“Wonderful place to stay”
Review of McCall House

and 1 more site!
McCall House
Ranked #5 of 30 Ashland B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 April 2013

My niece and I recently had the pleasure of staying 3 nights here while visiting Ashland and the Oregon Shakespearean Festival. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this beautiful home perfectly located just a block away from the theaters and downtown shopping. With the exception of a quick trip to a pharmacy on the outskirts of town, we were able to leave our car safely parked in the back of the house for the duration of our vacation.

We stayed in the President Hayes room, a large, spotless 2 bed guestroom at the front of the house overlooking Oak Street, historic buildings, and the scenic hills. We liked being able to relax in the evenings after the matinees, sit in the cozy chairs next to the bay windows, and people watch. We also were entertained by the antics of the resident cat in the front gardens. While we could hear cars pass through the night, the volume of traffic was so light that it did not really disturb us at all. In fact, I slept very well as the beds were so comfortable. We both agreed that the bathroom with its shower pillars was quite stately, and that the room's armoire was truly a work of art.

Breakfast each morning was served precisely at 9:00. The food was so good, I never left a morsel on my plate! Nola and her staff are cordial and professional, and the conversation with the other guests at breakfast was always pleasant as we enjoyed discussing what plays we had seen or were going to watch.

I highly recommend McCall House. We peered in several of the rooms, and while most were definitely smaller than the one we stayed in, each had its own charm and sense of comfort.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gayle W

Reviewed 23 March 2013

March was our second time staying at the McCall House, this time we brought another couple. It was, like the the first visit, just exceptional. Our guest were equally pleased. Both of us will be going back hopefully soon. Rob

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 1 March 2013

We always stay here, year after year... and we've stayed at other places in Ashland, when we didn't get our plans in order in time to book here but we continue to enjoy coming back to the McCall House. The rooms are all wonderful... not a bad one in the place and for its size, no matter where you are the place stays quiet. We love the location which makes it easy for two, or three, or five or how many we are to be on our own, walking back and forth to McCall from town and plays, and movies and dining. And, it is great that you can park here and not really need to get into your car again while anywhere in Ashland. And, breakfast is great. Freshly prepared, ample and not overwhelming that you can't imagine lunch, and with enough variety that you can stay here for 3-5 plus days and not get bored. And, if you are likely you can get a freshly baked cookie in the morning... that will be out in the afternoon and evening for a little treat. Nola and her staff are personable, friendly and informative. Feels good to keep coming back to this place.

1  Thank BarryandJackie
Reviewed 19 February 2013

This was my first trip to Ashland & the McCall house. It was a perfect weekend, and I can't wait to take my husband back. I went with my two daughters and our time at the McCall House was perfect!! We shared Lydia's room and it was most excellent. We had fun staying up late playing games in the parlor and walked to most all our destinations for the weekend. The breakfast's were delicious and the service exceptional & friendly!! They went out of their way to make my daughter's 30th birthday special. We will all be returning with our spouse's.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I've stayed at the McCall House regularly over the last 9 years. It's delightful: clean, beautiful antique furnishings, delicious gourmet breakfasts, cookies in the evening, quiet and comfortable. It's also located at the edge of the restaurant & theater area, just a block from the Oregon Shakespear Festival. It's my favorite place to stay.

Room Tip: Every Room is excellent - I prefer the main house. (There's a separate carriage house which has...
Reviewed 15 February 2013

My husband and I stayed here for Valentines Day! This place is so warm and cozy! I felt like I was staying with relatives. Breakfast was yummy! After staying here, I have decided when I travel I prefer to stay at a B&B, because you felt so at home. Located in the heart of the city, you are walking distance to everything. We walked only a block for shopping and dinner! I would certainly recommend staying here to anyone!

1  Thank Monica J
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I have stayed in many B&Bs in Ashland, and almost all of them are quite nice. They have good accommodations, enticing breakfasts, and a central location. The McCall house, however, is a cut above the rest. Nola the innkeeper is well-versed in the local attractions, is an excellent cook, and as personable as they come. The house has several rooms from which to choose, and anyone should be able to find a room that fits their needs. There is not much counter space in the bathrooms, but that is to expected in an historic home such as this. The location is fantastic, with a great brewery/restaurant a block away. Off-street parking is a plus, one can leave the car and easily walk to any of Ashland's sights, including the Shakespeare plays. Warm fresh cookies in the afternoon with a cup of tea is a delight. I recommend the McCall House highly for your stay in Ashland.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple