“Excellent hotel!”

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
Reviewed 8 January 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
AshlandWindsor, General Manager at Best Western Windsor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2013

Write a ReviewReviews (1,098)

994 - 1,000 of 1,098 reviews

Reviewed 3 January 2013

After a 3 hour wait on I -5 the "interstate powers" decided it was too treacherous to allow travel so all cars were turned around to fend for themselves. The Best Western was the first hotel I came to and luckily I was ahead of the bolus of people in the same position.
We snagged a queen room for $99/n which was fairly priced given the supply/demand situation. Large nondescript room was just okay, nothing memorable just adequate. It was near a diner that was also just okay in food/price but all filled a need. The breakfast was a zoo as all were trying to head south for Xmas and getting an early start. I do remember weak,tepid coffee was offered.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
AshlandWindsor, Front Office Manager at Best Western Windsor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

Dear jonesyguy,

I am glad to hear that you were able to have a place to stay with us during the recent Interstate 5 closure, and that you thought we are fairly priced. It is unfortunate that the coffee was not up to par that busy morning, and I will be speaking to my breakfast staff about this issue to assure it's not repeated. We hope to welcome you back to Ashland again some day, but hopefully under better circumstances.

Reviewed 28 December 2012 via mobile

Very good location next to I5 Freeway Exit and walking distance to Shopping Centers and Restaurants. The room rate was reasonable and the hotel provided complimentary breakfast. There was a small gym and coin laundry was a convenience for us.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear FunToTVL,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of our property. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our Gym & Laundry facilities. We are looking forward to hosting you again on your next adventure through Ashland!

Reviewed 18 December 2012

The exterior of the hotel is charming -- it looks like part of Disneyland. Our room was clean and spacious, the staff very friendly and helpful.

The free breakfast in the morning was a bit nicer than average. They have a pancake machine instead of the typical waffle machine and a nice area to eat in.

The property is adjacent to a Chevron and a diner type restaurant.

Despite all this we had a rough night at this hotel. Our heater made an ear piercing noise whenever it fired up. We notified the front desk and they were apologetic. It's unfortunate, but these things happen. The staff handled it well and we were otherwise quite happy with this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Dear Krysta V,

I sincerely apologize for the troubles with the heater during your stay. I will be investigating further and making sure that it is taken care of, and that the owner, Jonathan Warren, is aware of this issue. I hope that all of the good experiences you had while staying with us will draw you back to us during your next adventure through Ashland.

Reviewed 16 December 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed 6 December 2012

I stayed at this hotel while visiting my son who attends Souther Oregon University. Rooms were very clean (my top priority in this price range) Good friendly service from the front desk staff. Not much to do or eat around the hotel but it is just about a 5 minute drive to downtown Ashland and SOU. All in all, a good value for the money. This is where I will stay next time I am in Ashland.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
AshlandWindsor, Front Office Manager at Best Western Windsor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2012

Dear carl i,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Our staff members work hard to keep it extremely clean and friendly around here. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and will be returning again. We are looking forward to the opportunity to provide you with the same excellent service next time you stay with us.

Reviewed 4 December 2012

This hotel looks somewhat new but if it's not it's well kept. It's a series of 2 story buildings in a sort of "L" configuration along the side and back of the property. The front is where the lobby and office is and I think some guest rooms there as well. It is not on a main street though so even if you do have a room along the street it should not be an issue. It's also a block away from I-5 so that also was not of concen.

The room was larger than most at this price range and the price was typical of this class of motel/hotel. I assume during high season the rates go up significantly to reflect the popularity of Asland for the Shakespere festivals). In addition to the sleeping room, there is a seperate, small toilet-tub-shower room with closable door and a sink/makeup area with standalone closet. The sink-makeup area is sort of part of the main room, through a large archway as you can see in my photo. It has double sinks and plenty of counter space which we very much like having.

A good breakfast is included with a good vairety of items which has become more standard in the past year or two. Scrambled Eggs, Sausage, U-cook pancakes (first time I've seen this machine) instead of the more common U-cook waffles, breads, fruit, toaster, dry cerial, etc. As this sort of variety is becomming more and more common, the differentiator for me is the quality of the scrambled eggs. I like my eggs to be hot, fluffly (not runny), and not obviously made from fake eggs. The eggs pleased me here on all three criteria.

We'd stay here again if in the area off season.

Room Tip: No Elevator so if on 2nd floor, you'll carry your luggage.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
AshlandWindsor, Front Office Manager at Best Western Windsor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2012

Dear Califdan69,

Thank you for taking the time to review and post pictures of our property. I am glad to hear you had such a great experience here at the Windsor Inn.

While we are not a new property, we have had a remodel done just about 3 years ago. We work hard to keep the property maintained and clean.

I hope you can stay with us again on your next adventure through Ashland. We are looking forward to the opportunity to provide you with the same excellent service.

Brittanie Bellamy, Front Office Manager