“Quiet and Restful”

Lithia Springs Resort
Ranked #4 of 31 Ashland B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My wife and I spent two nights at this resort, room #4, which was in the main building above reception.

The resort property is perfectly situated back from the main road. There was absolutely no road or highway noise. It was easy to access and there was plenty of parking.

The room was well appointed, very clean, and the mini fridge was stocked with two free bottles of water. The room had a jacuzzi tub which was fantastic after 10 hours of driving. There is a hint of sulphur in the spring water but nothing that would be classified as offensive.

Staff were exceptionally friendly. Booking, check in and out were a very simple process.

Breakfast is included and featured plenty of healthy options along side typical breakfast staples. They freshly baked scones were amazing.

Staying here was the best two nights of our road trip. We never slept so soundly.

There was free WiFi and the room came with a large flat screen TV.

Thank you Lithia Springs! We'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed here for three nights while visiting the area and seeing performances at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. The property is charming and unpretentious while also maintaining a high standard of luxury and comfort. It reminded me a bit of a smaller scale Solage in Calistoga--albeit without the top-end restaurant or some other amenities.
The grounds are lovely gardens, although currently undergoing expansion related construction. The hot breakfast each morning was tasty and had plenty of options. The afternoon tea was a treat. All of the staff we encountered were unfailingly helpful and cheerful.
Our spa bungalow came equipped with an in-room tub/jacuzzi and a separate bedroom/living room/bath room. The king bed was large and cozy, the fireplace in the living room an excellent antidote to the Oregon wet chill. It was a pleasure to lounge in front of it in our bathrobes after a day of activity. In addition, while 10 minutes outside of Ashland's busy streets, it was really easy to get into town and find parking. During the summer, they might want to add a shuttle service.
This property is the sister to the Ashland Springs Hotel, a historic property in downtown. As a result, they offer discounts Lark's, the very fine restaurant there which is perfectly located for a before theater meal.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dhappel54
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My husband and I came here for a weekend R&R. The resort itself is stunning and a sense of relaxation comes over you when you check in. Everything is modern and has serene decor. We stayed in a spa bungalow. The layout is great; The room is separate, and the two person jacuzzi tub is perfectly situated so you can watch TV and relax if you want, or turn the radio on. We came On Wed so the spa wasn't open. The only downfall to the location: although it's easy to locate, we heard 3 ambulance sirens in a day and a half....but it's not a deal breaker. We would definitely return!!!

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank dogloveswater
Reviewed 25 February 2014

From the first moment we arrived I had a wonderful experience! The only reason this didnt get a 5 star was that the property is undergoing a complete overhaul and we were put next to the outdoor hot springs pool construction (our choice - we asked for a first floor and that was the only option!). When completed this is going to be a DREAM resort! The first thing I need to say is if it weren't for the special construction rate I would have never been able to afford this stay. I don't mind a little noise for luxury! The first room were were (#2) in was a "spa" room - all light tones, in room hot springs fed soaking tub - really cosy. It was also up a flight of stairs and we had heavy luggage. Add to that it was over the breakfast room - not bad if you love bacon. I do not love bacon. So we asked to move. What was available was bungalow #21....Set in a richer color scheme this room has a more open layout. The only thing I think would be better is if the sleeping area was divided like the spa room. It was hard to watch tv in bed from this angle. There is some spa treatment rooms that are available for some treatments, but I think they said that if you book something they don't have they have their sister property in town that does the service. The one thing you should also take into consideration is this property is out of the main area of town. Its not far - actually would be a lovely jog or walk - but it is a couple of miles from the center of town. And since I adore Ashland I found that to be the only drawback for me. Kind of disrupted that small town feel you get from just popping out to grab coffee. That said - breakfast IS included, and its a nice hot one too!! The fresh scones are to DIE for! I had a few and I have a gluten allergy!! For the owners of this resort...In my opinion I think if you had more organized events, like morning/evening yoga, hikes through the incredible woods on the property, bike rides, etc... it would add to the charm. I hope a work out room is planned along the way as well (for those cold months!). I would DEF return if I could get the rates I did for that week I was there!

Room Tip: Rooms 1 and 2 are up stairs, no elevator.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank loldhams
Reviewed 9 January 2014

This was our second visit to Lithia Springs Resort and I'm sad we only stayed one evening! It's still as lovely as ever and I now put it in my top 5 hotels I've stayed (I tend to travel budget). It's a great value for the room and service. The front desk people are not just polite and professional but also friendly and warm. Cookies in the lobby are a nice touch; the lobby itself is spacious and welcoming, great first impression.

