“Love this place!”

Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
Sunnyvale, California, United States
“Love this place!”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I stay here every year when I go to The Oregon Shakespeare Festival. The Stratford Inn is part of the joy of this vacation. The Inn has lovely rooms, an excellent staff and facilities. I like being able to park my car and walk everywhere during my stay. Morning breakfast is another convenience that I appreciate.

, Manager at Stratford Inn, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Dear Shareen,

Thank you so much for your kind words about the Stratford Inn. We are always trying to make each individual guest feel like we are there home away form home. I’m so glad we were able to exceed your expectations.

We look forward to your visit again.

Front Desk Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Berkeley, California, United States
Reviewed 27 June 2012

The Stratford Inn is a terrific place to stay in Ashland. Very convenient on all counts: walkable to downtown, easy parking, free gym access, indoor pool, good breakfast options. The staff is always friendly and helpful. We come every year and look forward to staying at the Stratford.

Dear Camille C,
I am pleased to read your review, and yet it is certainly a pleasant reminder for the staff and myself to continually stay dedicated to our declared commitment to keep vigorously perfecting our establishment, especially when receiving welled-traveled insight and opinioned reviews by our guests.

We look forward to your future visit!

Roseburg, Oregon
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Overall a very pleasant stay. Being within walking distance of downtown is paramount for us.

Dear Kelly F,

Thank you so much for your review!

Remember to “Like” us on Facebook to stay connected with exclusive offerings and current Stratford Inn enhancements.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 26 June 2012

If you prefer to spend your money on the theatre instead of on lodging, the Stratford Inn is a good choice. Centrally located, friendly staff and plenty of parking are plus signs. The rooms are clean and quiet, perhaps showing their age a bit. The breakfast is basic with no muss or fuss. I've stayed here many times over years of traveling to the festival and while I've stayed at other far more expensive places on occasion, I always find the Stratford Inn to be the best value. Most especially if one's focus is theatre.

Dear Theatregoer_12,

On behalf of the entire Stratford Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming hotel, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family.

Pt. Reyes Station
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Especially liked the convenient location within walking distance to downtown and yet
reasonably priced. Having the Boulevard Cafe down the hall from our room was a plus and the quality of the coffees and food was excellent. Loved having access to a gym down the road at no extra cost. There was always parking available in the lot even though all the rooms were booked. it was clean and comfortable, and we appreciated the effort to be 'green' by having the soaps and shampoos in dispensers that were refilled when empty thus eliminating the waste of all the small plastic bottles. Staff were always helpful and friendly. Elevator available for those who need it.

Room Tip: we were on north side and could here traffic, south side on higher floors preferred
Elizabeth,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your visit to the Stratford Inn.
It is always a pleasure to receive comments from our guests.

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed all the amenities, Stratford Inn provides for its guests.

We look forward to you staying with us in the future.

Stratford Inn Front Desk Manager
Forest Grove, Oregon
Reviewed 20 June 2012

We are regulars at this hotel, and always look forward to our stay. Always so relaxing and peaceful. Love the indoor pool, and the fact that it stays open til one am means you can still swim after the plays get out. Daytime staff are especially friendly, and always greet us with a smile. We will keep returning as long as things stay unchanged.

, Manager at Stratford Inn, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback! We’re proud to have you as a repeat visitor.

Our goal has always been to exceed our guest's expectations, and we continue to strive for this outcome.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Ashland.

Pleasanton, California
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I only spent one night in the Stratford. It looked attractive on the outside and had a small resturant, but was dark and dismal inside. The resturant is only open from 7am to 7pm and had closed by the time I checked in. My room was below ground level with an access to the window that was not visible from the street and my window was unlocked when I checked. The room had an odor, not sure if it was cleaning products or just old age. The entry was by a regular key, there was a dead bolt lock but not the a flip lock over the door. I've traveled by myself a lot for work and have never felt unsafe before, but I was very uncomfortable. I should have asked to change to a room on a higher floor, that was my fault, but it had been a long drive and by the time I realized all this I was too tired to move. The continental breakfast was pretty limited and while the location was convenient and the front desk was very nice, I think next time I'll look for something where I feel more secure.

Room Tip: A higher floor on the parking lot side might be better.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Niki47
StratfordinnManager, Manager at Stratford Inn, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
Service expectations are something we strive to exceed; obviously we did not during your stay.

We never want any of our guest to feel uncomfortable during there stay. We are sorry to hear that we did not make your experience one worth remembering.

Please feel free to contact me directly in the future to assist with reservations/assure your visit meets your expectations.

Thank you for your time.