“Great restaurant that has stood the test of time”
Review of Thai Pepper

Thai Pepper
Ranked #24 of 166 Restaurants in Ashland
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I have been coming Thai Pepper for years and it is amazing how well it has held up. Appetizers such as Spring Rolls and Tiger Rolls are as good as ever, and main dishes remain delicious and a decent value. One thing that has happened with opening of the upstairs portion of the establishment is that they now serve an impressive selection of craft beer. I had a Ninkasi Total Domination Double IPA, an outstanding beer. I ordered the Crispy Fish (one of my favorites) and the six of us shared various dishes including the always delicious lamb. We managed to finish all of it but there was so much food it was a challenge. Great place.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

We stopped in here to dine between an afternoon matinee and the evening performances at the Angus Bowmer Theatre. This is primarily a dinner-only location that opens at 5 pm. They are open for lunch on a limited schedule, at least in the off-season. Their speciality is satays and the peanut sauce that comes with it is particularly good. The rest of the dishes that we had were good also.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

The shrimp appetizer and cod in a sweet pepper sauce was great. Everyone at the table enjoyed their food and we all ordered different items.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We had dinner at Thai Pepper a few weeks ago, and the happy, delicious, good experience is still lingering! I had the Green Curry with Chicken, and it had so many flavors in it: sweet, sour, hot, salty, pungent -- all melded together in perfect balance. Yumm!
The cosmopolitan from the bar was delicious too. :)

Reviewed 1 February 2014

I like this restaurant and their food. They have the traditional Thai dishes like Pad Thai (but it is unlike any other Pad Thai I have ever had, and I love it), curries, etc. they also have many dishes not found at the average Thai restaurant. Love their Indonesian lamb for example. They have a full vegetarian menu as well as their regular menu and you can order off either or both. This is a two story restaurant with a full bar and a bar menu on the top floor. The outside seating next to Ashland Creek is fabulous in late Spring to early Fall (lower level). Friendly and attentive staff, and even in the height of play-going season they can handle a full house well.

Been to Thai Pepper? Share your experiences!