“Ashland's Best Inn”

Country Willows Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #3 of 30 Ashland B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 July 2008

July 21, 2008. We have been drawn back to the Country Willows each year for the past 10 years, the last 5 of which we were blessed by the new inn keepers, Chuck and Debbie. Words do not describe the overall excellence, warmth, views, and beauty of this inn. There are outstanding views, superb breakfasts, lovely country rooms, and above all amiable and gracious hosts. We have never experienced better. David and Judy D.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 July 2008

The hospitality and ambiance of this B&B far surpassed my expectations. From our greeting at the front door to our goodbye, we enjoyed everything this Inn had to offer. Clean, crisp and comfortable beds, excellent full course breakfast, and the landscaping surrounding the Inn was beautiful. We never left after check-in, and check-out came too soon. I would reccommend this Inn to anyone. Thanks to Chuck and Debbie for their hospitality. Phill and Celia Bowles

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 30 June 2008

I have just returned from a week at this charming B& B Inn. it was my first B&B experience and I am afraid that any where else i choose to go will have an extremely tough act to follow! Our room was clean, beautifully decorated as was the home's living room, game/t.v./ computer room. The breakfast room was bright, cheery full of light and windows viewing the forest, pasture and fields of wildflowers that surround the property. Our innkeepers were gracious, made us feel welcomed, and put on an incredible gourmet breakfast every morning. They made sure we had correct maps and directions to each days' adventures and if we chose to hang around the inn, the grounds included wicker patio furniture on the first and second story verandas and sparkling clean pool and hot tub on the upper deck next to the house. A variety of beverages were always available as well as homemade cookies or some kind of afternoon snack. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed 23 June 2008

Madeleine and I have stayed in many B and B's from Nova Scotia to southern California. Country Willows has undoubtedly been the best. Put it high on your list if you enjoy ambiance, comfort, a beautiful setting, many activities easily at hand (partifcularly the Shakespeare Festival), extremely helpful and gracious hosts, and remarkable food. We look forward to our return visit.

Steve

Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed 31 March 2008

Even though we were guests several years ago, the proprietors refused to book a room for me and a friend who has a service dog in clear violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act. We wrote two separate emails to them informing them this was against state and federal laws, but received no response.

We have never been refused service at any establishment in the 12 years we have had service dogs, and were very surprised when the proprietors wrote to us stating they do "not accept" service dogs. I would suggest they educate themselves on the law, and do the right thing by changing this policy immediately.

Please note if you are traveling with your service dog, you will not be welcome at the Country Willows B&B in Ashland, Oregon.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with friends
4  Thank LisaSG
Reviewed 2 January 2008

This is a B&B I will return to again and again in Ashland. The rooms are beautiful, comfortable and roomy (have stayed both in the cottage and in the pine ridge room). It really felt like returning home. Chuck and Debbie are great hosts and Debbie is a gifted cook. Breakfast is inventive, delicious and so pretty (I'd say award winning if there was such an award). For me what was additionally special was the incredible scenery surrounding the property. The view included a spacious meadow, complete with picket fence, goose pond, hills and snow topped mountains. It was truly special.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 23 October 2007

A couple of weeks ago I had the exquisite pleasure of staying at the Country Willows Bed and Breakfast in Ashland, Oregon. Innkeepers Chuck and Debbie have created a beautiful, restful haven for travelers and I felt completely nurtured there. My charmingly decorated room was spotlessly clean with attention given to every detail. The room looked out over green fields and trees and from the front porch of the main house I could see the rolling hills surrounding Ashland. There is a little creek on the property and there are plenty of places outside to relax in nature or inside in the living room with a good book. This place is unique because it is located very close to the center of town where the restaurants are and the Shakespeare Festival is held (mere minutes away), yet I felt that I was truly "away from it all" because of the expansive, tranquil country setting. And the food! Debbie is a caring, gifted culinary artist. Each breakfast was creatively presented and made from the freshest ingredients. The menu changed each day I was there and included tiny scones, fruit served in original ways, delicious juices (unique flavor combinations), garden frittatas, chicken sausage, homemade granola, pumpkin/pecan pancakes, interesting teas and coffe and much more. It is obvious that these innkeepers have poured love into the Country Willows. They seem to genuinely care about their guests having the best time possible. I cannot recommend this B & B highly enough and I will stay there every time I am in Ashland.

Stayed: October 2007