“Home Away-from-Home”

and 1 more site!
Feller House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Aurora B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Feller House for one night, May 12, after having lunch at Amy’s and a full day exploring Aurora’s antique shops in this small town. We had the lovely Garden Room which overlooks the back garden and surrounding tree farms.
I am grateful to all the other Trip Advisor reviewers who recommended this B & B. I admit that I was a little hesitant at first to book the Feller House when I saw that it is actually located about 4 miles west and a 13 minutes drive from Aurora’s Main Street area on Google Map. Please note: We are retired urbanites from Honolulu, HI and live just a 5 minutes drive from Waikiki and major shopping malls, restaurants, markets, etc. This was also our very first trip to Oregon so we were not fully prepared for the lo-ong driving distances : ) My husband got a little anxious and asked how far we were going to get there as we started to drive through the tree farms. We even missed the driveway although there was a nice big sign ‘FELLER HOUSE Bed & Breakfast’ posted right on the fence, and we were using a GPS device. But once we got there, Barb came out to warmly greet us right away and invited us in to show us around then take us up to our room. She told us that we were the only guests that night so to make ourselves at home because we had the whole place to ourselves. Needless to say, we found the Garden Room spacious and comfortable…plus no need to lock the door with no one else there.
We asked Barb to recommend a restaurant for dinner that night, and she described two restaurants in nearby Canby that she and Arnie had dined at. We decided on Grand Central Station and had very nice meals at reasonable prices—I had the delicious pot roast served with mashed potatoes and cooked veggies, a house special.
The next morning Barb and Arnie greeted us at 8:30 in the dining-kitchen area for breakfast. We were invited to help ourselves to coffee and started breakfast with a fresh cup of fruit. Barb had asked us the night before if we liked asparagus because she had some ready in her garden, and we said, ‘Yes, of course.’ So she served us a delectable asparagus and potato frittata along with her scrumptious fresh baked scones served with lemon curd. My husband whispered to me, “I hope she offers us a few scones to take with us.” I think Arnie loves those scones too because we didn’t get any ‘leftovers.’
We had planned to leave the B & B around 9:30 to head to our next destination Hood River, but our breakfast conversation with Barb and Arnie got so interesting that we got up to fill our coffee cups and sat back down to ‘talk story’ until 10:30.
If you are looking for a home away-from-home rather than just a bed in a room to sleep in, then I highly recommend Barb’s and Arnie’s Feller House B & B. (Note: We stayed in seven different B & Bs and just two inn/hotels over 19 days of travel--driving from Seattle, WA to OR.)

Room Tip: The Garden Room is quiet & spacious. Note: There are 2 windows: the one closest to the bed do...

Reviewed 25 May 2012

The Feller House is truely a home away from home. The peaceful location in the country is a nice escape from the hectic cities I'm used to. I arrived late and Arnie, who had been planting potatoes and candling trees, greeted me as I came up the driveway. Inside, I was warmly welcomed by Barb. Barb went out of her way to whip up a snack for me, and Barb and her grandson kept me company while I had my snack. The house is thoroughly modern while being historic, cosy and comforting. My room was large and comfortable and my breakfast included freshly baked muffins! I would definitely return to Feller House.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 May 2012

The Feller House is owned by Barb and Arnie, but it feels more like visiting with family than a business operation. The historic home is old but completely up-to-date, and the garden room was a lovely view of the garden, song birds, and orchard beyond. We chose the Feller House for the central location in the Willamette Valley, but we soon learned from our hosts that there was much more to do than we could possibly include in a two-day visit. Nevertheless, we enjoyed many of the attractions offered even more than the ones we had originally planned to visit. Beyond our warm hosts and comfortable home, the breakfast prepared fresh each morning was unbelievable. It was obvious Barb loves to cook by the meticulous detail and variety of our dishes. My description of each breakfast could not possibly do justice to the wonderful dishes served. We will definitely be back here on our next trip to Oregon!

Room Tip: We loved the view and quietness of the Garden Room.
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We had a wonderful, relaxing anniversary celebration at Feller House. Barb and Arnie are great, breakfast was delicious, and enjoyed visiting Champoeg and historic Aurora. We highly recommend Feller House.

Reviewed 18 October 2011

I had forgotten how much more wonderful a B&B is over a motel when I chose Feller House for a quick getaway with my husband. Just driving in you know you are in for a treat with small tree farm, orchard vegetable and flower gardens. Following the red brick path to the front of this beautifully kept 1865 home we see touches of the season among the flowers and porch decorations. Inside we are warmly greeted and we feel as though we are visiting family. A tour through our 'home for the night' brings delight as the interior is tastefully decorated with antiques furnishings are arranged comfortably. Armed with good advice on where to eat and some local history from Arnie we head out for a drive and dinner in Canby. Back for the evening we drive in to the tree lit up with twinkle lights, enjoy a movie in the guest living room and sleep soundly in a comfy bed in the Garden Room.

Fulfilling my special request for an earlier breakfast, we awaken to Barb's delicious cooking. Personal quiches, fruit cups, pumpkin cinnamon rolls garnished with edible flowers and herbs from her garden.

With such pleasant hosts and lovely surroundings, I would recommend Feller House to anyone!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights. The B&B is located on a farm which made our stay very relaxing and calm. Breakfast was great, with ingredients supplied from the owners' own garden! We would stay here again if we are ever in the area again, there are some very nice restaurants and vineyards nearby!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2011

The food was delicious. Barb & Andy were so hospital. Andy made sure we knew the history or Aurora and was quite a storyteller. He and my husband got along great talking about all of their "projects" around the house. Such a comfortable and relaxing place. Didn't want to go home.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Best Western Wilsonville Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Newberg - Wine Country
River's Edge Hotel & Spa
River's Edge Hotel & Spa
#43 of 144 in Portland

Been to Feller House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!