“Arden-tly in love with Arden Forest Inn”
Review of Arden Forest Inn

and 1 more site!
Arden Forest Inn
Ranked #17 of 31 Ashland B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 22 April 2008

All of the positive comments in other reviews are true. We found comfortable, super-clean rooms in a lovely setting, delicious breakfasts, and the most congenial, fun, funny, knowledgeable, generous-with-their-time hosts you'll ever meet. We enjoyed meeting the other guests and "talking theater" over breakfast each morning.

This was our first visit to the Arden Forest Inn, but it won't be our last. In fact, I can honestly say that this was the most enjoyable B&B stay that we have ever had, anywhere.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Arden Forest Inn

Reviewed 1 March 2008

We had a great visit at the Arden Forest Inn. Bill and Corbet are wonderful hosts and really seemed to enjoy spending time chatting with us over breakfast. They graciously accommodated my special dietary requests and helped us find the best restaurants in town. We were in town for a class at the United Bicycle Institute but enjoyed hearing about the local theatre scene. Our accommodations were beautiful, tidy and comfortable. We hope to return soon for another relaxing visit!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2007

Do not stay at this place!.......It's absolutely .......wonderful and will be hard to find a date that's open if the word gets out on what a perfect B&B this is to stay at while in Ashland.
The delicious food served at breakfast and hosted by the B&B owners is an experience all by itself. Corbett and Bill are great hosts and offer an abundance of OSF information as well as a large serving of humor! Their warmth and hospitality make this a very special place.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2007

My husband and I just got back from another wonderful stay at Arden Forest B&B in Ashland, Oregon. Again, we were treated to wonderful food, hospitality, discussions about the plays,and great humor. We also met some very interesting other guests as we all sat around one big breakfast table to enjoy the food, and conversations. My husband and I always look forward to our two stays a year with Bill and Corbet at Arden Forest, but once we get there the time just seems to fly by. See you in May,08.

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank JackiePSalem
Reviewed 15 August 2007

The Arden Forest Inn is a wonderful place to stay. My friend and I could only stay two days but wish we could have been there for at least a week. Bill and Corbett, owners made us so welcome and the setting is so peaceful and relaxing we felt like we had had a longer break. There has been so much love poured into the Arden Forest Inn and beauty in the rooms and the grounds. I loved the communal breakfast with discussions of the shows that were on that day or that we had seen the night before and also other subjects. One breakfast lasted for several hours.

I will definitely be back and will be telling my friends about this place.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2007

As an annual visitor to Ashland for the Shakespeare Festival, I've stayed in several places over the years, but have settled on Arden Forest as the B&B I return to again & again. The rooms are comfortable (I've stayed in four of the five) and make you feel like you're in a home away from home, not unlike many other B&Bs in Ashland. However, the difference really comes from the sense of community that occurs at every stay. The Inn really attracts folks who are there for the theatre, and not by accident. Corbett & Bill are always knowledgeable about the shows and other activities at the Festival, and have managed to attract other like-minded people to return repeatedly. As people have commented in other reviews, the breakfast conversations are always lively, with insights from the hosts and lots of exchange among the guests. On more than one occasion, the gazebo in the lush garden has been the gathering place for afternoon wine & cheese, a perfect place to relax and discuss the day's activities. We think this is the place for theatre buffs and those that enjoy a relaxing retreat that also offers a congenial atmosphere among the guests.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2007

As a repeat visitor to Ashland and the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, I can honestly report that there is no better B&B in town. Yes, I have tried others but return to Arden Forest for its comfort and home-like setting. Thankfully the doilies and floral prints of so many other pastel B&Bs are not to be found here. Instead the focus is on relaxation with its florid garden, private swimming pool and shockingly-organized library. The main house is spotless and every room I've stayed in over the years looked as if I were its first visitor.

As for breakfast, every meal is a slice of heaven. Just cross your fingers and hope that you're staying at Arden when fresh biscuits are served. Whether its sweet or savory, the breakfasts are fabulous.

Of course I cannot write a review of Arden Forest without also thanking its affable hosts. These guys have created a wonderful and comfortable home/B&B that has become a part of my annual, if not biannual, trip to Ashland. Hosting at the breakfast table every morning, they stir conversation around reviews of theater, gossip, politics and whatnot all while catching up with every guest as a friend and not just as a customer. In fact, its these breakfasts and their dialogs that I miss the most when I return home.

In a way, I wish I could keep Arden Forest a secret hideaway so I could more easily reserve a room for a night or a week, but I understand the proverbial cat has been out of the bag for a while now. When I can't stay at Arden Forest, I regretfully try some another B&B around town, none of which I have visited twice.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple