“Delightful stay at this vintage motel!”
Review of The Palm

The Palm
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lodi, California
“Delightful stay at this vintage motel!”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

The Palm has lovely gardens, efficient and friendly staff and beautifully appointed vintage-style rooms and kitchenettes--so fun! There is a sunny pool with a deck and quiet shaded garden spots where I sat and read amid roses and butterflies.
Convenient location, and good value, too! We have stayed at The Palm eight or nine times, (including once for a family trip that required four rooms) and have always been glad we did.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a kitchenette (the one we had was actually a separate room, completely furnished...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Battle Mountain, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2012

What a delight! You can see the care and pride the owners and staff take in creating a peaceful, comfortable and absolutely BEAUTIFUL property. The gardens are wonderful and the salt water pool is so gorgeous. The decor in the rooms....high class and impeccably done. Loved it... we will certainly stay again. Thank you for creating such a relaxing place
!!

Room Tip: The Garfield House is fantastic. Rooms are very large and have private decks. Decor is perfectly cl...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Palm. The gardens were a great place to sit and relax, and the location was walking distance, unless you're in high heels, from the Shakespeare festivities. We got great tips for local retaurants from the front desk, and even a recommendation for white water rafting! We enjoyed staying here more than we would have enjoyed one of the "big box" hotels. The pool was a really relaxing place to sit and read between activities.

And, my bed was very comfortable.

We will stay here next time we are in Ashland.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Lori E
Vancouver
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I found this hotel by driving through Ashland on my motorbike on a very hot afternoon, after a lovely ride from crater lake.
The vintage signage caught my eye, and the fantastic gardens and foliage made me turn my head to read the name. I pulled over down the road and read my lonely planet guide that mentioned current and future upgrades to this retro looking motel. so i turned around and went on in. the friendly staff described the room i could get, as i stood there slowly melting in my riding gear. i looked out and saw the fantastic pool area and stopped listening and slid my credit card over. the "room" turned out to be half a small house located down a grassy path past the pool and cabana area. the suite was modern and new with ipad dock, 2 tvs fireplace, huge new bathroom, robes, kitchen area, huge bed, and the pillows were bigger than the bed back home. The house and suites had a private driveway and old fashioned front porch. l could walk downtown for shopping and dinner, and a great breakfast and coffeeshop morning glory is nearby. i decided to stay an extra day and go whitewater rafting. the staff were helpful and friendly, and they let me keep my bike and gear there after i checked out so i could go rafting and come back to get my stuff.it was quiet, peaceful, luxurious, clean, well located and very good value. i am happy to recommend it to anyone, and i plan to drive all the way there from vancouver bc just to visit again and show my family what i have found..

Room Tip: get the suite in the detached house
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank saltspringian
San Anselmo, California
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Beautifully landscaped, and with an inviting pool area, The Palm was the perfect spot to relax between activities at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. It is conveniently located a few steps from the Morning Glory restaurant, one of the best breakfast places ever--go early because it gets crowded. As inveterate walkers, we welcomed the walk into town after one of those enormous breakfasts! The staff is completely charming and helpful. Couldn't have been better.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marcia T
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Not wanting to stay in a frou frou Bed and Breakfast, we choose this funky rebirth of an old motel. Our room was a luxury king. That room, along with the Sunset Suite and Garden Cottage (?) are in a separate building (looks like a little cottage they bought and also refurbished). It sits on a side road, but is part of the property. It's probably quieter sleeping at night as the motel sits right on the main road. My only complaint about the room, is that the gorgeous gardens that make up the rest of the property don't extend to this building. The pool area is wonderful. Our room included a reserved cabana which was very welcome shade as it was in the 90's. The lady checking us in could've been a little more informative about pool hours etc., but not a dealbreaker. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank raindiva
Sisters, OR
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Tired of the "big box" hotels? I sure am. When in Ashland, check into The Palm a unique, well-cared for, one-story motel with a people oriented staff with excellent knowledge of the area. Though the footprint of the original 50s era motel remains the same, bathrooms have been updated, and a beautiful pool has been added. The lovely garden location is happily next door to the Morning Glory Cafe, my FAVORITE breakfast/lunch spot in Ashland. On my next trip to or through Ashland, I hope I can check into my favorite overnight again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo