“BEST CHICKEN FRIED STEAK...EVER!”
Review of The Open Range

The Open Range
Ranked #58 of 161 Restaurants in Ashland
Price range: US$8 - US$38
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: (Please note that we are currently closed for the winter. See you in the spring!) Take a thrilling mountain-road drive through the breath-taking vistas of the Siskiyou Cascade National Monument to a 1920's era roadhouse where a period-appropriate dining experience awaits you. Owners Donnie and Denise Rowlett are your server and cook for this unique experience.
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I have to say that my most recent meal at the Pinehurst Inn (Chicken Fried Steak) was one of the best I have had, anywhere. The cube steak was so tender, mix that with the buttermilk batter, and Denise's special herbs and spices, WOW!
A little wine, good friends, Donnie singing at the piano...who could ask for more.

Reviewed 13 September 2011

I have to admit that I don't like mountain driving, so I don't consider the drive to Pinehurst Inn--on a twisting,one-lane, sometimes poorly maintained highway-- "scenic". However, once there I was impressed by the warmth of the hosts. And--even for me--the food was worth the drive. It is simple, perfectly prepared seasonal food. I will someday brave the drive again!

Reviewed 29 July 2011

We went for dinner with two other couples--all of us for our first experience at Pinehurst. We will all return soon for another taste of gracious hospitality and excellent food. Why hadn't we gone there before now! Rest assured that we will be regulars: it's a lovely drive and a great destination.

2  Thank Paige1024
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Three couples who live at the Running Y in Klamath Falls decided to try the Pinehurst Inn for dinner. It is about a 50 minute drive. The experience was fabulous. The atmosphere is very pleasant and the food and service was excellent. We will go back often. After enjoying a fabulous dinner we were treated to fresh individual strawberry peach pies. We adjourned to the rustic living room whre we relaxed and enjoyed listening to our host sing and play the piano. What a great place and so close to home!

1  Thank Idazona
Reviewed 15 July 2011

We have been to Pinehurst several times. The food is very delicious and the people are great. After dinner you will be entertained by the owner playing the piano. It is a beautiful drive through the country which adds to the whole thing. Millie Wells

Been to The Open Range? Share your experiences!