“Great Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
Gleneden Beach, United States
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This is the 2nd time we have stayed at this property. The room was a great value for the upgrades it provides. The bedding is wonderful and so comfortable. This property reminds me of home. We will come back again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Carol K
AshlandWindsor, General Manager at Best Western Windsor Inn, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Carol K,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a splendid review of our property!

I am so pleased to hear that our property reminds you of home. Thank you for your feedback on our bedding, and our value. We are glad to hear you will be coming back for a 3rd stay, we look forward to seeing you next time.

Brittanie B. General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
aberdeen, United States
Reviewed 11 April 2014

they stay was ok for the one night. because we were so tired from a nine hr. drive. we had adjoining rooms the rooms were clean but for some reason there were ants. we went to use the pool and spa and had to remove the cover from spa only to see that it need to be cleaned and the jets were not working until we notified the staff which did take care of that problem quickly. the pool towels were small just big enough to cover my seven year old, not big enough for adults. the ice machine had broke and flooded the laundry room. one of the fridges didn't seem to work properly. the property was a nice area within walking distance to dinning. decent breakfast provided staff was pleasant.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Dear John K,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I apologize for the problems with our laundry room, pool/spa area, fridge, and that there were ants in your room. Its strange how bad things come all at once sometimes, I am sorry you had to experience it all in just one night!

We keep a plastic cover on the Jacuzzi in the spring and winter to help keep it nice and warm for our guests. I'm that it was an inconvenience for you to remove it. I apologize about the leaves & plant matter in the jacuzzi, and that the jets were not working. The jets usually can be turned on from the button right next to the jacuzzi--it appears it had a one time malfunction.

I am sorry that our ice machine flooded the laundry room. Obviously it was broken down that night, but we have since had the part replaced and the laundry room remains flood free.

I apologize that ants showed up in your room---we are making sure this will not happen to another guest, and taking care of the problem.

Thank you for your feedback on all aspects of your stay here. We will use this feedback to improve our guest experience. I hope this one negative experience will not drive you away from our property, and that you're willing to give us another chance to do it right. If you'd like to discuss any of this in more detail, please feel free to contact me directly at 541-488-2330.

Boise, United States
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Clean, affordable, quiet. The staff was cheerful and helpful. These people know how to run an inn. The facilities are well maintained. No problem with commodes, sinks, faucets. Clean carpet, clean walls.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

AshlandWindsor, General Manager at Best Western Windsor Inn, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Kenneth R,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property! Thank you for mentioning the property's cleanliness, we greatly appreciate it! We hope to see you again soon!

Brittanie
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Room was larger than expected so didn't feel cramped. Bed was surpisingly comfortable. Only drawback was we were next to electrical room, so did have buzzing noises at times, but not bad enough to disturb our sleep.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

AshlandWindsor, General Manager at Best Western Windsor Inn, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear michaelwO1791IE,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our property! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our spacious rooms, and comfortable beds. I apologize for the noise heard in the room next to you. We can surely place you in a different room next time you stay with us.

Tualatin
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stay here quite a bit. The staff is always very nice and the rooms are clean and spacious. The breakfast is nice. We like the pancakes, though it tends to get quite crowded and they are slow to stock up the items. The pool is nice and it's easy access on and off I-5. Downtown Ashland is just a few minutes away.

Dear Gail799,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property! Thanks for mentioning our friendly staff, clean rooms, nice pool, and easy access to I-5 and the downtown area. We are working to improve our breakfast service and layout. Thank you for your feedback.

El Sobrante, United States
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I recently stayed at Best Western Windsor Inn while passing through Ashland Oregon. It was late at night and I wanted to grab a good nights sleep before I passed into California. After surfing my phone I stumbled across an internet special for a king room at this hotel and reviews looked good. I am used to the normal Best Western accommodations, food etc. and was just looking for a good nights sleep. When I arrived I was greeted pleasantly and and recognized as a rewards member. From the outside the hotel is a vast property and very cute with a chalet design. Entering the room I was pleasantly surprised to find it handsomely appointed with an attractive design. The room, carpet, beddings and bathroom were all in excellent condition and it was very roomy. The bed was very comfortable and modern. At breakfast the next morning I was again pleasantly surprised to find fare beyond the normal powdered eggs and greasy sausage. There were individual quiche available, coffee varieties, a pancake maker and more. The staff was exceptionally friendly and happy as well. The room was literally a bargain at $79.00 and would still be a solid deal at $119-$129. I will plan this as my future stop of choice while in this area traveling.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

AshlandWindsor, General Manager at Best Western Windsor Inn, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Timothy C,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our property. We are glad to hear that you took advantage of our internet special we are offering. Thank you for mentioning our well appointed rooms, and that you enjoyed our breakfast. Its great to hear that after this experience, we will now be your hotel of choice. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Washington State
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We've been to Ashland many times and have stayed in several hotels there and in Medford and the Windsor Inn is not only the nicest one we've stayed in, it is a great value as well.

First of all we took advantage of a Best Western internet special and received a substancial discount right off the top.

Second, the service from the front desk, housekeeping, and the breakfast staff was first rate. Attentive, consistent, and friendly.

Third, I had no complaint regarding the room. It was clean, comfortable, and big! Flat screen TV, refrigerator, coffee maker, hair dryer. Extra long, double sink vanity in the room - separate from shower! yay! I can do hair and makeup and not in a steamy bathroom! no microwave however. The beds and pillows were just to my liking - firm in a good and supportive way. Linens were newer. Towels could have been of better quality - just a bit too thin.

I noticed they had a van to transport guests to the Festival too. This hotel is not within walking distance of the festival - it is closer to the university. I'm glad they offer this service. Perhaps when we come this summer we can take advantage of it.

I don't usually have anything negative to say about "free" breakfasts because I feel it's a bonus. I can and usually go else where to eat, but I did eat there three days. It was ok - scrambled eggs, sausage, small quiches, grapefruit, yami yogurt, toast, pastries, cereal, instant oatmeal and pancakes from a special pancake maker. The kids loved it. The coffee was not so good. Unless you like weak coffee, you may want to travel down the road to one of the many coffee shops and get something more to your liking. I really think they don't use enough grounds rather than just not using better quality grounds. So, I stuck with tea for breakfast there.

There was a lot of parking lot noise in the morning - dumpster was emptied at 4:20am and someone with a huge pick up truck decided to warm up his/her rig right below my room. I did not appreciate the diesel exhaust wafting up to my room or the noise from its fired up engine. I can't imagine this happens often, but you may ask for a quite room over near the fitness center side of the property where there is a buffer between the parking lot and the rooms. I will next time.

Dear Keliiaua,

Wow! Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed review of our property! We are glad to hear that we've earned the title of the nicest hotel you've stayed in on your adventures to Southern Oregon.
Thank you for mentioning our great internet special rate, friendly staff, clean and comfortable rooms, and our shuttle service. While we are currently not running the shuttle service, we will be starting that again in May. Thank you for your feedback on our breakfast. We are always looking for ways to improve it.
I apologize for the early morning noise you experienced--usually the garbage isn't picked up until after 7am or so, I will be investigating as to why they were here so early that day. And I also apologize for the truck noise and smells--this doesn't happen often. We will be happy to accommodate you on the other side of the property next time you stay with us.
Thanks again for this great review. We hope to see you again this summer for another Ashland Adventure!