This time we stayed in a Garden Suite because of a great AAA rate. I was a bit surprised at the prices of the bungalows as it seems like a low season and they were still higher than the last time we stayed (in the fall). The room was spacious for 2 people and even has a sofa bed in case you have more than 2 people (or your spouse makes you mad! Ha ha); there was a door separating the 2 areas as well. Had a little bit of a kitchenette with plenty of counter space, dishes, and silverware. The only disappointment here was that the coffee maker had not be cleaned prior to our arrival and still had the coffee packet from the last guests. Also, the tea bags looked like they had been there for awhile and could use replacing. Really liked how they provide liquid half and half and not just the powdered stuff like most hotels.

LOVE the linens and comfortable king bed; very dreamy night of sleep. Everything is decorated tastefully and I can tell a lot of care has been put into the design. The bathroom was also lovely, really liked how the toilet has it's own little room that doesn't feel cramped =) Great shower pressure and of course, LOVE the jacuzzi hot tub. There's a small space heater to warm up the room/tub area as the main heater is in the living room space. Robes, thoughtful hooks placed throughout, and fluffy/large towels. Gilchrist & Soames toiletries. Only piece of feedback here was the sink took quite a long time to heat up hot water, and I hate wasting water.

From our last visit, I didn't think there were TV in these rooms but we found a nice, large, flat screen TV in the "living room" area. The setup with the couch and chairs was a little bit awkward in watching it though and could possibly use a bit of reconfiguration. The heater was quite noisy and plumbing for nearby rooms can be a little loud (we could hear our neighbors using their jacuzzi tub at 1am) so just be aware.

We didn't have the breakfast this time as we tend to eat at Morning Glory but I remember being it very full and hot, what's not to like?

Room Tip: Garden Suites include kitchen, Spa and Patio Bungalows are great though avoid facing the parking lot
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sharkchompsal
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I found Lithia Springs with the Hotel Tonight app on my phone, as we were driving up from CA. Frankly I was surprised to see Ashland on the list at all - and we got a great deal for the resort. It's a lovely place - very thoughtfully decorated and with friendly and helpful staff. Our room was actually a suite with a little kitchen - we got one of the garden suites, I think, above the breakfast dining room - and the jacuzzi tub was in the bedroom. It all felt quite luxurious and the buffet breakfast the next morning was very good with lots of fresh-cooked hot options like scrambled eggs and waffles as well as yogurt and fruit. Having a second cup on coffee in front of the fireplace in the entry lounge was a great way to ease into our day.
I suppose, if pushed, my one suggestion would be that they work on their winter garden! It must be lovely in the spring and summer but looks rather depressing and forgotten in December.

And a tip: Using GPS to find the place, we were directed the wrong way. It looks as though the streets have been very recently re-routed just there. If we'd actually had our eyes open, instead of glued to the phone, we would have noticed the huge hotel sign at the t-juncton from the bridge that crosses the freeway!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rosegrrl
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Followed reviews on Expedia before booking so was wishing for the best although only staying one night. Stayed with husband and three year old child. We arrived from road trip at 5:30pm and the lady at front desk was so nice and yet professional. She had us all booked and said we were all set gave me keys and showed me room 5 and gave me helpful instructions and left me alone which I like. Our room was great, spotless, and bright. We went right into the jetted mineral tub since we had travelled a long way. We both have back pains and my daughter was throwing up all morning from something we couldn't figure out. If she didn't get better we were gonna take her to hospital, but she swam two times in hot spring water and was cured...we were all cured. It was my birthday and the bath was was so ujnlije anything I ever experienced. Hey, I'm hooked and rejuvanated. Breakfast was the real deal self serve hot and diverse. I swear I'm going back. The Libby was cozy and the bed was King and i melted to sleep. The TV was flat screen big and clear. Only complaint was room was very hot ad to sleep with wibdiw open and no heat and still was warm. It was cold out so better hot than cold, but bath makes you very warm. Check out was so easy. Room had fridge, coffee maker, tea, waters, and wine glasses.

Room Tip: The bigger the room the better as a reg room was so awesome I can imagine how awesome cottages are
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family