“nice room, ok breakfast”

Amethyst Inn & Cottages
Ranked #1 of 3 Adamstown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed in the garnet room on the second floor. The room was large, clean with all the basics. It had a nice porch and a 2 person jacuzzi bath and steam shower. We liked the room very much. The food was ok but not great, at least compared to other B & Bs we've stayed at. I'd give it 3 1/2 stars if I had the option.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
AdamstownInns, Owner at Amethyst Inn & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Thank you very much for your review. I am really sorry to hear that our breakfast did not live up to your expectations. We strive to make our guests feel at home and enjoy everything we have to offer. We hope that you would give us the opportunity to “wow” you in the future.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here in September of 2012 for our honeymoon, and it was so memorable an experience that, even though it's been a while, I felt compelled to give a review. We stayed in the Ruby Suite, which was as luxurious as it was comfortable. The bed was perfect, the jacuzzi in the bed room was an awesome touch, the T.V. room was old fashioned and inviting, and the two bathrooms and steam shower were the height of luxury.

Every thing about the staff and service was so accommodating and professional, while at the same time relaxed and welcoming. My wife and I arrived later than planned, well past our check in time, and upon calling the staff to notify them of this, the door to our suite was left open so we could let ourselves in when we arrived. Kristin is an amazing hostess and innkeeper; she and all the staff here truly made our stay. The food Kristin prepares and serves is top-notch; her breakfasts are not to be missed! The instrumental guitar music playing during one of her gourmet breakfasts was so perfect, and upon learning that I played guitar and loved the music, Kristin gave me a free CD of the artist's music that was playing, Vin Downes. My wife and I listened to the CD our entire honeymoon, and that music will always have a special place in our hearts as it brings back memories of our honeymoon, the wonderful Adamstown Inn, and the pleasant atmosphere of Lancaster. As another testimony to the unprecedented hospitality of Kristin and staff, one morning my wife wasn't feeling well, and so unfortunately was unable to leave bed for breakfast. Upon learning of this, Kristin prepared a tray of the items I thought my wife would like from the morning's breakfast, and I was able to take it into the room so she could enjoy the meal when she was feeling better. Truly unbelievable service, hospitality, and genuine concern for the well-being and comfort of their guests! I can't say enough about Kristin and all the wonderful staff at Adamstown Inn. With the wonderful people, and clean, comfortable rooms, The Adamstown Inn truly is the perfect stay.

Room Tip: Ruby Suite was amazing!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
AdamstownInns, Director of Sales at Amethyst Inn & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you Sean for your very kind review. Returning guests are the ultimate compliment to our B&B. We find many of our guests have selected their stays on Tripadvisor.com. We appreciate the time you have taken out of your schedule to share your experiences. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

My husband booked our room for our anniversary getaway and we loved every moment of our stay. Our room was clean and the bed was so comfortable - like sleeping on a cloud! The steam shower and the fire places were a nice added touch. And we loved the Jacuzzi in our room!

Breakfast was amazing and very filling. We really enjoyed the baked oatmeal, sausage and cheddar balls, and the chicken sausage.

The staff was very friendly and thoughtful. They sent us home with a box of local goodies!

Room Tip: The room we stayed in had a private entrance on the side of the house.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
AdamstownInns, Director of Sales at Amethyst Inn & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for choosing The Adamstown Inn for your anniversary stay. It was an absolute pleasure to share such a special time with you. We look forward to celebrating many happy anniversaries with you in the years to come. Best wishes!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I booked this weekend in the Ruby Room for my husband and I, as a romantic, peaceful getaway. Everything about our stay was wonderful. My husband enjoyed the coffee station and really loved the steam shower. Our room was beautiful, decor was just awesome. The bed was so comfortable I wanted to take it home, along with the bedding! We enjoyed a peaceful evening together on one night, just staying in watching movies and eating takeout, after being out late to a function the night before. We slept too late both mornings to enjoy the breakfast, but appreciated the chance to do so. We will definitely be back again soon, and I would recommend this inn to anyone wanting a relaxing stay!

Room Tip: Ruby Room is large, with 2 bathrooms, a little bit of noise in the morning from breakfast diners.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks so much for enjoying a peaceful getaway at Amethyst Inn and sharing your review! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 24 January 2014

The Amythest Inn was wonderful. The food was great. The coffee and snack station was yummy. The service and attention was also wonderful. They really put a nice touch on everything, we got a welcome packet with vouchers for local restaurants. We had a free appetizer and free dessert at the steakhouse! When we left they packed us snacks for the road.

We stayed in the Amber room and it was lovely. We had an issue with the shower and when we called, the owner was there within minutes, literally minutes - to fix it and apologized sincerely, even though it was our own mistake. We just opened the door wrong and it was acting funny.

ALSO - We were an interracial lesbian couple and they treated us with the utmost respect and kindess which was a concern for me in booking a B&B in a rural area. But the rate was great and the service fantastic.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We were blown away by the amazing hospitality of this charming B&B. They want to make sure you have a wonderful experience and we absolutely did!!! Big plus is a handicapped accessible bedroom/bathroom with a private entrance. We love the atmosphere of B&Bs but most can not accommodate someone in a wheelchair. So many pluses - VERY comfortable bed that didn't creak, nice pillows, chocolates in your room, delicious breakfast, fireplace, coffee/tea and goodies always there, goodie bag when you leave, nice packet of info on places to see/restaurants in the area, and did I mention CHARM!!. Everyone was soooo helpful throughout our visit, especially Kristin, and the owners. Did the floor above us creak when the guests moved around? Yes. Did it bother us? No. And we appreciated their kind offer to Veterans on Veterans Day with some complimentary or discounted rooms. A class act. Will we be back? Absolutely!!!

Room Tip: If steps are a problem for you there is a handicapped accessible suite on the first floor with its o...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My husband and I stayed two nights in the Topaz room. It was exactly what you would expect in a charming Victorian B&B: period wallpaper, a quilt on an antique bed and lace curtains. A modern Jacuzzi in the bathroom was very welcome. We first drove past the house since it was hidden behind large pine trees. The steep narrow driveway looked scary, but our SUV was able to make it and we found the entrance around the side. When we checked in we were given a tote bag with information. Staff was friendly and helpful. There was a Keurig coffee maker and a cookie jar in case we wanted a late-night snack. Breakfast was hardy. They packed up leftovers in a cute container for us to take. We would certainly return again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adamstown
AmishView Inn & Suites
1777 Americana Inn Bed & Breakfast
Artist's Inn and Gallery
Artist's Inn and Gallery
#1 of 1 in Terre Hill

Been to Amethyst Inn & Cottages? Share your experiences!