“The Best B & B in Ashland For Location, Comfort and Charm”

Cowslip's Belle B & B and Boutique Vacation Rentals
Ranked #27 of 30 Ashland B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 January 2010

Carmen and Jon have created the perfect place to stay while in Ashland for the Theater. The rooms are decorated beautifully and are very private and comfortable. Breakfast is delicious and a great time to meet new people and discuss the plays, etc. The atmosphere is very comfortable and relaxing.
We have been coming to Cowslips Belle since shortly after it opened and have always felt like we were coming to visit good friends. We love the cookie jar and the beautiful pond where we can sit and read and relax.
The location is within easy walking distance to the theater and town.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 January 2010

After trying a variety of other places in Ashland, my wife and I have made a great habit of staying at this B&B during our annual visit to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. This comfortable, long established, converted home, is on Main Street, within walking distance of downtown, the theaters and many outstanding restaurants. The owners offer a variety of elegant accomodations, the food is good, and Jon and Carmen always knowledgeable and helpful. A real gem with a babbling brook by an an outdoor lounge.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2010

Cowslip's Belle is a very well appointed B&B with a beautiful garden area for afternoon reading, sipping wine, and contemplating your next play. It's an easy walk to the Oregon Shakespeare theaters so you can park your car and never get back in it again throughout your stay in Ashland. You also get those special starlight walks back to the B&B after you've seen a play.

Jon & Carmen, and their lovely old dog, are absolutely part of the charm of this place. They are warm, quirky, and intellectually stimulating hosts.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2010

Over the last 25 years we have stayed at the Cowslip's Belle many times, for many reasons: the easy and pleasant walk to the center of Ashland, the theatre, and Lithia Park; the beautiful rooms, the wonderful breakfasts, and especially the warmth, welcome, and good company of Jon and Carmen, who are everything innkeepers ought to be--helpful, accomodating, and full of stories and suggestions. Our now 14 year old enjoys it as much as we do!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 January 2010

The delightful inn keepers, Jon and Carmen have created a warm, friendly and beautiful bed & breakfast . They serve up the most delicious and hearty gourmet breakfasts each morning, along with witty conversation, helpful tourist tips, and all-around amazing hosts. I've been coming to Cowslip's Belle for more than 15 years. I look forward to visiting Jon and Carmen as much as I do seeing the plays, maybe even more. They've become special friends. And my stay at their inn is always the highlight of my trip - a restful escape and wonderful experience that I treasure each year.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 January 2010

For the past 10 years plus (I have lost track ) my high school buddies and I have been traveling to Ashland each June to enjoy the Shakespeare Festival and stay at the WONDERFUL Cowslip's Belle. Jon, Carmen and Jingle, their Vizsla , are now like family, and we can hardly wait to catch up the past year's events. There is not a thing I could suggest to improve upon the welcoming hospitality, fabulous breakfasts, beautiful room decor that includes a teddy bear for each bed, and the knowledge that you will be cared for with warmth and love. My only fear is that John and Carmen may someday tire of catering to all our whims and head for Hawaii. Then where will we be??

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 October 2009

The website stated a price for "up to 3 guests". We were billed an extra $50 for third guest on my credit card. I did not know about the charge until they mailed my receipt. It was too late to make other plans or we would have. We also ended up with some bites that looked suspiciously like flea bites. Our room was very small and almost completely filled by the furnishings. The breakfast was generous, but average at best. The owners were very nice and know the area well.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends