Columbia Hotel
Ashland Hills Hotel & Suites(Ashland)(Great Value!)
US$159
Bard's Inn(Ashland)(Great Value!)
US$192
Best Western Windsor Inn(Ashland)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$127
Lithia Springs Resort(Ashland)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$211
Official Site
US$244
Oak Hill Bed and Breakfast(Ashland)(Great Value!)
US$228
Ashland Springs Hotel(Ashland)(Great Value!)
US$1,107
US$243
US$222
The Palm(Ashland)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$109
All reviewsshared bathfresh flowershistoric columbiacourtyard suitecharming hoteltoilet and showerclaw foot bathtubstreet sidedouble bedother guestsnew york timesstreet noiselast minute reservationhandmade soapscommon roompark the carperfect location
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I loved staying at the Columbia. The best thing about this hotel is the staff, and that it's a historical landmark in Oregon history. I got to know all the staff during my week stay, and I enjoyed talking with all of them. The staff goes far beyond the usual in trying to help patrons. Every time I passed the front desk there was a customer asking for something unusual, and they always did their best to help. Leisl, Westin, Daniel, Jonathan, Kelly, Owen-- they are all polite and gracious no matter what, and fun to talk to also. I suddenly got an infected fingernail and kept bugging them for help, but they were always gracious. They even found me a clinic I could go to in town. I didn't know when I booked that it's the oldest continually-in-service hotel. It's beautifully preserved, and I'm glad they are taking good care of it. There are lovely old photos on the wall where you can see Ashland's history and people from the past. I didn't mind sharing a bathroom because the price was great, and it's such a central location. I was there for July 4th and I only had to step outside the front door to watch the parade. My room didn't have AC, but the fan worked fine. Love the place, love the people, and will return again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The Columbia Hotel is perfect for travelers who don't mind sharing a bathroom. I stayed in a classic queen with shared bath and it was perfect! I came in very late at night and they made sure the front desk was staffed for my late arrival. Hotel staff were incredibly friendly and made sure my stay was the best! I loved the antique decor in my room and the fresh flowers made me feel right at home. This is one place I will come back to for sure!

Room Tip: Some rooms do have private baths so rest assured that if the shared bathroom is your only hang-up, it is easily worked around.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Columbia hotel is a very old hotel in a great downtown location. We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go in Ashland. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms are neat and clean, small but fine. Bathrooms are shared. They have more men's facilities than women's. No AC in general areas, just in rooms which are listed as having AC.

Room Tip: be sure yours has AC. Might want to pick a larger one like a suite if you don't want a very small room. One room seems to have a private bath.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2013

This is a nice refurbished hotel in an excellent location with reasonable pricing and a cool vibe. We have stayed here twice on our trips to Ashland but it is not perfect by any means. Parking is almost always a hassle with only a few spots near the hotel meaning you often end up searching high up the hill for a location for your car. We are fine with the bath down the hall concept but many hotels that have this feature provide a robe to wear for night time visits which this hotel does not so bring your own. Some of the bathrooms do not have sinks to wash your hands afterwards only a soap dispenser. I am not squeamish just realistic about the habits of others. Although there is a pleasant lobby with chairs and reading material coffee isn't served there until 8:00 so if you are an early riser you will need to go off premises for your jolt of java. Some of the rooms are small so if you want more space be sure to take that into account when making your reservations.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lifeliverOtterRock
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Tried the Columbia when other in town options were booked up by tour groups. Hotel is very convenient to the Ashland theaters and retail/restaurant core. The long staircase from the main street through town carries you to a quiet oasis. Rooms were nicely decorated with tall ceilings and fans. I'm OK with having the bathroom down the hall, especially at the value of these rooms for a quality sleeping space less than 10 minutes walk from a late evening performance.

Room Tip: We had a large queen on the quiet back alley. The town gets pretty quiet after the audience for the evening shows disperses so getting to sleep is not an issue, but it was nice not to have any traffic noise in the morning.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple