“Great Hospitality”

Ashland Hills Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
Reviewed 27 October 2013

At around 11:30 p.m. on a Sunday night I realized I would have to work extra hours on Monday and would need wireless internet past the checkout time on Monday. I went to the front desk and spoke with Melinda. She told me that I could stay in the room for a couple extra hours beyond the regular checkout time and she would make a note in the system so that I would not be interrupted by housekeeping. This came as quite a relief!!! Thank you Melinda and the staff at the hotel. I will definitely be staying there next time I visit Ashland and will recommend my friends stay there as well.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
AshlandRep, Manager at Ashland Hills Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Guest,
Thank you for your positive feedback and review!
We are so happy that Melinda was able to help you with your needs during your stay with us and will be letting her know about your positive review.
We are always working on meeting and exceeding our guests expecations and always enjoy hearing about our guests great experiences when they stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back on you next trip to Ashland and thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

This gem will get five stars soon. They are doing extensive remodeling to make more rooms available. I love the setup, with a separate bedroom that has an extra sink and mirror. The sitting room is a nice size with comfortable furniture. The complimentary breakfast, delivered to your room, is not incredible, but enough to get you started, including a quick read through the newspaper. An added benefit is, if you travel with a pet, it won't cost you extra. Prices here are superb, especially for this trendy Shakespeare town, and the staff is great to deal with. You can't beat it!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear TripAdvisor Guest,
Thank you so much for your positive review and feedback!
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was great to deal with!
We are looking forward to all the new developments that will be happening over the next couple of years and look forward to being able to welcome you back.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We booked the Ashland Hills Hotel and were pleased with the reservation service we received, as we called the hotel directly. We confirmed a upper level, "hills facing" room. Upon arrival, we found out that our room had been reassigned to a large student group and there were "no notes in the file", which both my husband and I had confirmed. Traveling with my elderly mother, I wanted a peaceful, quiet setting. What we got was a ground floor room with teenagers pounding on the floors above until 1:00 AM - notified the desk both nights and they quieted them down. What is ultimately frustrating is that the hotel seemed to be "captive" by their large guest groups and those of us who were small families were left in the dust. The room was adequate, with comfortable beds/linens. Bedroom was spacious but the sitting room was very small and seemed like an afterthought. The room was very clean throughout. Breakfast delivered to the room was pretty spartan. In order to compete with some of the other "suite-like" hotels, it would be better to have a breakfast room, similar to Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, etc. It was a very mixed experience. The hotel is undergoing remodeling. I am hoping, when the dust truly settles, that it will be better managed and they will be better able to service their customers.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear TripAdvisor Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and review.
We truly apologize about the experience that you had with the group and that we were not able to meet your room request during your stay with us. This is being addressed with our staff and does not meet our standards of service that we always strive for. I would love to discuss this with you further if you would like to call or email me whenever it would be convienant for you.
With our new ownership we are looking forward to being able to expand our amenities and this does include looking at our breakfast and expanding it when we have the other buildings open.
We look forward to hearing from you and hope to see you on your next trip to Ashland.

Jennifer Barnes
jennifer.barnes@ashlandhillshotel.com
(541) 482-8310

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We were feeling pretty confused as to exactly where this hotel was located. The hotel along the main street that runs in front of the property was vacant and under construction. We finally asked someone at the construction site and he directed us down what we considered to be an unlikely entryway. When we parked out front, we were a bit doubtful and we asked to see the room first. We were pleasantly surprised by how nice the room was. It's a bit of a drive from all the things downtown, but the difference in price is nice too.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear TripAdvisor Guest,
Thank you for your review and feeback!
Our entrance, for now, is a little unique and we do try to keep up the signage to help direct our guests to our suites building that is in operation. This year we have new owners and are working to reopen the buildings that the previous owners closed over 5 years and hope to have our main entrance back in operation in the next year or two. We are looking forward to continue building our hotel and amenities for our guests and are very happy that you were pleased with your suite and how nice it was.
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Ashland.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

There are some AMAZING places to stay in Ashland, but you better be prepared to pay for them. And if you have a dog over 50 lbs, your options go way down. When we don't have our dog with us, we do prefer the cute boutique hotels of the area, but with the dog, Ashland Hills is the way to go. It's very accommodating to pets. No extra fees and the large suite of a hotel room is great to stretch out in. Easy access to a pet area to both let the dog out for potty and also to throw a ball and exercise them. The room itself is quite plain Jane -- white walls, white counters, white bed linens and barely a picture on the wall anywhere to break it up, but it's clean, spacious and an incredible value when you book online. AAA members save even more! One word of caution when you do come with a dog -- there are no bowls or anything, so remember to bring your own. Seeing a small kitchenette in the description made me think there might be a bare minimum of a few utensils and a bowl in the room. Nothing. Complimentary breakfast baskets can be ordered for delivery each morning and the views of the hills outside the hotel are stunning! Overall we were pleased with what we got for the price here!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear TripAdvisor Guest,
Thank you so much for your positive review and feedback
We are happy that you and your furry companion were able to enjoy the spaciousness of the rooms and the large pet area that we offer.
We would like to let you know that upon we request we do offer "kitchen kits" that come with bowls, plates and silverware and will look into having some extra options for our four legged guests as well. With our new ownership we are looking into sprucing up our rooms and are looking forward to being able to offer more amenities in the future as we redevelop the rest of the property for our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you on your next trip to Ashland!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I have been staying at this hotel since 1991 and have observed it's various changes over 22 years. During the month of August we made two separate stays of a few days each and it was our first time under the new hotel ownership. There were few changes, but those that were evident were good choices, such as moving the front desk reception to the main entrance. Over the years I have stayed at several other Ashland hotels (The Bard, Stratford, Columbia, Mark Anthony & Ashland Springs), but what keeps me consistently returning to the Ashland Hills Hotel after so many years are: the very comfortable beds and linens, the 2 room suite floor plan, mini-kitchen and I love being able to step out on the small private balcony. They have a self-laundry, free wifi and the hotel is clean and all employees are friendly and eager to please. No, it's not right in the center of town, but personally I am more content to have my fun in town, then make the 5 minute drive to this peaceful location with it's tranquil view of the mountains.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear TripAdvisor Guest,
Thank you so much for your positive review and feedback!
We are pleased that you enjoy your stay with us and that you have been such a long term guest. There have been a lot of changes over the past 20 years here at this property and we are looking forward to all the new developments and being able to offer so much more to our guests with our new ownership.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Ashland!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

This hotel was clean, beautifully appointed, quiet, comfortable and staff was very helpful and friendly, BUT they charged my credit card for the entire price of the room on the day I made my reservation (3 weeks before my stay). I was shocked when I got my credit card statement with the room charged to it 6 days before my stay, especially since the e-mail confirmation clearly stated that my room would not be charged until I checked out. Staff could not have been more kind and considerate while explaining this new policy of charging your credit card as soon as you make the reservation. It was particularly bunglesome because they had to credit back part of my bill to a credit card I don't use very often. I like the hotel but due to this policy, am not sure I would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kristin1955

Dear TripAdvisor Guest,
Thank you for your feedback!
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was so helpful and considerate.
We do greatly apologize about the confusion with our new deposit policy, which is that we are now asking for a one night deposit at the time of your booking, and are working hard to make sure that all of our partners, websites and confirmation pages show the correct information. We are always willing to work with our guests though if this causes too much of an inconvience and hope that you will still choose us for your next trip to Ashland.

We look forward to welcoming you back!