“Perfect”
Review of McCall House

McCall House
Ranked #5 of 31 Ashland B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 March 2013

March was our second time staying at the McCall House, this time we brought another couple. It was, like the the first visit, just exceptional. Our guest were equally pleased. Both of us will be going back hopefully soon. Rob

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed 1 March 2013

We always stay here, year after year... and we've stayed at other places in Ashland, when we didn't get our plans in order in time to book here but we continue to enjoy coming back to the McCall House. The rooms are all wonderful... not a bad one in the place and for its size, no matter where you are the place stays quiet. We love the location which makes it easy for two, or three, or five or how many we are to be on our own, walking back and forth to McCall from town and plays, and movies and dining. And, it is great that you can park here and not really need to get into your car again while anywhere in Ashland. And, breakfast is great. Freshly prepared, ample and not overwhelming that you can't imagine lunch, and with enough variety that you can stay here for 3-5 plus days and not get bored. And, if you are likely you can get a freshly baked cookie in the morning... that will be out in the afternoon and evening for a little treat. Nola and her staff are personable, friendly and informative. Feels good to keep coming back to this place.

1  Thank BarryandJackie
Reviewed 19 February 2013

This was my first trip to Ashland & the McCall house. It was a perfect weekend, and I can't wait to take my husband back. I went with my two daughters and our time at the McCall House was perfect!! We shared Lydia's room and it was most excellent. We had fun staying up late playing games in the parlor and walked to most all our destinations for the weekend. The breakfast's were delicious and the service exceptional & friendly!! They went out of their way to make my daughter's 30th birthday special. We will all be returning with our spouse's.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I've stayed at the McCall House regularly over the last 9 years. It's delightful: clean, beautiful antique furnishings, delicious gourmet breakfasts, cookies in the evening, quiet and comfortable. It's also located at the edge of the restaurant & theater area, just a block from the Oregon Shakespear Festival. It's my favorite place to stay.

Room Tip: Every Room is excellent - I prefer the main house. (There's a separate carriage house which has...
Reviewed 15 February 2013

My husband and I stayed here for Valentines Day! This place is so warm and cozy! I felt like I was staying with relatives. Breakfast was yummy! After staying here, I have decided when I travel I prefer to stay at a B&B, because you felt so at home. Located in the heart of the city, you are walking distance to everything. We walked only a block for shopping and dinner! I would certainly recommend staying here to anyone!

1  Thank Monica J
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I have stayed in many B&Bs in Ashland, and almost all of them are quite nice. They have good accommodations, enticing breakfasts, and a central location. The McCall house, however, is a cut above the rest. Nola the innkeeper is well-versed in the local attractions, is an excellent cook, and as personable as they come. The house has several rooms from which to choose, and anyone should be able to find a room that fits their needs. There is not much counter space in the bathrooms, but that is to expected in an historic home such as this. The location is fantastic, with a great brewery/restaurant a block away. Off-street parking is a plus, one can leave the car and easily walk to any of Ashland's sights, including the Shakespeare plays. Warm fresh cookies in the afternoon with a cup of tea is a delight. I recommend the McCall House highly for your stay in Ashland.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2012

My husband and I stayed two nights at the McCall House and loved every minute of it! We had the Captain and Lizzie McCall suite and found it very cozy and comfortable! It had a wonderfully comfortable king bed and two nice chairs beside the "fireplace" (infrared, but pretty and put out heat) that was a nice place to spend our evenings reading. Loved the claw foot tub, too! The entire house is beautifully furnished with lots of period antiques. The staff, especially Kim, were very friendly and welcoming, and breakfast was a delicious treat! Since this Inn is so centrally located, park your car and walk where you need to go in town! I can't wait to go back!

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple