“would definitely stay here again”
Review of Stratford Inn

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Especially liked the convenient location within walking distance to downtown and yet
reasonably priced. Having the Boulevard Cafe down the hall from our room was a plus and the quality of the coffees and food was excellent. Loved having access to a gym down the road at no extra cost. There was always parking available in the lot even though all the rooms were booked. it was clean and comfortable, and we appreciated the effort to be 'green' by having the soaps and shampoos in dispensers that were refilled when empty thus eliminating the waste of all the small plastic bottles. Staff were always helpful and friendly. Elevator available for those who need it.

Room Tip: we were on north side and could here traffic, south side on higher floors preferred
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Elizabeth,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your visit to the Stratford Inn.
It is always a pleasure to receive comments from our guests.

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed all the amenities, Stratford Inn provides for its guests.

We look forward to you staying with us in the future.

Best Regards,

Stratford Inn Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 20 June 2012

We are regulars at this hotel, and always look forward to our stay. Always so relaxing and peaceful. Love the indoor pool, and the fact that it stays open til one am means you can still swim after the plays get out. Daytime staff are especially friendly, and always greet us with a smile. We will keep returning as long as things stay unchanged.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Our goal has always been to exceed our guest's expectations, and we continue to strive for this outcome.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Ashland.

Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 13 May 2012

I only spent one night in the Stratford. It looked attractive on the outside and had a small resturant, but was dark and dismal inside. The resturant is only open from 7am to 7pm and had closed by the time I checked in. My room was below ground level with an access to the window that was not visible from the street and my window was unlocked when I checked. The room had an odor, not sure if it was cleaning products or just old age. The entry was by a regular key, there was a dead bolt lock but not the a flip lock over the door. I've traveled by myself a lot for work and have never felt unsafe before, but I was very uncomfortable. I should have asked to change to a room on a higher floor, that was my fault, but it had been a long drive and by the time I realized all this I was too tired to move. The continental breakfast was pretty limited and while the location was convenient and the front desk was very nice, I think next time I'll look for something where I feel more secure.

Room Tip: A higher floor on the parking lot side might be better.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Niki47
StratfordinnManager, Manager at Stratford Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

Service expectations are something we strive to exceed; obviously we did not during your stay.

We never want any of our guest to feel uncomfortable during there stay. We are sorry to hear that we did not make your experience one worth remembering.

Please feel free to contact me directly in the future to assist with reservations/assure your visit meets your expectations.

Thank you for your time.

Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 10 April 2012

When questioning the front desk about the authorization amount and charges made to my room, the staff was very rude to me. The comment was "It's not my fault you used a debit card to pay for your stay". The staff also mistakenly charged my debit card for lift tickets I did not purchase. The failed to follow up with me for any resolution to the situation. The general manager and front desk manger were very short with me and made no attempt to smooth over the situation. I expressed that I would not be returning to the Stratford Inn again and it was clear they were not concerned about the lost business. Also, the hot tub was dirty with a slimy film in it. I would reccommend finding a different place to stay when visiting Ashland.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jennifer C
StratfordinnManager, General Manager at Stratford Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

At the Stratford Inn, we strive to meet our guests expectations in all aspects of their stay. We are truly sorry that we fell short during your recent visit.

When we were made aware of your problems we fixed them as quickly as we could. We are aware that this was an inconvenience to you and upon your next visit, we would like the opportunity to make this right.

Thank you for your time in advance and again, we apologize for the issues you experienced.

Stratford Inn Management

Reviewed 19 December 2011

I've stayed at the Stratford Inn a couple of times in the last 3 years. It is a basic hotel with comfortable beds, a continental breakfast, and a swimming pool. It is conveniently located to downtown and easy walking distance to the Shakespearean Festival; safe to walk at night. I prefer to have a quiet room and request the parking lot side, which works fine. There is a Safeway next to the hotel. There are sometimes large groups of students that stay here, but it's never been too noisy for me. I recommend this hotel for a basic, comfortable night. The staff is friendly and the hotel well maintained and clean.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank CatfriendDavis
StratfordinnManager, Manager at Stratford Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback! We’re proud to have you as a repeat visitor. Comfort, cleanliness, and customer service are extremely important to us, and we’re happy to hear that we’ve achieved your standards of quality! We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Ashland.

Reviewed 18 July 2011

Located downtown, just a leisurely stroll to OSF and shops! Safeway is located directly next door and with a fridge/freezer in our room, it made for a perfect combination! The room was equipped with a kitchenette which was perfect for travelers on a budget! Our room was very clean upon arrival and the maid service received each day was great! The staff is super friendly and helpful. The front desk girls always greeted us with a smile and dealt with the noise from the hours we spent in the pool. A nice perk is the coffee shop located upstairs, their coffee is fantastic and items purchased can be charged to your room. All in all, was a great place to stay and we will be back again! Way to go Stratford Inn team, you exceeded our expectations!

Room Tip: Ask for weekly rates and OSF discount. Although they aren't in the AAA book, they offer AAA rate...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
StratfordinnManager, Front Office Manager at Stratford Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2012

Thank you so much for you comments! We're so glad that we were able to exceed your expectations that kind of feedback always puts a smile on our faces. We're happy to hear that you'll be staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 24 May 2011

My trip to Ashland was the first, and by far its going to be the best. We stayed at the Stratford Inn, and it was wonderful. I couldn't recommend it more. If you are looking for a great night stay. You have to stay there. Family owned and operate-- it felt like home!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

We're so grateful for your lovely review. Our gaol is to be our guests' "home away from home," and we're happy to hear that you felt we succeeded. We'll do our best to make your second visit even better than your first.