“Used to be such a nice place.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Paschal Winery

Paschal Winery
Ranked #13 of 42 things to do in Ashland
Talent, Oregon
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Used to be such a nice place.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

This winery is still beautiful, but that is about all. For years we use to go all the time when friends came to town and once a month for local’s night. It was so warm and so friendly. The new owner has ruined it. So un-friendly, so cold.
I have been on the Bear Creek Wine Tour twice now (spring 11 and 12) and Pascal is one of the stops. Next time we will just skip Paschal. The staff acted like we were a bother. This spring the wine tour was placed in the basement and our group waited some time before someone even came down to serve us. (The owner) The wines have suffered too. What happened to the Claret that was so good? Did the original winemaker flee too?
Tried once again to give them another chance this summer. We came in to drink some glasses of wine on the porch. The 2 girls behind the counter did not say hello and barely made eye contact, then one finally made her way to us. Told her we were there to buy a few glasses and enjoy the view. Tried to engage her with smiles and compliments, with no luck. I asked to taste a couple (yes, 2) reds to decide what I would have, my friend had a taste (more like a tiny sip) of white before buying a glass.....she charged us $1 for each taste! I understand paying when you taste a flight. Never have I had to pay for a couple tastes when we were buying wine. We paid our $7 each for the glasses of wine, finished them and will never set foot in there again...... Until a new owner comes along.
I hate to diss on a local business, and I had many negative experiences to do so. (I just mentioned two) Luckily there are many great wineries in the valley, and more coming all the time. Just bummed because Pascal is in my town.

2 Thank Crywild

Texas
122 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 242 helpful votes
“Nice Setting, Reasonable OK Wines”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

The winery and tasting room are in a very pleasant setting. The tasting room is very well done. The charge for a full tasting is 8 dollars, which seems a bit high, but if you purchase at least 3 bottles of wine the cost of the tasting is deducted. Our server was pleasant enough. The wines are OK to my taste, not exceptional, but we did purchase 3 bottles. The wines are a bit pricey, but we like to help support the small wineries. I would rate it as well worth a visit.

2 Thank TexasTravelerGoGo
Ashland, Oregon
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Gorgeous setting, good wines”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

This is a fun winery to visit. It's modeled after an old italian winery and is really picturesque. A great atmosphere to taste and consume some good wines. They have performers there a lot as well, so you never know what might be happening when you come. They have a number of wines and I like most all of them.

3 Thank R&DAshland
Portland OR
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great winery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

Lovely views from the veranda. Wine is always good- bought a case of our favorites.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank nruth
Newbury Park, California
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Beautiful winery!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

What a beautiful setting sitting either inside or out on the deck looking over the vineyards. I've also attended classical acoustic guitar recitals which add more charm. If you're in the area and like wine I recommend stopping by to soak up a beautiful part of the Rogue Valley.

Visited June 2011