“Good, average, comfortable”

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
WA
“Good, average, comfortable”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Very good rooms/accommodations, clean and comfortable. Nice exercise facility/gym with a treadmill, elliptical, stationary bike and weight machines, but below average outdoor pool--small, divided by a rope and filled with bugs. Enjoyed the friendly service and the complimentary Shakespeare shuttle to downtown. Slightly disappointing breakfast, not many choices or fresh fruit, sugary stuff mostly and juice that was basically water.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
AshlandWindsor, General Manager at Best Western Windsor Inn, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear Schrutefan08,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms, fitness room, friendly service, and shuttle service.
I am sorry that our breakfast and pool were a disappointment. We are looking to improve our breakfast, so I will share you compliments with the property owner, for review and follow up.

We have the rope divider in our pool to separate the shallow and deep ends. I am sorry it was an inconvenience. I will share the cleanliness issues with our staff to ensure that it does not happen again. Thank you for all your helpful feedback. We hope you will stay with us again if your adventures bring you back to Ashland.

Brittanie, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Friday Harbor, WA
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We've stayed at Windsor Inn many times and love it. The service is wonderful and efficient, the rooms clean and comfortable. The breakfast was much better than most. The location is good, close to the freeway, but not too close. Great restaurants nearby.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Janefridayharbor_wa,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our property. It is wonderful to hear that you've stayed with us many times, and have loved it. Thanks for mentioning our friendly and effecient service, clean rooms, breakfast, and our location to the freeway and nearby restaurants. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Brittanie, General Manager
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stay at the Windsor Inn about 80% of the times that we travel between Portland and the Bay Area. The motel is clean and the rooms are roomy and comfortable. The staff is extremely friendly, and the breakfast is generally slightly better than typical motel fare. They have a very nice swimming pool, if you are traveling in the summer, and though the motel is a 5 minute drive to downtown Ashland, it is very handy to I-5.

1 Thank marksmallwood
AshlandWindsor, General Manager at Best Western Windsor Inn, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear marksmallwood,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am glad to hear that we are you usual stop during your travels up and down the I-5. Thank you for mentioning our location, breakfast, friendly staff, and our large outdoor swimming pool. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Redding, CA, United States
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We always try to stay at this hotel when visiting family and friends in the Ashland area. Its location is great...right off the freeway but very close to restaurants and town. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are always clean.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Verna H,

Thanks for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. It is great to hear that you always stay with us when visiting the Ashland area. Thank you for mentioning our location, clean rooms, and comfortable beds. We hope to see you back again soon!

Brittanie
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed in a room on the 2nd floor, room 201. The room was clean, and spacious. The staff was unbelievably helpful and friendly. We had booked the room to attend one of the plays at the Shakespeare Festival and also a family function, so we didn't use the room much but whenever we were in the room, the hotel seemed quiet. Our nights there where wonderful, the bed was very clean and comfortable. There was plenty of closet and storage space. We didn't use the pool, but the pool looked quite lovely. We also went out for breakfast and didn't eat at the hotel, but did slip into peek at their spread, and saw a very nice breakfast buffet.
The Hotel is very convenient to getting on and off I-5 but is not within walking to downtown shops and activities. We had a car, so this wasn't a problem for us. We will most definitely come back and enjoy this hotel when we return to Ashland. Thank you for a brilliant stay at your lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Hotel is very close to exits for I-5. Clean and quiet rooms upstairs.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
AshlandWindsor, General Manager at Best Western Windsor Inn, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear cruznagain55,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your clean and spacious room. Thank you for mentioning you liked your room, and how helpful our staff members were during your stay.
We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Ashland! Maybe this time you'll have a chance to use our pool and try our breakfast.
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel as part of a road trip to California. It is conveniently located just off I5 at Exit 14. It is close enough to I5 but not so close that freeway noise is a issue. The only setback would be that it is not close to the downtown area, however they did provide limited shuttle service during the Shakespeare Festival. I'm not sure if they run the shuttle outside of event times.

The hotel is fairly large and is two stories arranged in an L shape. There is a fitness area, breakfast area as well as an outdoor pool and jacuzzi. There is plenty of parking available.

My room was located of the second level near the pool area. The room was large and had all the usual amenities that one would expect including an ironing board as well as a hair dryer. I found the room and hotel to be very quiet. Of course this can vary with the types of guests staying but overall sounds from adjoining suites and outside were limited.

The pool area is nice. It gets the afternoon/evening sun in June. There were approximately 8 lounge chairs as well as 3-4 tables with chairs. The loungers were well padded and towels are available close by as well.

The fitness room is quite large but basic. It is also quite exposed with lots of glass windows so with the summer heat it would be quite hot, even with any air conditioning. The breakfast area provides the basic food to get your day going. Nothing fancy, but enough to satisfy both kids and adults before heading off.

Overall I had a very pleasant stay here. It provides all that you would need for an overnight or short stay. All staff members including reception and the breakfast area were very friendly. I can't really find fault with this hotel as it delivered what I was looking for, a convenient, good value hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank MisterCheeky
Dear MisterCheeky,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of our property. Thank you for mentioning our proximity to I-5, shuttle service, pool area, and fitness room. Thank you for mentioning how quiet our property is, despite how close we are to the I-5.

We hope to see you again on your next adventure through Ashland!

Hilo
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I scoured the reviews for a nice place to stay to celebrate my parentʻs 50th and my 20th anniversary. Although we do like luxury and could have afforded the higher end hotels near the center of Ashland, we also like to save a few dollars where we can. Thankfully we did not have to sacrifice either staying at this Best Western. I must admit I was a bit hesitant making the reservation thinking about all the ʻseedyʻ places I have seen a Best Western in the past, but all that was whisked out the door the moment I stepped into the lobby to check-in. The staff was courteous, helpful, and quickly got us to our rooms. I liked it so much, I signed up to become part of the ʻclubʻ as I will be traveling quite a bit in the near future. But on to the description...

The good stuff - The grounds are well kept. Their is a planted area separating the room doors from the car parking area. There is a good sized outdoor pool and hot tub, a large breakfast area which was expanded into the large conference room to accommodate surges of people getting breakfast, and a large fitness room. We had a King size room which was quite spacious with a separate sitting area and the bath/toilet was in a separate room. I like having the double sinks accessible. My partner could shower or use the toilet and I could still get ready. The bed and pillows were very good.

The downsides - the fitness machines are a bit dated (they all work well, though) and their was only one of each type of machine (elliptical, treadmill, bicycle), so if there are several people wanting to workout, they would have to stagger their times. There is enough room for more machines, but their is also lots of room for people to do yoga or other floor exercises. The parking lot fills up in the evening on busy nights. You need to get their early to get the egg quiches or it is powdered eggs and sausage for you. Oh, and the OJ seemed to be a bit watery.

All in all, I will definitely return next year.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the bottom floor as they do not have an elevator.
Dear Renee L,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of our property.

I am glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations as Best Western property. Thank you for mentioning our clean rooms, friendly staff, grounds, breakfast and pool. We look forward to seeing you at our property in the future!