“Five days in Ashland”

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
Lacey
“Five days in Ashland”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We had a room on the third floor which we prefer - no one making noise over head. Breakfast was sufficient (just cereal and coffee is all we consume). Beds are comfortable, room had a desk for my laptop, access to town good, could walk to any venue.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Lawrence W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed here for four nights in May and it was great. The room (229) with two queen beds was large and spacious. Room was located away from the pool and eating area so it was very quiet other than hearing the stairwell door closing a lot. The room was clean and included a table and two comfy chairs, modern flat screen TV, free internet, and plenty of drawer and closet space. Water pressure in the shower was excellent.

The hotel has an onsite cafe on the 2nd floor that is open from 7 am to 7 pm with a nice selection of food and beverages.

The internet service was a bit sketchy in room but worked great sitting in the 2nd floor cafe. Alternatively, I used my personal hotspot when the cafe was closed.

Being located directly across the street from Safeway was so convenient for being able to pick up food and other items. The room (I think all) has a microwave and a good size refrigerator. I wish that there were plates and silverware in room too but was able to pick up from breakfast room each morning to bring back and use in my room.

I didn't eat the complimentary breakfast each morning due to a special needs diet but It appeared to have plenty of choices for everyone to be able to start day with a full belly.

The location of the hotel is excellent for those able to walk a couple of miles into and around town for shopping and going to theaters. Shopping begins within the first few blocks. The Shakespeare Theaters are approximately six blocks away. I shopped so much that I used the conveniently located US Post Office to mail packages home!

I was traveling without a car and meeting friends at another location in Ashland. Not realizing that taxi service in Ashland is not the best I was probably going to have to walk the 1.2 miles to the new location back and forth three times in order to carry all my bags (7.2 miles total!) when I asked about the possibility of a hotel shuttle with the front desk staff and was told there was not one available one of the women in the office offered to drive me and my luggage in her own car! That was service above and beyond . Thank you Ashley!!!

Overall a great stay and I would stay here again. Only reasons for less than five stars was unreliable internet and no security bar for large window (my room was located on street level).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Sheila M
Eugene
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We return with our students here every year and always have a perfect visit. I'll be coming back this summer with my family. The rooms are perfect and clean, it's convienient to all of Ashland and the staff is freindly and helpful. The coffee shop on site is wonderful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

California
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stay here when going to OSF and t is only a few blocks walk to to several theaters. Having the coffee shop on site is a convenience for a quick lunch or dinner. I also like having a frig & microwave in the room so I can warm up my leftovers from an earlier meal.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Woodinville
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Everyone at the Stratford was friendly and very helpful. The location was perfect for walking into town and the pool was great for the kids to get their wiggles out after a long day in the car. The rooms are modest but very clean, overall well worth the price for convenience and service!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Poipu, Hawaii
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Had adjoining rooms with son and his family. Both coffee shop downstairs
and walking distance to downtown were wonderful. Jacuzzi and pool made
wonderful mornings for my 4 year old granddaughter and I.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Housekeeping varied from day to day forgetting to replace stuff on some days and missing some of the cleaning. The breakfasts were poor, precooked scrambled eggs, sausage, and pancakes. Plus 1/2 banana, yogert, dry cereal, packaged oatmeal, and bread stuff every day. If you are avoiding wheat and sugar there isn't much variety in a week stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends