“Incredible find....clean, charming, romantic and touching hospitality!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ashland
Coolidge House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #14 of 31 Ashland B&B and Inns
Palo Alto, California
“Incredible find....clean, charming, romantic and touching hospitality!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Wow....where do I start? If you are looking for a bed and breakfast that is not only spectacularly clean, charming, romantic, and a perfect location (1 block from downtown Ashland) but also such a relaxing and uplifting experience than look no further. Humm.....Jordan is the owner of the property and also the host and from the moment you check in, he is so attentive to all your needs without you really asking him.......I recall that my husband, Brian, asked Jordan where he might buy a Wall Street Journal and Jordan provided it for him the following morning at Breakfast as well as the subsequent mornings. Though, I was not a vegetarian, I mentioned that I prefer vegetarian for breakfast and he would always remember. Oh, and the breakfasts were not just aesthetically appealing, they were both healthy, well-balanced and delicious. This is coming from a food snob....me!

During breakfast, you got to sit with the other inn guests and just mingle.....I loved the other guests at Coolidge inn....Jordan knew all of them on a first-name basis and they were all repeat guests. They talked about Jordan with such warmth as if he was a loved family member :-)

The cocktail hour in the late afternoon was always something that I found myself looking forward to: one day there was wine, a platter of interesting cheeses/healthy and delicious crackers and the other day it was home-made hummus with warm whole wheat pita wedges and of course wine (red, while) and always tea, cookies and apples waiting for a quick snack.

The bed was comfortable, the linens good quality and rooms charmingly done. We stayed in the Dickens Suite and loved it.

The inn is conveniently located (location, location, location....) one block from downtown Ashland. We watched 3 plays (Shakespeare's Tempest and Richard the Third and Wrinkle in Time) over our 5 day and 4 nights stay at the Inn. Once we checked in, we pretty much never moved our car but instead walked everywhere...this was a big plus! Jordan also has a ton of good literature to brush up your Shakespeare if you were so inspired.

Jordan was also kind enough to let me use his gym as his guest on a couple of occasions....very thoughtful and sweet of him.

I can go on and on.....but really, this place is a gem and Jordan's hospitality is a rare find. My husband and I hope to visit Ashland again to see "Julius Ceasar" and we will definitely be staying at Coolidge Inn again!!!

Have a great vacation.....we loved the Shakespeare festival and staying at Coolidge will make your experience all the more enjoyable!!!!

My heartfelt gratitude to Coolidge Inn for making our stay memorable....

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful, recently remodeled with updated charming bathrooms :-) I know this because...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank msidhu1

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Eureka, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I do not know why it took us 8 years to make it back to this first rate B&B. What makes this so special? Well lets begin with the proprietor, Jordan, who knows everyone's name, and is the perfect host...attentive but not obtrusive. The breakfasts are fabulous and you may notice every review says much the same thing. Convenient to the plays, private parking in back, very quiet, very clean, and very comfortable. Why stay anywhere else?

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Coolidge House is perfect when going to the OSF in Ashland as it is an easy walk to the theatre complex. Breakfasts were served outdoors at communal tables, which is a little unnerving in the morning, but everyone is there in Ashland for the same reason, so it was okay. The rooms are very comfortable, and there is a little balcony on the second floor. Jordan the innkeeper puts out a tea time snack, too. Very nice place to stay and not have to use the car.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms adjacent to the balcony
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Bellevue, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

I've stayed in at least five B&B's in Ashland, and Coolidge House is perhaps the best I've tried.

The location is great -- quite close to the center of town and the plays. The best aspect is the proprietor, Jordan. He has the perfect combination of attentive and unobtrusive. He has good taste in food, and serves excellent breakfasts. When we needed to leave sooner than the standard breakfast time, he served an excellent meal earlier for us.

Room Tip: One minor quibble is that the windows are single-pane, so rooms nearer the street have more road noi...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

Jordan, the proprietor, does everything possible to make sure your stay at his B & B is comfortable. Jordan and his kitchen staff turn out a delicious breakfast every morning. Coffee and tea is available at 8:00 A.M., and breakfast is served at about 9:00 a.m. If the weather is warm, you are served outside. Jordan can also recommend good restaurants in Ashland. Wi-fi is free in your room as well in the living room/dining area. This B & B is also within walking distance to the OSF theaters.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank FoodandWineTonight
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

I loved staying at the Coolidge House. The period furniture and decor are exquisite, while the breakfast, which we had in the garden, is one of the largest I have had at B&Bs. We have stayed at several places in Ashland for the Oregon Shakespeare Festival and this is one of our two favorites. I believe that this house (1870s) is the oldest home being used as a B&B. We stayed in the Parlour Room which has a lovely bay with plenty of sunlight for reading. The hosts were very gracious. One of the things I really enjoyed was sharing breakfast with the owners. They were full of stories about the area and always available for tours around this historic home. In the afternoon, there were always fresh-baked goodies, tea, coffee and wine. The front porch, although it overlooks the relatively busy Main St. is a great place to read. There is also a deck on the second floor that has excellent views of the mountains around Ashland. The Coolidge is about two blocks from the Shakespeare Festival Theatres so it is within walking distance of pretty much everything.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MelindaKHM03
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

The Coolidge House is 2 blocks from the main plaza, and easy access to great restaurants, Lithia Park, and of course the Theaters. The location drew us here, but the house and the host are what will definitely have us coming back. Beautiful rooms, scrumptious breakfast, and a wonderful host.

Room Tip: The Sun Room is a bit more expensive, but it is HUGE, and has a view of Mt. Ashland from the bathroo...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple