“Mucho gusto!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Ashland, Oregon
“Mucho gusto!”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Found this happy little restaurant in Ashland, Oregon. Very friendly staff, excellent mexican cuisine, good size portions, great drinks AND Mondays is $3.50 margaritas! Yeah!

• Visited November 2013

South Pasadena
“Maybe not the best Mexican, but pretty good”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Eating in downtown Ashland can be problematic with the crowds before the theater. We found this Mexican restaurant to be a great alternative. Easy to park and good food. Service can be a bit slow but when we told them we needed to get to the theater, they really tried to accomodate us.

• Visited October 2013
Klamath Falls, Oregon
“A nice find right off of I-5”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I've stopped here a couple of times now on my way home from Ashland to Klamath Falls, Oregon. It is conveniently located just east and south of the southern access from Interstate 5 to Ashland. On both occasions I have eaten a very filling lunch in an equally relaxing environment just prior to hitting the winding mountain roads between Ashland and Klamath Falls. The service at El Paraiso is extremely friendly and efficient, making the dining experience all the more pleasant and satisfying. I plan to stop by El Paraiso as much as much as possible from now on during my trips to and from Ashland.

• Visited October 2013
“This is a terrific Mexican restaurant.”
Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

My wife and enjoyed an excellent meal tonight at El Paraiso. The facility is quite attractive, beautiful tile floors, attractive ceiling designs and comfortable booths. The service was excellent from our server to a young woman who moves around the room just to check up and assure every has what they need and are happy and finally to the owner who is very friendly and eager to see you have a great meal. Both my wife and I were very happy with our meals. I am very fond of Arrose con pollo & it was the best I have ever had. Great place to dine.

• Visited September 2013
Long Beach, Calif.
“Very good”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

There is no single style of "Mexican Food" and El Paraiso provides a departure from the heavy, lardy, Tex-Mex style that many Americans stereotype as "real" Mexican food. My taste in Mexican food has been a result of sampling the various regional Mexican styles available in the Greater Los Angeles Area (where I was born and raised), eating at my Mexican friends' homes, and traveling in Mexico. While traveling through, I ate at the El Paraiso with two Ashland friends who love this place. The service was quick and friendly, but not imposing. Two of us had the carne asada, which was so good that I craved it for the next week. It was simple, cooked to perfection, and not swimming in grease. One friend had the chicken soup. Despite professing to not being hungry, he finished it off and said it was delicious. I also appreciated that the restaurant had local craft beer. If I lived in Ashland, I would go here all the time, like my friends do.

• Visited August 2013