“Beautiful...absolutely beautiful”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Folsom, California
“Beautiful...absolutely beautiful”
Reviewed 1 December 2011

I love this hotel. It is completely remodeled and a place that I wouldn't mind living in. It felt like a really cool little house. Very cozy, great service, comfy bed, and the special touches made it just that...very special. I stayed in the king room with the fireplace and it was perfect. And the shower was amazing...perfect water pressure and lots of hot water. Topped it off with a soft robe and oversized towels. The location is great too...about a mile walk into downtown. I spent two nights and didn't want to leave. I look forward to returning again soon.

Room Tip: ask for the cottage in the back...private parking lot and very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
San Jose, California, United States
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Traveling alone fron central Oregon to San Jose, CA, I needed a place to stop for the night where I could rest and feel safe and even pamper myself after a stressful trip. I chose The Palm after driving up and down Siskiyou Blvd. several times because it was very pretty and inviting looking and not a typical "row" motel. The staff is wonderfully helpful and friendly. The rooms are like little cabins. The one I had had a little kitchen and wonderful wood floors and a very clean and comfortable bathroom. A very big plus for me was the free wyfi that actually worked with absolutely no hassel with getting passwords. The bed was very comfortable and even though I didn't use it, the pillow "menu" is a wonderful idea. I didn't get to use the swimming pool, but I will definitely stay there again and enjoy the heated, salt water pool.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I have been staying at the Palm for years as a rest stop on the drive from Portland to San Francisco. We have never had a bad experience. Check in is easy and friendly, the rooms are cozy and the light is always on greeting us. We won't stay anywhere else in Ashland. The new pool is gorgeous too!

• Stayed November 2011
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 29 November 2011

The Palm has magical gardens, and even in the winter there is always a small vase of something fresh from outdoors. The place is "vintage" and this is important to me because it feels more like home, than a hotel will duplicate decor. I enjoy that it seems cozy, the minute i enter the parking lot. It's not a gigantic hotel, but a sweet home away from home. I've stayed in almost every room. Some have multiple rooms and are large enough for a family or two couples. One room has a kitchen with a stove that has a refrigerator where the oven usually is. I like to be able to walk, either around the block, or downtown. The Morning Glory restaurant is just one block away.

Room Tip: all rooms are different
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Camas Wa
Reviewed 25 November 2011

We 'web-stumbled' upon The Palm for a recent long weekend to see the SOU Raider's last football game of the season. We fell in love with The Palm and we can't wait to return. It was convenient - we walked to the football game, Morning Glory breakfast spot (get in line by 8am) and the beautiful Southern Oregon University campus. Our room wasn't a room - more like being at home. It was cozy, roomy, trendy, and cool. The two-room layout was perfect for us because one of us likes to sleep in, and the other is an early riser. The bed was very comfortable, the amenities, high end. We strolled through the gardens and were pleasantly surprised by the nooks and private settings throughout the property. We cannot wait to return to The Palm, most likely in the summer so we can enjoy the pool and see the gardens in bloom.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank D M
Oakland, CA USA
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Altogether a fine place. Stayed here 3x so far. Room decor sets The Palm apart from and above Ashland's B&B's. Amenities, gardens, outdoor tables, pool - all add to the package. Service always pleasant and professional, although we rarely need anything except to check in/out.

Room Tip: Do expect the One Double Bed and Classic Queen rooms to be small.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Oregon
Reviewed 19 November 2011

I thought this motel with it's cottages was just perfect. I see that others are complaining about how small their unit was. I was in a 2 bedroom with kitchenette unit and it was JUST right. Not huge, but plenty of room and tastefully decorated in amazing artifact furnishings from the 50's and 60's mixed with newer items that blend in seamlessly. We found ourselves walking around going "hey -- we used to have one of these when I was a kid!". Everything was clean and the beds are super comfortable. This is NOT a 5 star hotel room, so don't stay here if that's what you like. Remember -- these are cottages and with that name alone comes charm and something different. I would totally stay here again. It felt like we were in a cut out section of some very cool old doll house. Would love to be here in the summer to enjoy the beautiful grounds.

Room Tip: A 2-bedroom is nice even for a couple. Gives you more living space for just a few more dollars per...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family