“Perfect long-term lodging for a school group”
Review of Ashland Hostel

Ashland Hostel
Ashland Hostel
Ashland, Oregon
“Perfect long-term lodging for a school group”
Reviewed 26 May 2010

Marilyn, the owner of the hostel, worked with me to find suitable accommodations for my 2-week-long program for high-school-aged teens. She provided two excellent dorm rooms plus a room for my staff and gave us the downstairs common area to ourselves. When I had last-minute changes in my group or schedule, she was always happy to accommodate. The kitchen met our needs and the other guests were never a problem. I highly recommend the Ashland Hostel as an affordable option for all guests and school groups spending time in the area.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank blakeboles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
British Columbia
Reviewed 25 February 2010

Spent a pleasant evening here while on the road north. Cleanest hostel I have been too, though it was the offseason and not busy. Would not think twice about recommending it to any one.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank WanderingNINJA
Santa Barbara,CA
Reviewed 7 December 2009

I have stayed in many hostels in Europe, and although 72, I can survive in most any conditions when I'd rather spend my money on adventure, but definitely enjoy a few niceties and comforts. I don't feel comfortable when there are service people whose livelihoods depend on changing my sheets every day and putting chocolates on my pillow. But this wonderful Ashland Hostel had an incredible kitchen and was more comfortable, clean, quiet and friendly than any expensive accomodations I have ever had. The management was helpful in every way, from bandaid for my blister to specific directions to everything I needed.
I certainly hope many more will avail themselves of this pleasure.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank bsybdy
California Bay Area
Reviewed 13 November 2009

I've stayed a couple of times. The house itself is attractive, especially the common areas. However, the manager lives there and has really taken over the common areas. It felt like I was putting him out each time I stayed, and that he'd rather have the place to himself.

Hostels I've stayed at in Portland and San Diego have much friendlier vibes.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Footloosewomen
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 26 October 2009

The Ashland Hostel is centrally located and all around a fabulous deal. The service was outstanding - friendly, generous, and not overbearing. They went out of their way to orient me, transport me, and make my stay pleasurable. The place itself is tasteful, clean, and very comfortable. One night fifty teenagers arrived for the Shakespeare Festival, and yet it was so well-managed, that I still slept soundly and wasn't in the least perturbed. I felt lucky to have chosen it!

Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank AJeanK
Midwest
Reviewed 5 October 2009

This hostel was very nice - different from many that I've stayed in. It has a very home like atmosphere so I imagine it might be a good hostel for people who are trying hosteling for the first time. The staff was very nice and everything was clean and well kept. The bathroom situation was a bit strange - there was a room with a toilet in a stall and 2 stall showers- If not for the 2 shower stalls I would assume it was a single user bath, but the extra shower and stall toilet made it seem more public. Not an issue when I was there, but if it was crowded it could be. My only complaint was that my private room was very cold - especially after sitting in the cold for 3 hours at the Shakespeare festival. Otherwise a lovely spot and very close to everything.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
Chico
Reviewed 16 May 2009

Would recommend, kitchen a bit small. Relatively new owner, down to earth. Grat location, virtually empty this weekend. Come to Ashland

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends