“Wonderful room, quiet, clean, spacious.”

BEST WESTERN Windsor Inn
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
Gilchrist, OR
“Wonderful room, quiet, clean, spacious.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

We had a ground floor "pet" room in the newer wing near the workout room. The room was spotless. The beds were comfortable, and the pillows were amazing. The room was well-insulated and there was very little "neighbor" noise. The staff were very helpful. There are two restaurants nearby, a diner right next to the hotel and a Mexican Restaurant across a side street. Towels are provided for the pool and spa, and the exercise room has a treadmill, an elliptical machine, and a recumbent bike, all in good working order.

Room Tip: There is currently construction on the nearby overpass, but there was no noise at night. If you are...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank CJErvin
AshlandWindsorAmanda, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Windsor Inn, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Dear CJErvin,

On behalf of our entire team here at the Windsor Inn, I would like to say thank you for staying with us! We try to give each guest a superior experience and we really appreciate you taking the time to write this review and all of your positive comments!

Amanda Chapman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

My sons and I did a road trip from Vancouver Canada to San Diego area over Spring Break. We use Best Western hotels when we are doing road trips as one usually can't go wrong with them. They're are normally easy to find, clean and comfortable for a one or two night stay. This Best Western, however, is the best we've come across. the rooms are exceptionally clean, large and have new plush linens. The staff was very pleasant and I would highly recommend it. There is a construction project nearby which another reviewer posted about already, but I didn't hear any noise from it...although we were mainly in our room only during the night and into the late morning.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Bonnie S
AshlandWindsorAmanda, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Windsor Inn, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Dear Bonnie S,

Thank you for your great review. I'm glad we were able to be the 'Best' Best Western on your trip. I have passed your compliments to our Team here at the Windsor and we all greatly appreciate them.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Just a quick heads up on which Best Western to select for your Ashland visit. Not this one only because of the noise from the current overpass construction project. Best Western in town near the plaza is better for now but book now for summer they get sold out pronto.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk to put you at the opposite end of the highway.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank BizMan774
AshlandWindsorAmanda, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Windsor Inn, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Dear BizMan774,

On behalf of the Windsor Inn and I would like to extend my sympathy to you and the community for the extreme noise caused recently by the bridge construction nearby. We are now working with a representative who is now giving us advance notice of any loud work being done at night. The 'extreme' noise was caused by a special machine they can only use at night. They will no longer be using this machine. They have projected to complete the project by mid June. We do appreciate your business and patience with the bridge project. I hope you will come see us again once the dust has settled.

Rohnert Park, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

This was a great hotel that we stayed at while taking some high school students to check out SOU. We had a few rooms and they were all nice and clean when we got there. Even though it was very cold, the kids chose to use the pool and hot tub and really enjoyed it. The only reason I did not give this hotel five stars was because the rooms do not have microwaves and there are no DVD players or in-room movies as in some other Best Westerns.

The staff were very friendly and they gave some great recommendations for dinners based on our group. Even when we used the computer in the lobby late at night or early in the morning the staff were all very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good. It had a hot chocolate maker which I loved because I hate dealing with those messy powder packets! They did not have the usual waffle maker I am accustomed to at Best Westerns, but they had better cereal choices and they did have quiche as a hot choice with a variety of pastries.

Overall this hotel was a pleasure to stay at and felt very safe and secure, even late at night.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank kingswin
Dear kingswin,

Thank you for your response. I have passed your compliments on to the Team here at the Windsor Inn. I am glad we were able to assist your group during your stay. Since we do have so many lovely places to dine here in Southern Oregon, getting microwaves in the rooms has not been one of our main priorities. We do appreciate your suggestions and I have forwarded them to the owner, Jon Warren for further review.

Guerneville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

I have stayed in this hotel twice now, and both times the rooms were clean and well appointed, the complementary breakfast not only surpasses typical spreads, but ends at a civilized time of 10:30. The staff is efficient and friendly, the area is quiet and beautiful.

Room Tip: I was upgraded, at no cost, to a room with a small kitchenette with 2 televisions. There was a small...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

My family stays here several times a year on our way to/from California. The rooms are big, comfortable, great linens and towels. The check-in/out service can be a little slow if only one clerk is on duty. The on-site restaurant serves great food.

On this stay it was evident that my room had not been used for a while. It was like a freezer! The heater did not produce enough heat to warm the room to a comfortable temperature so I resorted to several hot baths to keep warm. Thank heavens for hot water! At bedtime I crawled into freezing sheets with my clothes on and hoped for the best. I had an o.k. night's sleep.

I did report the heating problem to the front desk when I checked out and they said that they would have maintenance look at it. I think that because the rooms have outside entries that if they are not used often they just stay cold.

If you are going to stay here in the winter time you might want to ask that the management turn on the heater in your room a few hours before you arrive!

Room Tip: Check the heater when you arrive (in winter) or, better yet, call and request that it be turned on b...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Pitt Meadows, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

After a ten hour driving day we arrived shortly after dark and asked for and were given a ground floor room close to our vehicle as we had lots of luggage to unload. The room was clean, quiet and the king bed was very comfortable. The rate with our AAA discount was excellent. The only drawback was the room was very cold when we checked in and it took a good while to warm up with the heater on high. There was no microwave in the room but we didn't need it for our short stay. The staff people were all very friendly and helpful, even printing something from the internet for us. Breakfast was good with lots of selection. All in all a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple