“A favorite lunch stop”

Tot Restaurant
Ranked #74 of 161 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: Asian, Barbecue, Vietnamese
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Simple southeast Asian food. Good service. Good prices. Lots of choices, some spicy, some not. If you want fancy you will be disappointed. Otherwise prepare to be pleased.

1  Thank Frank L

Reviewed 18 September 2013

The ambiance at Tot is bare bones, which allows you to focus on the the food -- it's good. I had the roasted corn appetizer, which was roasted corn on the cob with basil oil and lime. Really delicious!. I was on the fence about ordering the chicken curry because sometimes curry isn't my favorite. They assured me that it was made with curry leaves, not prepacked curry spice. It was quite tasty, even a few days later when I ate the leftovers. The thai iced tea was good but the condensed milk made it a bit much for me--I couldn't drink it all. Probably won't order that again. Overall, I'll definitely go back and try some other dishes!

3  Thank JNHTalent
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Very unique flavors in the pho and brisket. No idea if this is "authentic", etc., but we've had both as take-out on two separate occasions and were very pleased. Great, friendly service but hard to find location if you are from out-of-town.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Carefully prepared and delicious food in a beautifully decorated space; reasonably priced. A wall sized slate board presents the menu, with lots of options for starters, full plates, soups and barbeque. I tried several dishes on my first visit - a pork noodle soup, adobo beef and a unique potato tot, the namesake dish with a unique twist and taste.

The pork noodle soup is heavenly - a rich broth with slices of a dense, flavorful meatball, and the soup piled high with thinly sliced carrots, bean sprouts and scallions - and poached egg if you want it. The adobo beef played mushrooms and spices and tender chunks of meat against flat rice noodles. The potato tot was actually rice and potato, lightly fried and with choice of tamarind or peanut sauces - my tamarind was sweet and spicy and this small morsel was just what I'd hoped for.

Take out, or staying to eat inside in this beautifully decorate space, or in the courtyard with a massive garden - Tot is on now on my list!

I'll be back, guys! Lots more to try on your board.

1  Thank Maureen F
Reviewed 5 August 2013

A small place near the Ashland Coop. A menu of Asian inspired dishes including phos, bahn mi sandwiches, and main dishes. Imaginative, well-prepared food served in a pleasant, simply decorated room. Very much worth getting away from downtown to visit. Close enough to walk from Oregon Shakespeare---about five blocks---plenty of parking if you are driving.
Most dishes under $10.00