“Back again!”
Review of Columbia Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ashland
Columbia Hotel
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This is over half a dozen times I've stayed at The Columbia Hotel. A gem in downtown Ashland. Each year sees another upgrade. Victorian motif with both ensuite facilities and the shower/toilet down the hall. For something out of the ordinary, recommended.

Room Tip: avoid outside back rooms during the summer - they do get a bit warm.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 23 June 2013

I stayed at the Columbia one night on my way to Crater Lake so that I could take in the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. I got a single room with a shared bath/shower. The room was adorable and their was coffee made in the lobby at 6:15am when I took off for Crater Lake! All of the staff I encountered on my brief visit were very hospitable. Loved being right in the middle of Ashland with all it's funky coffee houses, awesome restaurants and theater.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 June 2013

This time, almost a year later, we stay at a 2 double room with share bathroom. Large bedroom, big windows, small sink. yes you have to get out of your room to use the toilet or shower but it is right there. The hotel has this feeling of an Inn, it is small. You can get a cup of fresh coffee wearing your pajamas, or seat in the lovely leaving room to read the news, a borrow book or decide which play to see...walk everywhere, a lovely stay...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2013

This is an old hotel that has been very nicely remodeled and has a charming lobby as well as very attractive rooms. Wifi is available in the lobby. Coffee is available there in the morning. The staff was friendly and helpful. There are fresh flowers throughout. Our room was immaculately clean with no chemical smells. If you can park in the 15 min spot in front you will have a tall stairway to climb to the lobby. By parking in the parking lot behind the climb is far less but you would need directions for finding it. Parking is tight but there is free on street parking nearby. The location of the hotel is excellent for the theaters as well as shops and restaurants. My friend and I had the room with a bath so I can't comment on the shared baths but they looked very nice.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

I spent three nights at the Columbia Hotel in Ashland. If a TV and bathroom in your room is important, this is not the place for you. If you value fresh flowers, plush towels, friendly staff and a welcoming lobby, you need to visit the Columbia Hotel. It is conveniently located near the venues for the plays in the Shakespeare Festival - just a few blocks away. If you like to shop and/or eat, there are plenty of options in easy walking distance. The hotel is also close to walking in Lithia park and (if you have a car) a number of hiking trails (within 5 - 20 miles). In general, the staff were able to offer advice and suggestions about plays, nearby hiking trails, restaurants and even a service station for a car issue. While there is limited parking behind the hotel, it is easy to find nearby on street parking. A potential downside is the need to walk up a flight of stairs to reach the lobby and the rooms. I did not see any elevators, but I was not looking for them either.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Like staying at your Grandma's house if you had a sweet, loving Grandma who was a neat freak. I didn't, but I am a neat freak and I was impressed by how an old, quaint little hotel kept the rooms so clean. We had a room with a private shower which was nice, but I looked at the communal showers and they were very nice, cute, clean too.
The location is amazing...right on the main street to everything....4 min. walk to the park, plays, Ashland food co op..etc.
I would def stay here again next time I'm in town and not staying with friends.
The bed wasn't as firm as I would have liked but for 2 nights it was fine.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank upandawayCalifornia
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Staff was extremely welcoming and hospitable throughout our stay. The room was charming and the beds were comfortable. We enjoyed the convenience of being able to walk everywhere. We visit Ashland eveyr year but this our first stay at the Columbia Hotel, and would recommend it highly unless you like generic hotels with lots of fancy amenities but no ambience.

1  Thank REBECCA P