“pricey but worth it”

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
Bay Area, California
“pricey but worth it”
Reviewed 16 July 2011

I am so thankful to the staff. I arrived close to midnight on a holiday weekend to hoping for an inexpensive room to lay down my head for the night. Silly me- There was so much going on in Ashland that weekend they were sold out. The hotel staff called hotels for me up to 80 miles away, patently staying on the phone with each hotel to try to get me the best deal they could. Fortunately for me, another family that was staying there had rented too many rooms and gave one up- I snatched it. It was a suite and really out of my price range...but after my long drive and seeing that no other hotels within an hours drive had availability I snatched it up. The suite was large, had a fridge and quite possibly the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. I stayed for breakfast the next day and was glad to see they had scrambled eggs and sausage to go with the usual fare of cereal and bagels. And a big plus- security in the parking lot- a MUST when you travel and have things sitting in your car. A great experience all around! Thank you Best Western!

Room Tip: book in advance!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Goerlitz
Reviewed 8 July 2011

The hiotel is big and nice incl. Pool and laundry service. The staff was friendly and even though I cam last minutes with competitors already sold out, they did not overcharged.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
California
Reviewed 2 July 2011

The hotel is located about five minutes from Old Town Ashland.

The staff is friendly and accommodating. The room was recently updated, fresh paint, new furnishings.

No refrigerators in rooms. No lock on the window...housekeeping brought a pole to place in the window channel for our security

Air conditioner stopped working at 2 am, don't know why, too tired to complain.

Beautiful roses and flowers throughout the grounds which are well-maintained. Pool is clean.

There was no continental breakfast as stated by the web site BECAUSE the staff could not keep up on supplying food for the breakfast!!!! This hotel horribly understaffs their continental breakfast leaving guests frustrated and writing a review like this. We left without eating.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank PetuniaCake
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 28 June 2011

We stayed here one night on a road trip.

I thought this place was priced well and really nice for the money. Modern bedding, roomy rooms, big TV, clean, with a pool, hot tub and breakfast. Even a shuttle to the main drag. Though it's always great to stay in the thick of things, this hotel is a short drive and doesn't break the bank. So, definitely a good stay all-around.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 8 June 2011

The Windsor Inn was undergoing a remodeling on our last visit with no towel bars in the room and a hair dryer that smoked and set off the smoke alarm. As a Best Western Rewards member, we have stayed at the Windsor Inn on several occasions, but used Rewards Points for the last stay. Nevertheless, the Windsor Inn charged our stay at the maximum rate, and the manager has failed to return all attempts to contact her by e-mail or telephone to reverse the charge. There are better values up the road at La Quinta Inn.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed 14 May 2011

We stayed here last summer while attending the Ashland Shakespeare Festival and just writing a review now as I'm making a new reservation there again for the summer. Nice hotel, much cheaper than the hotels near downtown. It would be nice to stay in a hotel within walking distance of downtown, but it seems like the price goes way up close to the action.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 7 April 2011

nice staff.. COLD SHOWERS. Nice pool, but COLD.. Breakfast was a joke only pastries and cold cereal.. it was "just fine"

Room Tip: check internet
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
BW_WindsorInn, General Manager at Best Western Windsor Inn, responded to this review, 8 April 2011
Dear kch20,

My sincere apologies for your expereince with haveing to take a cold shower at our hotel. I know that is not a plesent way to start your morning, especially when you are on vacation. Unfortunatly sometimes with such a big hotel we do have situations come up and in this case I would like to inform you that once we were made aware of this issue we took immediate steps to address and take care of the problem. However i do recognize that you still had this issue and again I apologize.

We do have the outdoor pool and spa, however due to the sesonal changes in Ashland our pool is only open and heated during mid spring though the beginning of fall. Our spa remains open year round.

Our Contintental Breakfast in the past has consisted of pastries, fruit and cereals. However last summer we added additional hot items. We now include a hot breakfast item every morning, the hot item varies each morning so that we can add a little extra variety for you, our guest.

I would just like to conclude by saying thank you for your feedback. It is very important to us that our guests are comfortable during their stay here at the Windsor Inn. Once again I do apologize that we did not meet your expectations on your first visit and I hope that we will be able to better serve you the next time you are in Ashland.