Stratford Inn team, you exceeded our expectations!

Room Tip: Ask for weekly rates and OSF discount. Although they aren't in the AAA book, they offer AAA rate...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
StratfordinnManager, Front Office Manager at Stratford Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2012

Thank you so much for you comments! We're so glad that we were able to exceed your expectations that kind of feedback always puts a smile on our faces. We're happy to hear that you'll be staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 24 May 2011

My trip to Ashland was the first, and by far its going to be the best. We stayed at the Stratford Inn, and it was wonderful. I couldn't recommend it more. If you are looking for a great night stay. You have to stay there. Family owned and operate-- it felt like home!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

We're so grateful for your lovely review. Our gaol is to be our guests' "home away from home," and we're happy to hear that you felt we succeeded. We'll do our best to make your second visit even better than your first.

Reviewed 2 May 2011

Stratford Inn is conveniently located for theatre goers for the Oregon Shakespeare Festival.
Because we were staying multiple nights, we booked a kitchenette/spa suite which turned out to be on the ground level. The unit was very dark (it is below street level) and although the hotel professes to be "smoke-free" our unit had a certain unpleasant odor of old cigarette smoke. When we spoke to the front desk. the unit was sprayed with something that produced an odor more offensive than what we were trying to eliminate. No amount of airing did the job. Housekeeping service was hit and miss. We had to ask for toilet tissue when the existing roll was more than half gone. The continental breakfast is mediocre.

Room Tip: Book a room on an upper floor.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank agent8698

Thank you very much for your feedback. We're continually striving to not just meet, but exceed our guests' needs, and feedback like yours is very important for showing us where improvement is necessary. We do take our non-smoking policy very seriously, and all our guests are required to initial our non-smoking policy at registration. If our housekeppers detect the scent of cigarette smoke after a guest has checked out, the room undergoes a deep cleaning, including laundering the curtains, running an aerator and shampooing the carpets when necessary. We sincerely apologize if those measure were not enough in this case, and we have informed our staff about your comments. I'm happy to inform you that we are currently undergoing some renovations which will included a fully remodedled unit on the first floor as well as new carpeting in the hallways. Again, we appreciate your feedback and apologize that your experience was not up to par.

Reviewed 27 March 2011

The beds were wonderfully comfortable. The location is really close to downtown, so you can walk without having the fear of having nowhere to park. The costumer service was extremely helpful, considerate and just pleasant all around.

Something really neat is that the hotel is connected to a really nice coffee shop.

Had a great time. Ashland is great.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 December 2010

I was told my room with the AARP discount would be 80-85 dollars. Very reasonable for Ashland. I wanted to go to a play and spend the night. I didn't need any frills. I was surprised to see my credit card charged 118 dollars....Still reasonable for Ashland, but not what I was told. When I called about it, I was told I initialed the card allowing the 90.00 for the room..and they always charged more for incidentals, in case you had any, and since I had signed the card there was nothing they could do about it. Teach me to read what I'm initialling! My room was pretty dismal...and had an unpleasant odor. i had a view of the back parking lot...ok...beyond that I had mountains...Anyway next time I'll pay more and stay downtown where I can get some enjoyment for my money.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
4  Thank HelloMedford1
Reviewed 6 November 2010

Room was clean and decent. Hostess very pleasant. Stairway was narrow and carpeting was filthy. Nice pool with tiny hot tub. Hot tub was actually hot enough, a very pleasant change from most hotels! Overall, a decent night's sleep, but rather expensive for the value.

Stayed: October 2010