“Good beer and food, odd location”

Caldera Brewery & Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 157 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian, Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Full bar. Family friendly. Fireplace. Outdoor heaters. Amazing views.
San Francisco, California
“Good beer and food, odd location”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The hotel I was staying at recommended I try it out, and I am glad I did. The location is odd- right by the freeway at the end of a street with two gas stations, motels, and a food bank. But it's a real manufacturing brewery with a tiny restaurant at the end. You can tel they just have a lot of fun making beer and serving it with food. The food didn't really change my life, but it was awesome and much better value than some tourist traps in this small town.

Visited June 2014

Surrey, Canada
“Good Food, Great Beer and Nice Views”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I decided to visit Caldera Brewery on the recommendation from staff at a nearby hotel where I was staying. It was a short walk up the hill and is situated to provide great views of the surrounding mountains. I went in the evening, mid-week and had no problem getting a seat outside to enjoy the late evening sunshine. The outdoor area has mixed seating with both tables and chairs as well as a few picnic tables. There are areas out I the sunshine or there are areas with shade as well.

It took a few minutes for the hostess to greet me and show me to my table, however, the inside area was busy and once I was greeted the service was excellent. I was attended to by various staff members bringing food, beer etc.

I decided on the house salad with a double order or the smoked salmon. I paired it with two different beers from their lengthy, but not overwhelming beer list. Food and the beers were great.

There is parking available however it is somewhat limited so on busy nights it may be tough to get a spot close to the restaurant.

This is definitely a place to visit more than once if nothing else but to sample the various beers available.

• Visited June 2014
“Good beer, bad service ”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Went here with my family and the place was pretty slow. We were the only table besides a father and son sitting inside and our waitress was awful. She never smiled and looked like we were wasting her time. The hostess was more helpful and was the only one who kept coming back to check on us. I don't think I would ever want to go here again, I'll just stick to buying the beer at the store.

1 Thank RaeLeeAnne
Benicia, California
“Interesting pizza choices, innovative beers”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Another spot to walk to from our nearby lodging. Always a good idea if you're planning to try various beers!
Very spacious dining room. It was a bit warm for outdoor seating, so we stayed inside. Our server, Emilia, was very pleasant and quite helpful in helping us choose our beer sampler tray. we actually enjoyed all of the brews that we tasted, but settled on the Citra Pale and the Dry Hop Orange to accompany our pizza.We split a pizza between the "Fermenter" (mushrooms, goat cheese, greens) and the "Heat Exchanger" (pepperoni, peppers, chili flakes) with a minor substitution. My side (mushroom) was really unique, and the leftover slices were just as good the next day. My husband was very happy with his as well, and finished it all.
Price was incredibly reasonable, and we left feeling very satisfied. We would return to this restaurant. Oh, and we found their pale ale on sale at a local market the next day, so we can have a little taste of Ashland at home too!

Medford, Oregon
“Great spot...worth looking for!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Caldera Brewery and Restaurant, not to be confused with their Tap House in downtown Ashland, is located on Clover Lane, which is basically a freeway frontage road, off of Exit 14. Down the funky little road to the warehouse-like building (it IS their brewery) and you'll find a great spot with mile-high ceilings and walls lined with an amazing collection of beer bottles. You can sit outside on picnic tables, but there is freeway noise and it's one of the windiest spots in Ashland. So, inside is my suggestion. They strive to greet you within 30 seconds (it's on their comment card) and the wait staff is friendly and polite. On a recent visit with a friend, I had their house-brewed Hibiscus Rose Petal Iced Tea (delicious with no sweetener) and the Veggie Sandwich. I am dairy-free and they graciously put avocado on my sandwich for me instead of the mozzarella cheese it normally comes with. I couldn't believe the size of this sandwich, which was loaded with their roasted red pepper hummus, and tons of veggies on their house-made sourdough bread. With a generous serving of potato salad on the side, it was at least two meals worth of food. (See photo...took half the sandwich home for lunch the next day!) My friend has many dietary restrictions, and when her burger patty came with cheese on it (miscommunication on ordering) they quickly whisked it away and replaced it within mere minutes. The waitress checked on us multiple times as well as the host. I'm not a beer drinker, but when I've been there with my hubby on previous occasions he has enjoyed their selection. Great spot for locals, and visitors should definitely find their way here...away from the hubbub of downtown. Oh, and by the way, the mirror in the ladies room makes you look like a super-model. :)

• Visited June 2014

Been to Caldera Brewery & Restaurant? Share your experiences!